Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Heirloom (Open)

Started by WallyD, March 18, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Julien groaned has his head pulsed. He knew that the waitress was trying to get him to drink large amounts, probably why she was hired in the first place. Julien was used to drinking a lot, but there definitely something in those drinks because the next thing he knew the tap was over 800 and half of his gold was missing.

Julien walked past a large trunk, watching as a fox ran off. Even if he lost most of his money, he can always get it back. As a mercenary, there are some jobs here and there. Julien is more outspoken than most but he gets the job done. As soon as he woke up that morning, with some extra time to remember what happened the night before, he went into the town, looking for what ever.

He only got one contract. An old man lost a family heirloom, a book of some sort. The old man paid 240 so Julien was more than happy to walk though a thick forest full of snakes, bugs, and spiders to find an old musky book in a slimy, wet cave. More than happy....

Sheshia

Iriel was resting for a few days in the forest. She rather enjoyed watching the animals run around not to mention having some time alone for a while and doing what she wanted. Everything was good for her and she stood on a high hanging branch looking down at the forest floor.

She had gotten up this morning to the scent of someone walking through the forest though it was faint on the breeze. Iriel was rarher hessitant to hunt the person down until she was able to see who the person was.

She jumped off the branch and lands on the ground following the wind and kept low to the forest floor as she can using the foliageas cover. Eventually she stops and sees a man walking past a large tree truck and looking rather uncomfortible. He looked as though he was on a misson to her.

With a smile she grabs a rock and a leaf then jumps up into a tree and writes, My name is Iriel, you are unfamiliar to me and Id like to know what you are doing here so early. But I want to know if you friendly. Id rather avoid a fight. , in some pretty sloppy handwriting.

She ties the note to the rock with some string and tosses it aiming to hit the persons back gently with it before sinking back into the shdows of the trees watching closely.

WallyD

Julien felt like he was minding his own business, doing his own thing, not bothering anyone, and yet someone threw a rock at him. A rock.

Julien turned looking around, trying to rub the part of his back that hurt. He couldn't see anyone. Julien then bent down, making load moaning sounds as he did, and picked up the rock. There was a note on it that he read. A fight? That's not something the old man paid me to do.

"I guess I'm friendly, depends on who you ask. As for fighting, I was paid to get a book. Not fight." Julien yelled, looking around. He didn't mind if he looked foolish, he was used to looking weird to others, "I am Julien Leaforb, nice to meet you, uh..." He read the note again, "Iriel."

Sheshia

Just the sight of Jilen yelling out to who knows where made Iriel giggle, it truly did make him look completely fooolish. Her suspicons being quickly dashes away. He seemed as though he was telling the truth.

Iriel jumps out from the tree and laughs, "Okay Julien. Let me just say that was priceless. And that it is nice to meet you too." She walks up  towards him a bit and stops to stand there ready to jump back if she needed like a deer, "Oh and sorry about that rock, just needed to make sure that I might be able to trust you."

For all she knew Julien was a bandit seeking shealter in the forest for a few days or a hunter. She had her fair experiences with people who did not seem what they said they would be after all. "So what book are you after?" She asks tilting her head a bit.

WallyD

Julien blinked at the human creature? He saw her tail and she definitely had claws. Julien swallowed and wondered if he just invited a demon to eat him. Then again probably not, she said that she didn't want to fight and Julien still had an hangover.

"I don't know actually. There was this old guy, he was upset about something so I went over to see what was wrong. He talked about how he lost an heirloom, an family book. I immediately told him that I would find it for him." Julien said smiling at Iriel.

Sheshia

Iriel blinked in surprise, "Shouldn't he have atleast told you what the books titile was other then just a random book? I mean that's gonna be a very very hard book to find. Particularly in the forest." She starts to pace back ans forth thinking.

"Well Julien your gonna need a good bit of help finding this book. If not you'll be wandering around here until you drop trying to look for it." She examine him, "Particularly if your human. Not saying that you guys are vulnerable but this is a bad place at night sometimes."

WallyD

Julien gasped mockingly, throwing his hand to his chest.

"I happen to be very powerful. Despite what others say." He said, flipping back the long hair he didn't have. "As for the old guy, he said it was in Darkwater Cave. It's a red book with a brown binding and his family crest on top, in gold."

Sheshia

Oh so that's where that book is at. Iriel thinks, "Okay so thisll be interesting all the way through. Since like it or not I'm gonna tag along. Just for the adventure, not for the silly gold. Oh and your nearly to the cave. It's only about a couple of minutes walk over there." Iriel walks towards the direction where Julien was walking in the first place, "It's not in the best of shape right now, a lot of rain has made it flood a tiny bit the last time I was around that area."

WallyD

Julien's spidey sense tingled. He didn't like it when Iriel talked about only the gold, but he didn't argue. He started walking again, towards the cave. Iriel was right when she said it was a shirt walk. Within minutes the cave showed up, tree roots had formed a doorway of sorts. Animal prints decorated the ground, small and big. Juilen walked up the the cave entrance, looking in.

The dirt inside had turned to mud, the ceiling low, and the sound if moving water could be bearly heard. As Julien stepped in, his boots sunk down and his head got wet from the water dripping above.

He knew it was going to be wet. He knew and he went anyways. Julien lifted his boots, sounding like suction cups, and continued forward. He looked through his small backpack and pulled out an lantern with some matches, he held the lantern under his arm while he light a match and it it within the lantern. The cave light up, throwing creepy shadows from the tree roots that were weaved through the walls and ceiling.

