Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With Malice Toward None

Started by Magyar, March 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"Eh, this is pretty standard fare. It's stuff like this why the boss kept me," Wendell-Lucian was making a reference to the previous leader of the Sandlilies, who had brought him into the fold nearly a decade ago. "Chances are, he'll remember the dream more, and vaguely remember doing some physical labour. As for what it is he's distracted with... I just used what was on the forefront of his mind at the time. So he's currently getting hot and steamy with you."

Wendell-Lucian gave Zira a wolfish grin, one that looked very much like Lucian, but with the features of Wendell. Unnerving, to say the least. "Funny thing is, I didn't orchestrate that. I just put whatever preconception he had going on and him into a box, ignited the part of his brain that stimulates deep dreaming, and took over. He's very much keeping himself busy."

Wendell wasn't very tall, by Lucian's standards, but he wasn't short either. He was about sixteen, having hit his growth spurt and dropped his voice, but he wasn't quite so large around the shoulders as a man fully grown would be. He was perhaps three, maybe four inches taller than Zira, and that made the carrying uneven. It wasn't helped that Lucian was accustomed to longer limbs. Still, they made it to the stairs easily enough.

DragonSong

"Wha-?" Zira's jaw dropped, then she shook herself and glowered at the boy. Man. Whatever. "Wonderful. Just...wonderful," she grumbled to herself.

Once they'd reached the top of the stairs, she guided them around to shuffle toward Lucian's quarters. There was a man standing guard, but luckily she was accustomed to thinking on her feet.

"Hey there." Looking properly sheepish, she nodded her head toward Lucian's body. "Boss figured we deserved a break. We got a little...carried away. Y'know how it is." She gave him her best charming smile, hoping he wouldn't question the severe lack of pants that was currently happening. "Oh, someone's gone to get the healer, just to be safe. Could you send her up here when they arrive?" she added as she bumped the door open with a hip and started shuffling through.

Magyar

"Yeah, sure..." the guard replied, a man by the name of Caill. He wasn't a very expressive sort, but even he was stifling a grin. It wasn't every day that a drug runner, the boss's half naked body guard, and the totally hammered Lucian Blasskohl came waltzing upstairs.

Wendell-Lucian kept quiet until they'd gone into his room, and swung the door shut. When he was sure it was closed, he turned back to Zira, genuinely grinning. He normally wasn't so expressive himself, but his lack of mental situational awareness, basically his ability to feel everyone's intentions, he was having fun with surprising Zira. It was, for perhaps the first time in his life, something unexpected. Her reactions, that is.

"What? It's not like he'll think it was real," Wendell-Lucian said, dropping his other feet onto the bed, "It'll just be a really good daydream. Besides, it's not like these boys don't look at you anyway. You'd have to be blind to not see the way they fawn over you."

DragonSong

Zira hefted her friend onto the bed and half collapsed beside him as she misjudged the sheer dead weight of him and was dragged down with an "Oof." Scrambling to right herself, she glowered at Wendell-Lucian.

"That's not the point. It's..." She trailed off, eyes going a little bit wide. "The boys- you're saying they...they what?"

Okay, she wasn't oblivious. She knew she got looks. But she'd always assumed that was just...her spots. Or her closeness with Lucian. Idle curiosity, or maybe the same desire to "own" her power that her first master had possessed, not...whatever the hell Lucian was implying.

She groaned and dropped her head into her hands. "Gods, I do not have time to deal with this. Just- damnit, I need some clothes." Her face felt rather hot as she jumped to her feet and started hunting through the room for something she could cover herself with.

"So if the kid's daydreaming," she muttered, trying to distract herself, "you're...totally in control? Like, what if he snaps out of it?"

Magyar

"Imagine," Wendell-Lucian began, "You have your eyes closed. Normally, when they're closed normally, they don't open. You can also close them by yourself. But if something gets in front of your face, they'll open automatically, yeah?"

He sat on the bed next to himself, examining his own face as if it were a stranger's, "Now what I'm doing is forcing those eyes shut. He can try to wake up, but he won't. He might feel like he can, but the illusion will keep him there. Worst case scenario, he starts believing that is reality. Then we pull him out, and he had a really vivid dream."

DragonSong

"Oh...kay." Zira straightened up from her search, biting absently at her lower lip. "So... Still no idea of how to fix this then?" She gestured to the unconscious body on the bed airily as she approached.

Cautiously, she settled herself on Lucian's other side and reached out to take his hand in hers automatically, a gesture of comfort that she genuinely wasn't sure if it was meant for him or herself.

Well. Not that it would do him a whole lot of good, in his current state.

Magyar

"I've never been in this situation before," Wendell-Lucian said, going to finish Zira's search. As much as Wendell and drunken Lucian preferred Zira without clothes, Sober Lucian did not. It wasn't that he didn't find her attractive, he just valued her dignity more than a glance at exposed skin.

