Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two For You, and One For Me. (Blink, or if invited)

Started by Wrathwyrm, March 22, 2017, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

On some level, he knew what was happening here, knew that they were becoming close at an alarming rate and that they'd gotten to know each other too well not to worry about what could happen to one another.  They had opened up to each other.  They'd done it in a clever way like the two of them were just telling a story, but there it was, all laid out before them.  They'd done so because they wanted to do so, because their meeting mattered and they wanted it to matter.  That much was clear.

There was another problem, though: Their parting.  Sano wasn't leaving tomorrow and maybe not the next day, but he would be going.  He would be leaving to explore more of Serendipity to find the people he needed to conquer this savage, because it needed to be done.  But...as one who had opened up the woman before her...he knew that leaving would bring her down again, at least in part.  That was why he said he would be back.  To bring joy to someone's life and leave forever was unfair.  He had to promise there would be more to that later.  The only problem was that Nashya had a very pointed concern.

She was worried that he would not succeed.

She didn't say it as though he would fail in battle, that there was something wrong with his plan to hire a load of people who were capable and strong to help him, but that he would never find the vampire that he so desired to kill.  The thing of it was, though, this was something that Sano had an answer for.  It's just that...to explain...he would have to tell her what it was that had precipitated this.  He had to explain what it was that Keefe did.

"I already know how to lure it out.  I know what did it in the first place."[/i]

He steeled himself, knowing that while the two of them had an understanding, this might change how Nashya viewed him.  He wasn't just some sword guy.  He was the protege' of an assassin...

"Keefe drew his attention because she was killing Mordecai.  She has strong beliefs about the freedom of magic, so she regularly traveled to Connlaoth in order to find and kill them and others she didn't approve of.  The vampire attacked her because many of his powers would be unaffected by the Mordecai, so having them around made people helpless before him."

He'd been looking away, himself, but now he faced her.

"That's the trap I have planned.  Target Mordecai, and when he shows himself to try and punish me, everyone strucks without mercy...because he doesn't have any himself.  He likes having a country under his heels, so anybody threatening that will bring him into the open.  This is a plan, carefully considered.  I have all my training to thank for that.  It relies only on his greed and my preparation, and I can be sure of both."

Blink

The conversation took a more serious direction quickly. Of course Nashya didn't oppose killing Mordecai, soldiers who would kill her should they have the chance. It was a question of survival of the fittest in this case, something she could never judge someone for.

Nashya then moved on instinct towards Sano, stopping just a few feet away from him, her eyes expressing even something she did not understand. Was it worry? Was it empathy? Perhaps she would never know...

"So you would travel back to the country you hate and risk your life... all for the sake of 'maybe' drawing out a vampire?" Her words almost sounded angry, but in truth that was the opposite of what she was trying to portray. Nashya understood, or at least was trying to. She didn't have anyone she would risk all of that for, in fact the only way she would ever end up in a situation like that would be if Cyn ordered it.

Then in that moment Nashya made a decision, one she probably would receive grief for later. "Fine..." she crossed her arms over her chest, funny how confident she suddenly was. "But you have to promise me one thing. When you find him... or think you are close you will write me. You will tell me exactly where you are." Nashya had ulterior motives for this.

An ability she hardly used, but useful when she needed it was that she could transport unheard of distances as long as a shadow was within reach. In fact, she had almost forgotten about it. Even if Sano was far away she could still find him if she really needed to... but that was only if she knew where he was.

Wrathwyrm

Sano honestly didn't consider it a maybe, but he nodded, just the same.  That was exactly it.  He did not care about the country, or even the people in it, not even his family.  He wanted to go in for one reason and one reason alone: The vampire.  Maybe she understood or maybe she didn't, but when someone pulls you out of hell, you're grateful, and you don't just let somebody else hurt that person.  Not by a long shot.  Even as they were growing comfortable around each other, this was something he could not simply leave by the wayside.

Now, though, he felt himself smile a little as Nashya delivered his ultimatum.

"Before we even make any plans to attack a Mordecai.  I promise."

Now, he umm...cleared his throat.

"That said...would you do me a big favor and...never tell anyone that my friend and mentor is world-class assassin, and that I am her only student?"

Oh, right.  That.  Yeah, that's...kind of important.  People don't generally approve of umm...assassins.  That's sort of an under-the-table kind of business, really.

Blink

Relief flooded her as Sano agreed to her proposal. The entire conversation then lightened up, less stressful and heated than before. Nashya even tilted her head a bit at his request, thinking it silly he even had to ask.

Holding her hand out for him to shake Nashya asked a favor of her very own. "As long as you don't tell anyone that I am a shadowmancer for Golden Gear. They don't exactly call me Nashya over there. But in the future if you ever hear someone talking about Golden Gears 'Shadowfeeder'... yeah that is me."

If Sano did shake her hand she would try not to think much of it, this was afterall just a mutual understanding the two had come to.

