Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wolf Song

Started by DragonSong, February 22, 2017, 03:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@AevumEternity

Fire had never exactly been her strong suit. Of the basic elements, this one just eluded her, jumping away from her magic and twisting out of her control no matter what she tried.

Tara sighed, sitting back with her palms braced behind her and glaring at the campfire she'd managed to spark to life in front of her. The damn thing kept slipping away from her as she tried to mold it, stubbornly flickering away in it's natural, shifting state.

"Show off," she grumbled at it, not caring how ridiculous she seemed. Who was around to see her, anyway? Another sigh and she flopped onto her back, letting her eyes slide closed.

Gods, she was exhausted. She couldn't remember the last time she'd made camp before sundown, or been up after sunrise. But this wilderness made her edgy, and she didn't want to be out here any longer than she had to be- though it had been ages since she'd traveled so close to the Connlaothian border, and she honestly wasn't sure if it was another two days or another three until she would reach the next town.

So she settled in to grab her three hours of sleep, her body curving around the stubbornly flickering fire while she used her pack as a pillow.

AevumEternity

A good predator knew when to strike. Whether that be minutes or days after spotting its prey. He, however, had only waited mere hours. Circling the site of the campfire like the moon in orbit- opening his maw in a wry smile to inhaling the smoky scent, not to mention that of human flesh. He could hear the young woman's heart pushing blood through her veins- it was all so wonderfully... Primeval that it filled him with dreadful delight. Taking a shuddering breath, adjusting his long cloak over his head with his unnaturally long fingers, he decided now was the time to strike.

He allowed the foliage to rustle as he passed, making a beeline straight for the fire but hesitating just beyond the circle of light,"... Mistress. Allow a lonesome stranger to join you beside the fire." His voice sounded like a growl due to the utter rawness of it- as if sand had replaced saliva. His face was hidden in shadow, though a disturbing yet handsome smile curled thin lips

DragonSong

Tara bolted upright, wide eyed, hands sketching runes and mouth open to sing a spell. Her gaze jumped around until it landed on the intruder as she scrambled to her feet, sinking into a defensive crouch.

When he didn't immediately attack, she lowered her hands slightly, but she was far from relaxed. "Uhuh. Lonesome stranger. Just what the hell are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?"

Her voice was light, even playful, but her eyes were cold and steely.

AevumEternity

The man simply offers her a wolfish smile, settling down before the fire, before answering simply," Hunting." As he spoke, he flexed his oddly elongated hands- it was almost as if the ligaments had been swollen and stretched beneath the skin. It was... Almost pathetic looking, every move had to be agony if thats what his hands alone looked like.

Slowly he turns toward her," And you? Playing with fire I assume."

DragonSong

"I never said you could stay," Tara noted, quirking an eyebrow. One hand started to drift to the dagger sheathed on her thigh. "Hunting what, exactly?"

AevumEternity

" Anything that can run or fight, after all-" he sighs faintly with a raw, low chuckle as he pushed back the hood to reveal a surprisingly handsome face complimented by sparse facial hair and eyes like bloody red orbs,"- it's the thrill of the hunt that truly makes it work it. Slowly he arched an eyebrow, his eyes obvious flickering to her hip as his lips curled back again,"... What do you think you're going to do with that, hmm?"

DragonSong

Tara smiled, the picture of charm. "Stab you in the neck if you make a move," she told him cheerfully. Slowly, she settled herself on the other side of the fire, tilting her head.

"Now, you and your thrilling hunt had best be on your way, unless you can give me a very good reason why I should let you stay."

AevumEternity

" Well." He idly rests his elbows upon his knees, pressing a fist against his cheek as he stared at her with a sly smile," You don't exactly have a choice. Besides, common courtesy demands you treat a stranger with dignity until given a reason otherwise." Tsking quietly, he clicks his tongue at her, shaking his head slowly to and fro.

DragonSong

Her eyebrow crept up again. "No, where do you get the idea that I don't have a choice?"

AevumEternity

" You could always try to force me away, but based on your rather shoddy performance mere minutes ago I'd say you'd get yourself killed-" cocking his head to one side, he arches an eyebrow," I meam, you have mo reason to be afraid of me yet, but I rather enjoy the company. Even if it is a bit rude," he muses idly, leaning back," Come on, girl, do you really have what it takes to kill?"

DragonSong

Tara's smile was more an expression of bared teeth. "You don't know me, stranger. I'd advise you not to test me."

AevumEternity

" Nor you me," he returns simply, flashing her a vicious smile as he stifles a yawn with one hand, closing his eyes as he leaned back in a relaxed posture," So do not push my patience any more then you have."

DragonSong

Her fingers curled around the hilt of her dagger. "You're welcome to the fire. I'll just be on my way then."

AevumEternity

" Ah well, I'm afraid young lady, I can't allow you to do that." He hums idly, opening his eyes to stare at her unblinkingly," I mean- please run, it will make this chase all the more delightful. But I go a little.. Mad when i hear screaming, so do be careful, would you?"

DragonSong

A chill ran down her spine. She curled her lip. "You're not hunting me, lad, whatever you think," she hissed, eyes narrowed.

AevumEternity

" Are you certain of that?" He answers patiently, idly pressing his fingertips to the ground. A horrible snapping sound suddenly breaks the still air, it seems his nails having turned into massive talons that pierced the thin soil- blood leaking from where the new bone met the flesh.

A wry sneer curls his lips," Are you certain?"