He found the first thing he saw that he knew would cover most of her; A long linen shirt laid across his dresser would do the job just fine. The shirt was large and baggy on him, so it would most definitely fit on her. "So I don't know how to fix it..."

He tossed the shirt her way, before sitting on the ground and closing his eyes. He was checking in on Wendell's projection. The rational centre in his brain was not very active, and so the situation wasn't very realistic. But it was very indulgent.

"Wow," he remarked, "He's... going for it." Wendell-Lucian opened his eyes with an incredulous look, "Do you really meow that much when you get all hot and bothered?"

DragonSong

Zira caught the shirt with one hand and a murmured, "Thanks," as she slipped it on over her head. It was certainly large on her, but the linen was comfortable, and it covered her. And it smelled like Lucian, which put her oddly at ease for a few moments.

She tried not to dwell on that.

Her cheeks heated at Wendell-Lucian's comment and she quirked and eyebrow. "Going for-?"

The faint blush dialed up from a mild heat in her cheeks to feeling as though her face might actually melt. "W-w-w-what?!" she screeched, gaping at him. Her pupils had dilated in surprise, eating up almost the entirety of her irises. "Do I- what- do I even want context for that?"

She groaned and dropped her head into her hands. "I have no idea what exactly he's thinking right now, and I really don't want to. But I can probably guarantee it's incorrect." There was a moment of silence, then the part of her that was still a little tipsy muttered, "Why so curious? Planning for something I should know about?"

Magyar

It was Lucian's turn to flush, but he bore it differently. Primarily in that he became more reserved, if not seemingly at a loss for words. Secondarily, though perhaps the more interesting, it was that Wendell did not blush. Lucian's unconscious body was the one that bore his embarrassment.

"Between the both of us," he said in an almost formal tone, "You're the more promiscuous. It's not my fault that any boy who's earned his stones takes a liking to you. And I'm sorry for being curious about the wet teenage dream going on in the back of my head."

His eyes narrowed, but it was because he'd remembered something he wanted to ask, "So, remind me again, how did you and I end up the way we did? My last memory is two cups into the first bottle of wine. Then I wake up, and you're straddling my unconscious body. Why?"

DragonSong

She almost didn't notice the flush the cane to his cheeks. Almost.

That probably shouldn't have made her as vindictively pleased as it did.

She sighed at his question, dropping her face in her hands for a moment. Should have known that was coming. "We were drunk," she answered bluntly. "I was hot, our clothes were messy, we stripped- you wanted more wine but I didn't think it was a good idea, so I...sorta laid on you to keep you still."

Zira looked away, heat rising in her face again. "Then you told me my eyes were pretty and you kissed me. And...I kissed you back."

Magyar

Wendell-Lucian was more or less speechless, though not particularly surprised at the truth. He'd run the possibilities over in his head, and it was one he'd considered being the most likely, even if a small part of him had hoped against hope it hadn't been.

"Huh..." he muttered, breaking eye contact and staring uncomfortably at the floor, "Well... Alright, I guess. So be it."

He laid his head back against the cold adobe walls, eyes closed and monitoring Wendell's escapades. If he ignored Zira and the tension provided by their current situation, maybe it would go away.

DragonSong

So be it.

So be it?"

"Really?" Zira's voice was quiet, brow furrowed as she frowned down at her lap. "That's...it?" She huffed out a small breath and tugged at one of her small braids. "Look, if you wanna drop it we can, I just... You know what, never mind. So be it."

She stood. "I'll go see what's taking so long with getting the healer."

Magyar

Wendell-Lucian stared cautiously down his nose at Zira, unwilling to start another conversation just as soon as he'd gotten out of dealing with the implications of the last one. That was a shitshow waiting to happen, at least in his mind.

She's so passive aggressive, He thought to himself, seeing himself in the right.

I don't think so... I think she's hot, said an alien voice from within Lucian's mind. For a second Lucian was panicked, but then he realised Wendell was simply writing off Lucian's apparently wandering thoughts as his own. Lucian quickly shut down Wendell's auto-sensory input, which he thought was controlled already, and pushed him deeper into his concocted dream.

Little pervert, he thought to himself with a sneer.

DragonSong

Muttering curses to herself, Zira stomped her way out into the hall and resisted the urge to slam the door behind her like a child.

Once she had a divider between herself and Lucian though, she crumpled a bit. She sagged back against the wall, shoulders hunching forward and face dropping into her hands. Fuck me sideways.

This shouldn't be a big deal. They'd gotten drunk and stupid, that was all. Lucy obviously wasn't phased by it, so why should she care? It was just a kiss- well, maybe a bit more than a kiss, but she could go ahead and blame that on situational lack of clothing. "Just a kiss" shouldn't feel like- like his dismissal was a physical ache in her chest. Like that "so be it" was ice closing around her heart, an empty pit in her stomach.

Wait.

Fuck.

"Oh hell." She stifled a whimper and dragged her hands down her face.

How long had she been in love with him? More to the point, how had it just creeped up on her like that?! Had she just been willing herself into ignorance, and for how long? Months? Years? This was just...so inconvenient.

"Stupid," she berated herself as she pushed away from the wall. "Stupid, stupid, stupid girl."

Shaking her head, she tried to shove the spiraling thoughts from her mind and strode toward the stairs, leaning over the banister. "Oi! What's taking so long with the healer, huh?"

Magyar

Lucian left Wendell to his perverted machinations, deciding to rather spend his newly found time focusing on a much more prominent issue, at least as he saw it. His mind, in and of itself, was a tad... torn. He felt odd, in a way he had never felt before.

So he began probing the spot where he felt the wrongness, the part that should have been his physical connection to his body. It was almost tender, like a swollen cut, or a broken limb. Softly, gently, he worked his proverbial fingers into the area, a great discomfort quickly taking hold of him. Still, he pushed forward, spurred by his own pain into action. He dug, felt what seemed to be a connection, a wire or a ligament. Mental tendons, if you will, dangling in the nothingness where he knew his own flesh and blood should have been. He grasped at these strings and frowned.

Then his jaw dropped. Twice. His frown had transferred to his catatonic body. So had his expression of surprise. His eyes were open. On the bed, his eyes, his face, they were animated. He dropped the mental strings and his face went slack, his shoulders limp, and he was catatonic again.

"What in the ever-loving-fuck...?" he swore, confused, afraid, and slightly distraught. But also curious. He quickly picked up the strings again and tried to move his arms. The discomfort in his mind sharpened and came to a rough head. He was forced to drop the strings, and again, he became limp again. Wendell still held up fine, and as far as he could tell, was uninterrupted, much less unharmed.

"Zira!...ZIRAAA!"

DragonSong

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Calm down, calm down. He wasn't paying attention to your rambling brain, he's got bigger issues, just calm down. "WHAT?!" She came streaking back into the room, looking around wildly as she skidded to a stop at the foot of the bed, almost as though she was searching for some invisible attacker.

Which, given recent experience, didn't actually seem that far fetched.

"Lucy, what's wrong? Are you hurt? What's happening?" She looked rapidly back and forth from the unconscious body to the semi-possessed teenager.

Magyar

"Look," he said as he pointed with Wendell's arm to his own body. He again seized the strings and opened his own eyes, lifted his own head, and spoke. Two voices in one tone and with the same words said, "I think... I can use myself as a puppet... maybe."

He pushed further with the strings, ignoring the pain and scrunching his eyes closed on both the bodies. His expression was nearly identical, separated only by the differing features, and he forcibly sat up, both with Wendell and Lucian.

Then he loosened his hold, only keeping balance and facial expression.

"It hurts, a bit, but I mean..." He was at a bit of a loss for words, both faces turned to his feline companion, "What the fuck, I'm so weirded out right now!"

DragonSong

Zira met his gaze with wide eyes. She had completely blanched, and her stomach roiled a bit at the bizarre sight.

And this is the man I fancy. Really? I hate to think what that says about my tastes.

"Wierded out might be putting it mildly," she managed to stammer eventually. Very slowly, she moved toward the body on the bed and reached out to touch his arm. "Are you- should you really be messing around with this stuff? What if you do something and get stuck permenantly?" An edge of panic crept into her voice.

Magyar

Lucian shook both of his heads subtlely, as if to his own thoughts instead of to her words, and said, "I don't know, honestly... This is a new experience for me..."

He looked at her as if to say he had no answers, shrugging, but he let himself go limp again. Whether it was to please her, or because he was genuinely afraid of getting "stuck" somehow, it didn't matter. Lucian slumped against Zira for probably the tenth time today alone, and he resumed full control of Wendell.

"Where's the healer, d'you know?" he asked a bit apprehensively, trying to keep his own worry off of his features.

DragonSong

Zira's arms went around him easily for support and she backed them up to the edge of the bed so they could sit. "On her way. Apparently she had to put her kit together, she sent the runner back to tell us and I told him to go back and grab her if that's what it took to get her here." A low growl thrummed just under her words, the worry and tension needing some sort of release.

Without thinking about it she reached out to gently grasp Lucian's shoulder, touching the limp body beside them. She gave a reassuring little squeeze- though which of them she was trying to reassure she didn't quite know.

"It's gonna be okay," she murmured into Wendell's hair, her other hand rubbing gentle circles between his shoulders. "I promise I'll figure out a way to fix this, however long it takes, okay?"