Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Within the Snow

Started by WallyD, February 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

"Of course not. I swear on the last breath of my blood line." Asta said, moving her fist over her heart. "When Yorks make promises, we never break them. We leave that to the weak and cowardly."

excitement

"that's more than enough for me"  Shageon says then thinks back to her power "so... do you have any control over your ability when you're not mad? When was the first time you used it?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

"I can make my hands cold." Asta said. "The cold also has little effect on me. I can spend hours out here and not freeze​ to death. The first time I used it was when my mother died. I caused a blizzard, destroying most of our camp. A few people died."

Asta paused think back. She was bearly able to stop it.since then Asta tried to advoid making her self feel anything that could cause a storm to show up.

excitement

"wow that's crazy" Shageon looks at Asta a lot differently now knowing she killed a few of her tribe... he knows it's not her fault and it shouldn't effect him... yet he is forced to look away from her to stop his eyes from calling her a kin killer. "so your hands getting cold... that could have some real uses... like... dipping your hands into water and then punching someone with the icy fists you make? Hold on I know there's more than icy fists you can use this for..."

WallyD

Atsa could feel a change in Shageon's voice. She winced internally but knew that she would get over it.

"Don't know about making ice fist, but I can turn a hot bowl of soup cold. My hands would sometimes be so cold that I can make someone's skin burn from my touch. Surprisingly my hands aren't as cold when I go to Serendipity or Connlaoth." Asta said, trailing off, looking at one of her gloved hands.

excitement

"maybe it has something to do with the snow..." Shageon says thinking aloud "or with how family centered you are it could be being away from your family..." He leads them out of the forest and starts heading back to the village "i can't wait for some overprotective soul to tell us off..." he says sarcastically

WallyD

Asta grinned, thinking of her dad, chuckling slightly.

"Knowing Father, he'll scold us then appraise our work on the demon. You wouldn't have to worry. He doesn't care much about what you do unless it effects me and you didn't force me to come."

excitement

"just don't tell him I hit you..." He glances at her a bit worried but then figures it should be fine. He glances at the smell of the cooking fire coming from the tribe and says "that smells amazing"

WallyD

Asta nodded, as they entered the camp. Everyone was busy working. A lot of the kids were running between tents, screeching with laughter. Asta walked past the main tent, lunch reached her nose, but ignored her growling stomach.

"The material tent should be around here." Asta said, shifting her load. "You may keep what you collected. You earned it, maybe I'll have someone enscribe on one of the bones about the fight."

excitement

"i'll just leave these with the rest of the materials and collect any that i need when i need them... but i probably won't need to use them" he shrugs and puts his bones in the tent with a bunch of materials that he assumes is the material tent "besides i should pay more than a rabbit to stay here"

WallyD

"Don't worry. You'll​ be paying soon." Asta said setting down her own stack. "We sometimes do designated hunters. Meaning we go after the big stuff. Our turn is coming up. The trip tends to last about a week, but we get the big game. The York Family always brings the best." Asta said, grinning as they continued to walk to the Main Tent. She opened the flap and headed to the main fire pit where there was meat sizzling on the pan, red berry jam was set to the side and home made bread was sliced. Asta pick up and pay for herself and for Shageon, handing him his.

"The trip is next week. So we prep during weekend and set off on the next day. This will be part of you payment.After the trip we can talk more. But until then, I still train you."

excitement

"Sounds good, thank you." He takes the meat licking his lips and copies the dish he sees another tribe member eating nearby "after the trip do you consider me trained?" He tries not to worry about getting in trouble, but he still can't help himself from looking around for her father and other figures of authority while he tastes the plate

WallyD

"Depends, but I'm sure you'll do good." was all Asta said as they reached the York fire. Gran was sitting by herself, Heilda was chatting with some of the other girls. Asta took a seat, placing her food before her. Gran looked and squinted at Asta.

"What the hell happened to your face?" She asked gruffly, before continuing eating.

"It doesn't need stitches and I doubt that there be a large scar." Asta said, taking a bite of the bread

"Good," Gran said with her mouth full, "Zeek won't give me great great grandbabies so your going to have to."

"Right." There was a heavy silence as the conversation drifted off.

excitement

Shageon silently watches the two women talk about babies and eats. When the silence gets heavy, Shageon tries to crack it by saying "well i think Asta would make great, great grand babies however, maybe you could talk about some story of what you did in years past? I always love those stories..." Shageon finishes eating the food

WallyD

"Gran's story?" Asta asked pointing at her, "She is a Demonic Woman. When Gran was younger, she would suduce men and then dump them like a succubus"

The old woman laughed, it was sharp and loud. "Maybe so, but there was a short period in my time where I traveled alover Le'raana."

excitement

"she used to be attractive?" He thinks to himself and then hits himself for thinking that and says "so... you're actually a demon? You've got some magic?" He asks, enthralled in the possibility of finding a new mage

WallyD

Asta laughed out loud, falling over. Gran glared at her granddaughter and looked back at Shageon.

"Everyone one is attractive at some point in their life. And no. I'm not a demon. Asta was just messing around. I have no magic."

excitement

"ppfffft Asta you..." he laughs along a tiny bit than says "now i'm super superstitious... and trust me, some people are definitely not attractive at any point of their life" he laughs trying to make a joke

WallyD

"To be attractive doesn't only have to on the outside, but also within." Gran said, very serious

"By the gods..." Asta said looking over to the older lady, still laying on the ground. "He was joking. And that was clique."

"It might have been clique but it was true." Gran turned to Shageon "Don't you think so, Shageon?"

excitement

"well... attractiveness is on the outside but you also have to good stuff on the inside or you'll diminish the attractiveness... ugh i don't talk to enough attractive people for this to make sense..." he sighs "like uh, take an ugly grandm-grandpa, nothing he can do will make him attractive. Likewise, the prettiest body in the world wouldn't be attractive if the owner didn't have the insides to take care of it and never bathed and always rolled around in mud... does any of that make sense?"

Tags: