Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Within the Snow

Started by WallyD, February 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Asta stared into the yellow eyes of the demon. He hissed, his hot breath smelt of rotten flesh hit against her face. As the demon raised it's claws, Asta heard a poof to the side and saw a small burst of light. The demon brought its hand down but it seemes slowed.

Asta lifted her knife and stabbed it in the chest, around the collar bone. It screamed and lept up, clawing at his chest. Asta sat up wincing, the demon was still able to scratch her, right across her left cheek and ripped past her lip, stopping at her chin. Asta stood back up, feeling blood in her mouth. She grinned, watching the demon closely.

"Come on, come on." Asta whispered to her self, trying to get angry about her wound but all she could feel was smug as the demon screamed in agony. She lept forward and gapped her kinfe handle twisting it.

"Shageon!" Asta yelled, hoping he could make his way to her.

excitement

"That's all the runes I want to spend on this sucker!" Shageon shouts. The spell wears off and the demon's speed returns to normal. He reaches her and keeps running, wanting to strike while the iron is hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

Asta pulled her kinfe out, stumbling back. The demon hissed and leaped at Asta, making her dodge to the side.

"By the Gods!" Asta huffed, trying to watch to demons moves. "Why don't you just die?"

excitement

Shageon tries slicing it from shoulder to hip, but the demon blocks with its hand to give it time to dodge. it's fingers are sliced off and a bit of black blood oozes out.

"i'm sure it's saying the same about us"

WallyD

Asta lunged at the Demon again only for it to dodge. Again. Asta growled in frustration as the demon stood there, taunting the two of them.

"This is not working​!" Asta yelled, turning to Shageon "Punch me or something!"

excitement

"this is a bad idea. " he sighs and tries thinking of a better one while slashing at the demon, more to keep it occupied. "fine! BUT YOU'D BETTER START PULLING YOUR WEIGHT!" he thinks to himself "please don't hate me" and hits the hand she isn't using with the flat of the blade, not at his full strength but enough to sting and then turns back to dance with the demon 

WallyD

"Hey, I'm the one inured here! Where the hell were you when the damn thing slashed my face!" Asta yelled has her hand throbed. "I'll show you what the hell I can do!"

As Asta was yelling, the blizzard actually seemed to pick up, snow turned into ice shards. The storm swirled around Asta, the area around her free of ice, as though she was in the eye of the storm. Strange enough, the ice shards also seemed to advoid Shageon, it took Asta a bit more will power to not let the shards rip through him.

The demon screeched as shards started to hit him on all sides, the lost of his powers left him bewildered. It saw Asta and quickly moved it's way towards her, stumbling as the storm became stronger.

excitement

Shageon sees the eye of the storm and quickly runs over to Asta. He points his sword at the demon "this is really impressive!!" he yells above the noise of the storm. Whenever the demon lunges to get into the eye, Shageon slashes at it forcing it to retreat back into the thick of the storm

WallyD

"It's not like I can keep it up." Asta snapped at him. "Hurry up and kill it, I bet the spell will become infective if I try and move."

excitement

Shageon says "right sorry" and jumps out of the eye, slashing downwards onto the demon. It blocks with its arms and Shageon stabs it through the stomach. It still twitches and moves a bit so Shageon kicks it away, letting go of his sword and the demon falls on the ground face up

WallyD

Asta raised her hands and shoved them out. Large ice shards pirced the body. The storm dissipated, the air was light and the white snow glistened. Asta stumbled and put her hands on her knees huffing. She looked up, staring at the dead body.

"Sorry. It might be overkill but better safe than sorry." Asta said standing up, licking her lips as a metallic taste filled her mouth. "Not that I'm questioning your skill." She said flatly.

excitement

"don't worry i'm not insecure enough for that to hurt me. What  definitely didn't hurt was the awesome storm magic! Does that have a story?" He starts picking up bones again like the demon never happened 

WallyD

Asta pulls out some wrappings and put snow in it, making​ a cold press. She winced as she placed it against her cheek.

"If there is one, I dont know it." Asta said shrugging, watching Shageon. "Can't really control it or make it happen out of the blue. Plus I kinda piggybacked that demon."

She frowned, thinking back to the fight. "You said runes. Did someone teach you that?"

excitement

"no... uhh... don't tell anyone, but this is what I like to call the rutter. In the front is information, my specialty. Which places to hunt, which favors to call from who, think of it as an index of every person and place that my ancestors and I have learned about." as he speaks, he shows her the front half of the rudder. There is old drawings of maps, notes, drawings of faces, machines, etc. "At the back" he continues after opening the book up to the back where magic runes are scattered across every page "are the runes you were talking about. The tradition is that the book is passed down to the eldest son and he and the second eldest or eldest daughter work on improving the rutter, one person adding runes and the other adding information. Unfortunately, I am the last of my family, with no one with the knowledge to add runes so I use them sparingly, if at all. Any questions?"

WallyD

Asta watched the book with great interest. She had seen him pull it out a couple of times but never said anything.

"So this is your family spirit?" she said, crouching next to him, her eyes scanning the runes, unable to read them. "The Yorks don't have a solid tradition like this. The fact that our trapping skills are passed down to the eldest son is similar." Asta looked at Shageon. "What if the book becomes full, do you make a new one? Do you share it with others? How are you going to pass it on if you are the last of your family? Will it just be buried with you?"

excitement

"well... i'm really hoping to find a wife and pass it on to my son but no luck yet... I might just hand it over to someone... but based on how i've spent my life so far its most likely i'm going to get torn apart by wolves in the middle of nowhere and the book will be lost... When the book is full, we rip off the leather backing, fashion a new one that can fit more paper, then put the old paper and new paper into the new leather cover. It doesn't happen often and I've still got plenty of room."

WallyD

Asta nodded standing back up. She checked her cheek to see if it was still bleeding and was pleased that it was not. It was definitely swollen and it was starting to itch, but Asta doubt that it'll leave a large scar.

Asta put away the rag, folding it so the blood would not stain the inside if her pouch, and proceed to help collect bones.

excitement

Shageon finishes collecting the bones and starts tying them in bundles and putting them on his back "sorry for insulting you and hitting you in the fight by the way, i didn't mean any of that" 

WallyD

Asta finished her own bundle and shrugged.

"I was up set. Obviously." She muttered, "But I did ask you too. And it helped in the end, so it's ok. Just don't expect to be forgiven right away, you'll have to work for it. Untill your hands bleed." Asta said smiling, half joking and half serious. we

excitement

He takes out a knife and makes a minuscule cut on his hand that barely bleeds "good now that that's done, let's get going" He starts heading out with his bundle of bones "you're not going to tell anyone about the ledger right?"