"I believe the tree roots are holding this cave together. If there was no support than the cave would have collapsed long time ago." He said, feeling the dirt walls. "The old man said that there are several rooms in here. Apparently there are secret rooms from an old Elven civilization. They were outcasted for using human sacrifice for magic. They're long since dead." Julien turned, looking at Iriel, "I did my research. They have a lovely library back in town."

Sheshia

"Ohh I was wondering what this was." Iriel felt bad for the elves that once occupied that for a quick second which quickly faded since it was ancient history. "I've never been to a library. By any chance did they have a map of this place?"

For all she knew was the few yards she went into the cave before the rain started. And she wanted to hopefully break into the secret rooms, she was curious about what was in there or once in the rooms, maybe she  could find something nice to have during her travels.

She smells the air and looks at the features of the cave and at the animal prints. She was hardly able to smell what animal was recently there but for the extremely faint scent of one she could not identify, it was up to the prints for finding their way out or etching marks into the wall (which she never wanted to do).

WallyD

Julien shook his head.

"That place barely had anything. I've seen way better shi-" he trailed off. The rest of the cave shrank, as in there was only a muddy whole. Julien groaned, slouching, and inhaled deep, rising back up as he did. It's just mud. It'll wash off. Remember, your getting paid. Your more than happy to get dirty, more than happy. Julien looked back at Iriel. "So I got no map, but you ready to find some rooms."

Sheshia

"Heck yes." Iriel looks into the hole. She pokes a finger into the mud and flicks it away, its going to takenher forever to wash all the mud out of her furry tail and hair again, might as well get it started with and done as fast as possible. Iriel sighs, "We are in for a mud bath." She walks into the hole, the mud was definetly going to take a while to was out of her furry tail and hair.

WallyD

Julien followed his fury friend, wrinkling his nose as his hair became thick with mud and it started to get dark. Julien groaned as the mud tunnel seemed to go on forever. The mud got everywhere, Julien felt it gown down his sort and into his pants. He yelped and tried to get as much off if him as possible.

Soon the it started to open up and Julien noticed that the mud started to turn into stone. Soon the mud was gone completely as it turned into a hallway, cobwebs in the corrners. Julie looked over Iriel shoulder. Light could be seen, touch from the flickering.

"So, some of them survived. Reminds me of cockroaches." Julien whispered, flicking some mud off his shoulders.

Sheshia

"Well I'll be damned." Iriel walks the rest of the way out of the muddy hole and stretches and flicks her tail back and form splashing a walk near it with a bit of grumbling. "When we do manage to get outof here both of us are gonna need pretty long baths."
She looks over the walls looking pretty surprised that they managed to last this long even with maybe a few people living there still. It was all so new and interesting to her afterall.

WallyD

Julien put out his lantern, no need for it now with light. He continued forward, keeping to one side. He peeked around the corner, looking both ways. One was side was a picture, hung upon a wall, the other side was an empty hallway, though Julien could see two doors, both of stone. He crept forward, walking up to the first door, he looked back at Iriel, pulling out his sword, smiling.

"Ready to see what behind door one?" He asked, the excitement in his voice was clear.

Sheshia

"Heck yes! Though can't we try to be friendly first?" Iriel raises her hands. "I mean I don't mind fights but I don't want there to be any unnecessary fights. They might even offer food!" She smiles. Her belly was pretty empty and it growled a bit. Making her sigh. She should've ate breakfast earlier.

WallyD

Julien scoffed. Either a, this girl was stupid or b, she was stupid.

"Do you really think that these guys, who did human sacrifice, will greet trespassers with food and kindness." Julien said, putting as much emphasize on human sacrifice and trespassers as much as one can. Without waiting for her response, Julien opened the door and looked around.

Sheshia

"Its not like I know that they did human sacrifices. I only found out about these guys just now." Iriel crosses her arms lashing her tail and followed the mercenary. At least Im technically not human. She looks around and sees nothing. "Well unless you see anything else man. I'm gonna explore a bit in here."

(Wally I forget. Lol is there another thread between us that I still need to post to?)

WallyD

Julien rolls his eyes as the half dragon girl walked away and pushed the door all the way and stepped into the room. She was right, there wasn't really anything in there. No objects anyways. The walls had carvings, like murals, of people with ridiculous long ears. Julien reached up and trailed it across the drawings. It showed both life and death. How the people drank and ate well as dead bodies were underneath them described the sacrificial elves well. Eventually he got to the center of the room and paused.

The elves seemed to be bowing to a gem of some sort. It was radiating light, though all was stone, the area around the gem was paler than the rest of the stone. Julien reached up and felt the gem. It was a button. As any unrational person would do, he pushed it.

The door behind Julien closed and part of the stone floor shot up, blocking it. The room began to shake as the started to slowly shrink back, showing a black pit.

"Well. I should have known that was going to happen. I never learn do I."

(OOC: Uh I think theres another one that hasn't been posted in since Feb, unwanted attention. There is Tulva introduction to the guild if you you still wanted to do that. That one can be found in the Guild thread.)

Sheshia

Now this was getting more interesting just as the seconds tick by. The carvings were weird but she liked their art if you manage to look past the groosom story that is. She was wondering why they ate people in the first place but that was a question for later for her to find out one day.

When Julllien pressed the crystal button Iriel looks at the pit, "Nice move there." She looks for a rock, "Try to find something to throw a rock in before we fall in." From what she could tell the place was so perfect and clean it didnt have a lot of rocks. If it came to in she would jump into the pit hersel. She had worse falls afterall by climbing trees as much as she did already.

(Ok thx :) I need to double check on the Unwanted Attention thread if it comes to it we might have to revamp it since I fear the others poofed in the middle of the thread without warning again XD. And Im on posting to the initiation right now :3)

Tags: