Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With Malice Toward None

Started by Magyar, March 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"Do I what...?" He asked, leaning back from her ear. He sat up, boosting her with him using the same thigh. "Because... I don't know if I do, sometimes... y'know?"

He was rambling. He wasn't even thinking on his own words. Beyond the primal desires of fucking, eating, and sleeping, he was not there. He further proved this statement by giggling neurotically, and going in for another kiss. As he did, since he was sitting up, he curled his back a little bit and in the process pressed his leg harder against Zira.

DragonSong

"Oooohhh shitshitshit." Zira squeezed her eyes shut, biting her lip. "Luce, that- ah..." She swallowed thickly and for a moment tried to disentangle herself from him. "That-

Damnit.

"That felt good." It seemed she was inebriated enough that her filter had all but entirely disappeared. Grumbling about poor choices under her breath, she tilted her head to kiss him again, for the first time fully reciprocating the affections he'd been peppering over her.

Bad idea be damned. She liked kissing him, and who were they hurting, really?

Magyar

"Yeah..." he agreed, although he couldn't have known. He then realised that he didn't know, so he tried to probe against her mind.

The haze was waiting for him, thick and blurry. A mental sludge, and he was trying to walk through it. But with every step, every struggling push against the haze he felt a twinge behind his eyes, until the syrupy feeling barrier broke, and a sharp stabbing pain ripped through his forehead, travelling both a breakneck pace and torturously slowly through his head until it both stabbed and softly bounced against the back of his skull.

He let out a strangled whimper, went limp, and cracked his head against the adobe floor. His eyes rolled back into his head, and he gurgled something before going silent entirely, his eyelids fluttering but never sliding closed.

DragonSong

Well.

That certainly sobered her up.

For a few moments Zira was frozen, staring. Then she gave a soft cry and snapped upright, trying to lift Lucian so she could check him over for injury. "Lucy? Lucian!" She carded her fingers though his hair- he wasn't bleeding, but he'd hit his head hard.

"Fuck." She looked around a little wildly, approaching panic. "What should I-?" Was anyone close enough to hear a call for help? Should she risk leaving him alone to get someone?

Magyar

Lucian was left dazed and slightly detatched from his body. He could still feel everything, but his mind was a separate beast... and without the direct influence of his physical brain, the odd psionic space from which he drew power, he was now primarily in. He'd never known about it before. It was the place that fuelled his abilities, and kept his mind just slightly apart from what was now a slowly dying body.

He could see Zira, on top of him, and panicking. When had she gotten there? Didn't matter.

Mustering his strength, he tried to grab her attention, mentally screaming, ZIRA!

DragonSong

Zira jerked, snapping her head around. Had she just heard...?

"Luce?" She blinked down at him. "Can- can you hear me?" Oh gods, what was she supposed to do?! She grabbed for his wrist to feel his pulse. "C'mon, boss, wake up, please..."

Magyar

Oh thank the gods, you can hear me... Zira, I need you to pick up my body. I think I'm choking on my own spit.

Lucian was in a very odd position. His drunken physicality was blocking him from reconnecting, but it also meant he was more or less sober until then. He could think, he could act, and he could solve this problem. Never mind the problem that was his bodyguard straddling him nearly naked.

Hurry up now, I may be a big boy but I'm a drunk big boy!

DragonSong

"You- you're what?!" Almost instinctively Zira followed his orders, propping his body up against hers with a soft grunt of effort and tilting his head slightly onto her shoulder in an effort to keep his airways clear. "How- what in- what the hells is going on?!"

How could she hear him? Why wasn't he speaking?! "Ohhh this is so weird," she muttered. "Are you dead? Are you dying? Fuck, please don't be dying."

Magyar

I'm... uh... I'm here, kind of. I'm not in my body, really, if that makes sense. Caught in between my body and wherever I am now... but not dead! Yet... honestly I don't know. I can't go back in.

If Lucian had control over his lungs he would be hyperventilating. But he didn't. So he wasn't.

Am I propped up? I can't really see too well... I mean, I could see through your eyes, if you'd let me, but I'd have to go through your mind to do so. Is that an option?

DragonSong

"Uh...s-sure?" She blinked, staring at the unconscious- was that the word for it?- man in her arms. "I have you propped up..."

She grasped his wrist again and breathed a small sigh, shoulders relaxing slightly. "Your pulse is evening out a bit, so that's good. Wait." She blinked again, jaw going slightly slack. "Did you say you can't go back? You're stuck?"

Magyar

Yeah, I'm... kinda stuck. This is pretty fucking weird, and it's never happened before, but I can't go back.

Lucian gave a moan, wet sounding but otherwise not too alarming. An anguished expression played on his features, but he didn't move, and didn't wake.

I mean, I can feel your consciousness, and I could definitely enter it if I wanted. It's always like that. But... for my body, there's nothing. It's like a rock, or a table. I can't feel it.

DragonSong

"Fuuuuuuck." Wide eyed, Zira looked around the room as though that might yield some answers before flicking her eyes back to Lucian's face. "Well...maybe..." She huffed out a breath. "You could...hitch a ride until we get you to a healer or something? Maybe someone else will know what to do..."

If the blow to his head was what was blocking him, maybe fixing the injury would allow him back into his body?

It was the only idea she had.

Magyar

Hitch a ride... alright. I should use someone else, just so you don't have me tagging along for every other thought.

