Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cat's night out (Open)

Started by Grgr, February 27, 2017, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grgr

It watches the Fae with curiosity. The Fae was looking at the statues left long ago, years actually. They were made by it's old master's dad.

It's master was a young girl, barely older than the age of 10. She loved animals and she had quite the collections of dolls. It was picked up off of the street as a child, cold and frost bitten. It's young master begged to keep it and finally young masters dad relented. They took care of it, even got it 2 different dishes. One for water and one for food. They were almost always full...

One day some shouting ones came, they were waving swords and pulling at the young master. It leap out from under the table and took ones eye, but got stabbed in revenge. It, at that time was still a normal cat. It could not do anything to full grown humans.

The young masters father came home soon after, and managed to calm down the attackers. After talking to the young masters father, he himself turned wild, grabbing things they would need and they started to leave.

Young master tried to get them to bring it with them, calling out it old name, Pip. They refused, said it was going to die soon anyways, and dragged young master away. Pip tried to follow but soon collapsed, making it no further than the door.

It woke up later alone, but it's wounds healed. It gave a roar unlike a normal cat and charged out. Soon spots began to show up over it's body, symbols of 'Wind', 'Fire', Water', 'Earth', 'Light', and 'Dark'. It broke though houses looking for them, leaped over walls, broke through walls, nothing. 5 days later it dragged it's beaten and broken body back to it's young masters house.

Ever since that day it stayed here, never leaving, keeping the house clean, and keeping the scavengers away.

It shakes it's head, breaking out of the flashback. It looks over to the Fae, and turns and walks to a door, it was opened and it lead into the hallway that connected the kitchen and other rooms together. It turns and waits for the Fae to catch up. 

MonochroMayhem

The Fae watched the cat move through the house and skittered across the hall to follow. "Where are you going now, pal?" he asked.

He jumped after the cat and followed him into the kitchen.

"Whoa..." he breathed.

Grgr

The kitchen was also a still picture. There was a fireplace, that was probably more like a furnace. Underneath it sat beautifully stacked logs. There was a pot hanging in the furnace. In it was water and it was boiling. Although there was no fire underneath the pot, there were magic symbols on it, and that was probably why it was boiling. There were beautifully cut stone counters, probably very expensive. On the counter was neatly items for cooking. There was a cutting board, with 2 knives on either side, sharpened to perfection. Next to it was a wooden mixing bowl, that had a spoon in it. On the opposite wall sat a large box, probably an ice chest. All throughout the kitchen where cabinets, all were closed though.

But none of that is what shocked the small Fae. All over the roof of the kitchen was lined with runes, that contained massive amounts of magic, but all the ruins were supposed to do was light up the room when someone walked in. But the amount of magic in the roof was enough to destroy this house and then some, if redirected into a spell. The amount of magic isn't what exactly shocked him. It was the way the ruins where written. If someone tried to tamper with the spell, it would vaporize them, a simple lighting spell!

It was written by it's master's father long ago. It seemed to chuckle as it leaps over to the boiling water. It leans it's head over the pot and sniffs, then dips it's paw in.

MonochroMayhem

Torien smiled and leapt up onto the counter. "You hungry?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grgr

It pulls it's paws out of the hot water and watches it evaporate for a moment. It then turns to the Fae.

It nods it's head towards one of the cabinets, as if it was say go ahead.

If one looked closely at the doors of the cabinets one would see decorations lineing all of them, but if one looked even closer the 'decorations' were actually magical symbols to keep the food fresh.

MonochroMayhem

Torien quickly looked to the cabinet where the symbols stood and winced. "I suppose there would like be symbols in there to catch mice as well," he mumbled. "Give me a second, friend."

He flew out of the kitchen and down the hall. His wing clipped the doorframe of the kitchen and he went tumbling. "Ugh..."

Torien looked around for something to temporarily wear. He only spotted the fur coat. But it did seem long enough to reach past a point so that nothing embarrassing would be seen.

Breathing out, he changed into his glamoured height and threw the fur coat on. His clothes rarely ever changed with him, so he had to make due with what he had.

"Kitty?" he asked, returning to the kitchen. He didn't think that maybe the cat wouldn't remember what he looked like at that height, but hopefully he'd be able to calm the cat down if it came to that. "I'm back, and now I can reach the cupboards and move things easier."

Grgr

It watches as the Fae comes back in, it's no idiot, and he can smell his saliva on the Fae.

It does seem to frown when it sees the coat that has not been moved from it's spot in a long time, but does nothing. It sits down and starts to lick it's tail, waiting for food.

MonochroMayhem

Carefully, Torien begins taking the good out of the cabinet and placing it onto the countertop. "I wonder how long these things have been in here..." he muttered. "It seems like you could store food in here for years without it going bad."

After he placed each of the items on the counter, he turned to the cat. "Sorry for moving the coat. My clothes don't normally come with me when I change. Why don't you decide what to put in the stewpot while I fill it with water."

As he grabbed a pot from a nearby shelf, he looked around. "Does this place have a well anywhere?" he asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grgr

It gets up, after it was done cleaning it's tail of course. It leaps on to the counter, only to hear the Fae's next question. It gives what almost seems like a sigh, and leaps back off the counter. It walks out the door of the kitchen and walks deeper into the house.

It walks past another open door. Inside there was a small bed, with dozens of hand stitched dolls, teddy bears, and other 'soft' toys. The bed sheets and blankets was made out of a extremely light pink thread, but as all other things in this house it was worn out and old looking.

Although old looking, it was completely folded properly and the 'soft' toys were set up around the pillows in a semicircle, right where a person of small size would fit in. The room has panted with pink paint, though it was not peeling off, it was dulled out like the blanket.

The cat walks past the room and continues on. The next room was was another bedroom and obviously the master one. The bed was big enough to hold 2 people, with pretty blue sheets and white pillows. There was a end table by the bed and on it was a cup full of water that looked reasonably fresh, as if it was filled up just this morning. There was also a closed chest at the end of the bed. The rooms also had more things but they were unimportant.

The cat walks to the end of the hallway, and there was one last door. It yawns and licks it's paws waiting for the Fae to catch up. The door lead outside, but it was closed so the cat had to wait for the giant Fae.

Tags: