Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fickle Knowledge [OPEN]

Started by AevumEternity, March 12, 2017, 07:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Hakon says idly in the saddle as she listens over to him, glancing over again," I think you're more just into politics as a hobby. Blue-blood isn't hard to sniff out, you know-" she hums quietly, offering a small smile," Overwhelmed? No- I have dealt with some of your worst magics, I imagine, over the course of the civil war."

Her eyes flickered over his face, he was acting, he was trying to bring up a mask- she could feel it slowly being drawn over him like a hood, so quickly she chides," If I may- why did you come toward me? Many would probably prefer to feel the comfort of maintaining their power and stay away from an individual who tears it away from them even for mere minutes."

Draconian

A pale eyebrow rose and Cadreinth looked over at the woman. Girl? He wondered for a moment if this person was much older than his daughter. If his own daughter could be so battle hardened if she'd been born anywhere else.  The reply he got about being overwhelmed got her a slightly confused look before he realized she thought he'd meant about all the magic. He said nothing, understanding where the confusion could have come from but instead just gave a little nod and left it.

"What makes you think I'm a mage?"He chuckled, giving her a sideways look, smiling "A large proportion of us can do and practice magic, natural mages. But... We can succeed without it, just because we have mage-Knights here doesn't mean they can't wield swords or bows." He himself didn't have a visible weapon on him. Maybe a dagger in a saddlebag, a sword hanging still sheathed, tucked under a bedroll on the off chance he wouldn't make it to the designated resting spot tonight. "I approached you because of what you are. Very clearly out of place," He teased softly, smiling at her - ignoring her beast because that thing just radiated how much it probably wanted to bite him. Already he had more than enough information out of her about her odd little... Situation. "Why? Do you wish for me to ... Be on my way? I didn't mean to be a burden."

AevumEternity

Shakes her head slowly, smiling faintly," I would rather have good company rather then be alone in a strange land where I can be perceived as a threat on sight," she chides gently, her eyes flicker vaguely as he teases her causing her to laugh quietly.

" If I may, what is your- erh-" she waves her hand as if attempting to pick the correct words from the air,"- your story, sir? If I may?"

Draconian

"A threat?" Cadreinth tilted his head and gave the girl a look, curious, "Why would they see you as a threat?" A simple shrug and he simply smiled, "More of a target than anything. You're one person and bandits travel in packs." He shrugged and watched her, listening to her talk and he found her voice pleasant to listen to, if perhaps a little out of place.

An adhara in Serenipity. What has the world come to.

"My story?" He grinned at her, a disarmingly charming grin, a look away, "Well, I'm a very wealthy trader," Which wasn't entirely a lie, "and I wanted to be without my guard for a few days, so, I am traveling under the illusion of being alone as long as I get to all established check points." He nodded and smiled again, "Are you here all alone?"

AevumEternity

" With your previous mention of bandits I am beginning to wonder if you're truly alone as well," she answers with a hint of humor in her words, flashing a smile in response as low laughter bubbled in her breast. She turned her head, again forcing herself not to stare but merely gaze into his eyes- well she was staring again but she hoped at the very least it wasn't a predatory stare.

" All alone," she confirms quietly, nodding as her hand slid down to lightly pat the Theocog's thickly muscled neck, the flesh ringing with the sound though the monsterous steed seemed unmoved, merely flaring its nostrils long enough to sneeze," But for Purgatorio- my dearest companion... Did you feel suffocated?" She asks suddenly, forcing herself to look down, away from the iridescent man," Did you guards... Make you feel caged?"

Draconian

A simple pale brow lifted when the woman kept looking at him. Was he so odd? He supposed to a Connlaothian he was. The sheer fact he was so... Colourful was probably what caught the girls eye. The look was intense - or rather it could have felt as such - but Cadreinth was used to such looks so he simply smiled at her widely.

Cadreinth looked at her beast and he found that, if it didn't want to probably eat him, he could see why she was with it. While it was just an animal he could see that glimmer of intelligence in his eye and he could appreciate that. Cadreinth's orange-green eyes flicked to Hakon and he blinked at her. "Caged?" What an odd idea. "I've never not had guards, but, they allow me my ..." He paused, tilting his head back and forth and looking at the sky, "Privacy, if you will. I am their boss, they will listen to me. It's just their job to keep me safe." He shrugged, "perhaps sometimes I feel suffocated by the role I was born into but... Unless I step away from it, there's no one else and it's a heavy weight to shoulder."

A glance at Purgatorio and Cadreinth smiled at her, "Did you pack for camping? I imagine the weather here is a little different. I heard it's windy up there."