Lucian disconnected himself almost entirely, only keeping a rudimentary link to Zira. He could communicate, but not much else. He was blind, deaf, and formless. He hated every second.

Now hurry up and get someone in here please. I can't stand this feeling... it's really the lack of feeling. Gods, this is awful.

DragonSong

"O-okay. Gods. Fuck. This- fuck." Zira scrambled to her feet and ran for the door, sliding slightly as the world tilted sideways.

Seemed she was still rather tipsy.

"Fuck." Growling under her breath, she knocked the door open and called- yowled might have actually been a more accurate description- down the hall, "Guard! Someone get a healer! And someone else get in here to help me!"

Taking a moment to try to right her balance, she turned and moved back to Lucian's unconscious form, somewhat more gracefully than she had made it to the door. "Okay. Can you...hear me? You still there?" She pulled his head into her lap. Was she supposed to keep his head elevated?

Magyar

I haven't left. In case you've forgotten, I am sort of confined to the options of ethereal hovering or catatonia, even in panicked thought, Lucian had time for biting sarcasm.

Wendell, a thin boy perhaps just out of puberty, with a shaggy mop of dark hair and deep green eyes came barreling through the doorway. He'd come first because someone had shouted for help, and second because the person who was shouting had been a nearly nude Zira. The Boss's cat, as she was known among the lower ranks, was often drooled over by the Sandlily runner boys.

"Whatsit you need Miss Ha'ten?" Wendell used the oddly formal address because if he called her any of the slightly racist and more often than not promiscuous nicknames she'd earned among the boys, he'd most likely get slapped.

DragonSong

Brow furrowed in a deep frown, Zira snipped back, "Well there's no need to be an ass, I was just-" She cut herself off when the boy came running into the room, looking up at him sharply.

"Right." Shit, what was his name? She knew his face, his scent, but she'd  always been bad with names. William? Warren? "Lad, I need you to-" Wendell! That was it. A little too pleased with herself, Zira slung Lucian's arm around her shoulder as she continued, "-to help me get the Boss here back up to his quarters, yeah? Subtle-like."

She may have been stronger than she looked, but Lucian was not a small man. She didn't want to risk attempting to move him on her own and injuring him further.

She was so caught up in her worry and confusion that she actually forgot she was all but naked, quirking an eyebrow at the boy. "Did someone call for the healer?"

Magyar

"Uh, yeah, Jackie's booking it to go get that old woman who lives around the bend. Y'know the one who drinks too much and can't speak common?" Wendell spoke clearly enough, but anyone who was paying attention to him would see he was sneaking peeks at everything below Zira's collarbone every time she looked away.

Zira, don't be alarmed by this. The kid will be fine.

Lucian's words were punctuated by Wendell buckling, catching his balance, and standing up warily again. His posture was different though, his expression cautious and expectant. When he spoke, his tone was changed as well, adopting an eerily similar cadence, "Well. That worked wonderfully... Although I don't particularly enjoy being confined to a pubescent, gangly, drugged up child's body." He sighed, and said, "It'll have to do."

When he made eye contact with Zira, his irises were revealed to be no longer green. They were a piercing gray-blue.

DragonSong

Zira nearly dropped Lucian's body.

"What the ever-loving, actual fuck!?" she whisper-shrieked, eyes wide. "Don't be alarmed, he says! You- you can possess people? Since when?!"

Tonight was just full of surprises it seemed.

With a sharp breath, the shifter shook her head quickly as she readjusted her grip on the physical Lucian- gods, this was so weird- and stood up carefully. "Okay, know what, we can talk about it later. Right now we need to get you- the real you- back...together." She frowned. "If- you could- I mean the kid could- just grab the feet, alright?"

She had Lucian half cradled against herself, his body's lolling head pillowed surprisingly easily against her breast and one arm around her shoulders. "If you lift his...your legs, we can...get you back to your bed. And then the healer can have a proper look."

Her eyes flickered over the boy-who-was-Lucian. "How long can you keep that up? You sure he'll be okay?"

Magyar

"I can keep it up as long as I can stay awake usually," Wendell-Lucian explained, hefting his other legs up by the calves and angling his other body, "But that's a normal scenario. And this isn't possession, not really. I'm distracting his mind with the thing he wants most, to keep his subconscious busy while I dick around in his nervous system. And the eyes are just me looking through his eyes, like I proposed with you. Happens with everyone."

Wendell-Lucian shuffled awkwardly around towards the door, making sure he lined up properly so he could carry the comatose Lucian through properly, "As for the long term effects, I don't know. I'm not messing with his head so much as suggesting what to do with his body. He is still very much in control... Hence the illusion. He's daydreaming, basically. But unlike a normal daydream, this one doesn't snap very easily. I am still connected to my own body. I can feel everything twice right now. Once for Wendell here, and once for Myself. It's kinda trippy, and I'm trying to focus on the one, but it's kind of hard."

DragonSong

"That sounds...like a lot. I'm sorry." Zira shuffled along after him, making sure to keep Lucian's head as stable as she could. "So...he won't remember this? When you jump back into your body he'll just...wake up?" She frowned. "What are you distracting him with, anyway? Will he remember that?"

Getting through the door was tricky, but she had a feeling the stairs would be harder. She eyed the flight at the end of the hall, gave a small whimper, then shook herself mentally and continued tiptoeing along carefully. "C'mon, better let me lead up the stairs."

Tags: