Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Terrible Wake Up Call [ Open ]

Started by Seasalt, February 27, 2017, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seasalt

The sensation of being smothered was the first thing he awoke to.

Fury's eyes snapped open, his throat clogging up suddenly with water. Pressure on all sides made him want to scream, to claw at the unseen force pressing him down, but nothing was there. Opening his mouth only made more water pour forth. Clumsily, he reached around, finding a solid rock wall. Focusing all his power to his feet, he pushed off from the ground, rocketing upwards as fast as he could go. Bubbles frothed from his mouth, his head pounding, his legs kicking, getting ever closer to the light above.

His head nearly exploded from the surface, and he immediately inhaled a lungful of air. Light was all around, and he had to squint to see. Waves splashed at his face, blue in all directions. It was a vast, endless sea. Who had stranded him out here? His mind raced to find an answer, coming up blank. He couldn't think for too long though, because he had to stay aloft. His arms thrashed quickly, trying to keep his head away from the deep. But he couldn't remember it being so difficult to breathe before. His lungs hurt. He felt pain, fear. But most of all, he felt infuriated.

"AhhhhHHGh!" He screamed, but that just made his lungs hurt more.

Fury groaned, unable to do anything else as another wave rolled forth. Hadn't he been bigger before? Why did he feel so small? It just made him angrier. Gritting his teeth, he kicked at the waves harder, so that his torso popped out a little further up.

Hopefully someone was out here. Either to fight or get help, he wasn't really caring at the moment.

Medievarad

She tutted her lips. Prey.

Ripples on the surface that wasn't caused by waves. Small enough for other fish of prey to miss. But not Amethyst. A soft, sharp and toothy grin came across her. She had been eating enough fish to last for a lifetime. These hunting grounds were good for that. But not for human flesh. And a varied diet was always nice. She slammed her tail once to take off at quite the speed, headed for her prey.

He was different. Odd. Yet helpless nonetheless. Perhaps, above a snack, she may have a chat as well. With a soft splash, she surfaced next to Fury, unable to help herself chuckling. "How did you humans say it.. You fucked up?" Was the first thing from her lips, still smirking.

Seasalt

One long ear twitched, catching something other than the constant pelting of the tide on all sides. Fury turned his head, baffled to see what had to be some kind of human-thing rise up next to him. "What the heck?" He snarled almost immediately, even before she said a word.

"WhAT? I'M NO-" Glub. A mouthful of saltwater stopped him mid-reply. He coughed, then shakily tried again. "I'm not human. Don't you dare throw me in with your group!" It was apparent he hadn't noticed Amethyst's fishiness. It was odd that he was eye level with her in the first place. Before, he would have towered over every mortal that came his way.

His legs were kicking hard to keep as much of him above the surface as possible. It was not easy to swim with the large metal cuffs on his wrists. With his quickly rising frustration over being short and clumsy at swimming, the water a few inches around him started to distort and bubble, reacting to a temperature shift taking place around the gaping hole in his chest.

Medievarad

Slowly, her scaley tail wrapped around his struggling legs. And an almost hauntingly lulling humming came from her, to sush him and even make him feel drowsy. Though she doubted that effect would last. The violet appendages at the side of her head flattened against her skull. This really was an odd one. But he did have quite some meat to him. She'd imagine two days.

But what she found the strangest was not the water heating up around him. Or the snarling and the growling. It was his remark.

"Human?" She inquired, with a soft, warm and once again, hauntingly gentle smile. "I am by no means human, stranger," she said, her voice having a chanty tone to it. More of that charm magic to relax him.

Seasalt

Something large touched his leg.

"Hey what the hell?"

Fury immediately attempted to withdraw his limbs from it, but whatever it was had already began to coil around. Seaweed? Tentacles? An image of a spider's web briefly rang out in the immortal's mind. It went away fast though, which was odd. Normally those kinds of thoughts tended to ring more alarm bells.

Speaking of red flags, why wasn't he struggling more? It was like a foggy wave of calm was attempting to poke at his thoughts, relax them. A developing cloud of miasma that stretched like a tarp across his mind, sickly sweet. Fury gritted his fanged teeth together hard, concentrating to the best of his ability to think about what had made him so angry in the first place.

"Whatever you are, you've got a good grip. And admittedly, not a bad singing voice." He growled, pretty certain that she was coiling something around him. His anger combined with Amethyst's charms had forced out a compliment.

For a moment, the heat began to subside from the water, quieting down. His legs were no longer kicking quite as hard.

Medievarad

"Whatever I am?" She inquired with a soft chuckle. Fingertips brushed up his sides, sending slow pulses of magic through his veins. It'd have a numbing effect, more or less to serve the same purpose as her voice. Making him weary and drowsy. "Darling.. I am a siren, merfolk.. Mermaid, mayhaps?" She said with a soft chuckle.

"If I wanted.. But you're no regular person. But I can soothe anyone enough for even their heart to stop beating," she said with a soft purr to her voice, leaning forward to hug him softly. "Hold your breath," she adviced. And like that, she slowly pulled him down in the water with her.

Seasalt

Siren? Mermaid? Fury's brow furrowed, the feeling of whatever magic she was seeping into him making it difficult to do much else. He didn't like the sound of it. Then again, he didn't much like the sound of anything. "I'm... I'm not going back down there." He practically hissed, beginning to realize what was coming.

She was already beginning to pull him downwards. The water reached up to his chin. Slowly it ran up over his mouth. Fury shook his head. The tail felt like his chains... It reminded him of only minutes ago, awakening trapped so far down.

It was when the water reached his eyes and he remembered this when he snapped. Green fire lit in his chest, defying the water around it. The temperature a few feet around him would be boiling as anger seethed from his body, attempting to shoo out the charm by physically raising the temperature. Fury thrashed, though his body still felt sluggish, his own temper was attempting to battle the mermaid's spell.

If he could scream underwater, he would. Instead he concentrated all his rage into making it too hot to continue coiling around him. He wanted that physical restraint gone.