"So maybe we should head back to the inn? Part ways for the evening and maybe meet up around noon tomorrow?" Nashya would have to take care of a few things in the morning first. If she took more than one days absence Demagogue would probably come searching for her, the last thing she wanted right now.

But still leaving Sano seemed so unpleasant by now. She had literally been with him all day, and already she was growing accustomed to having him at her side. Even if she did go back to the inn most of her night would be spent tossing and turning as she thought of the sick curveball fate had just thrown at her.

However when he did leave... she would have to deal with that anyways.

Wrathwyrm

Sano blinked at this new information.  Golden Gear?

"Never heard of them.  Seriously, never."

He's been in this country for how long?  Not very.  This, to him, was just sort of new stuff he was learning, and didn't mind keeping quiet about.  After all, he protected the identity of the Ebon Knife and the alchemist who became a dragon.  Why not 'Shadowfeeder', as well?  So yeah, he was fine with this.  Nashya mentioned that they should probably get back to the inn.  ...they both knew they didn't want to part ways, but eventually they were gonna have to have this thing called 'sleep'.

"I should probably post a bulletin to draw people in for hire.  So yeah, meeting at noon sounds fine."

Hey, you're not alone in the 'This is going to play merry havoc with your thoughts and dreams' thing there, Nashya.  Sano was pretty sure he knew where this might be headed, but he had doubts in there too, and most importantly...he didn't want to screw up what he had here.

Blink

"For now... let's keep it that way" Nashya was referring to Golden Gear by this, the group she worked for. In fact she was an original member, one of the first to step up all for one cause. In fact, maybe there was a good side to Sano leaving after only a few days. She wasn't quite ready to explain their antics just yet.

After that things fell awkward once more, both of them still having yet to part ways but knowing they both had to. "Night.." and with that Nashya gave Sano a whole hearted smile before taking off out the door back towards the inn. She knew they were both staying there, but still it would be less awkward if she could just walk in and go straight to her room. She had a new sense of determination as she walked towards the inn, not letting her eyes meet anyone else's as she quickly made her way between the two buildings.

In no time at all Nashya was holding the door to the inn with one hand while she looked over her shoulder one last time before pulling it open. The bar area had already fallen pretty silent for the evening and Nashya was happy about that, less noise to filter through later. Quickly, she ran up the steps that led towards her room and dug in her bag for the key to open the door.

Once inside Nashya probably spent hours replaying the day in her mind as she laid in the bed. She was picking through it, hoping that she would be able to remember the times Sano referred to stealing glances. Just the thought of it made her smile.

"You are an idiot. He is nothing but a distraction"

"You are nothing but a distraction."

"You are not seriously considering going to Connlaoth when he finds that vampire are you?"

"Why? I figured you out of anyone would be excited to do something more than just painting faces and eavesdropping."

"You will be distracted. If he got hurt I could see you completely losing focus."

"He won't let himself get hurt..." And with that Nashya refused to even acknowledge anything else her inner voice had to say.

Nashya awoke the next morning just before the sun was rising in the sky. She knew if she wanted to see Sano at noon she had a lot of work to do. Getting up she slipped on something a bit different than the day before.. but not entirely out of character for her. Just another maiden's dress, this one black with a dark brown belt. The hem of the dress fell right at her knees and the sleeves hung loose on her arms, exposing her shoulders to the sun. None of this would be complete though without her worn brown boots and grey cloak.

Grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder Nashya was out the door, flying down the hallway and stairs as if her heels were on fire. In no time at all she was down the street headed to meet her partner and get whatever task they had been given done for the day.

Wrathwyrm

It probably was for the best that he not know the fullness of details.  He only explained that Keefe was an assassin to reassure her that he had a definite plan and that he would come back.  He still kept her title - The Ebon Knife - and her location - La'Marri - out of it for her protection.  Their understanding and level of information was about equal, and it was better that way, though while Sano only had to protect the one, Nashya had the many.  Before she left, she treated him to a wonderful smile, something that would definitely stick with him for a while.

He got back to the inn after her, sort of delaying because he was trying to think of how to compose his bulletin for later.  Once he reached his room, he pulled out the key and let himself in.  Once there, he stepped over to the bed and basically fell into it, on purpose.  He too began to digest the day, thinking of this incredible woman that he'd met, that he couldn't help but admire.  She was good, alright.  And like she said of all Serenians[/i], she was strong.  Not simply in magic, but in willpower.  And towards the end of the day...well...

God dammit, Sano.  All the gods!  What are the chances that you find someone like her, someone who can understand the whole of your life and not even flinch or shrink away?  You could live a life with a woman like that, and you're going to walk away!

Since Sano didn't have an extra personality to argue with, he was just sort of beating himself up in a Keefe-like manner.

Sano, you care too damn much...

Eventually, he got exhausted, thinking at himself like that, and he didn't want to say it out-loud, so he eventually fell asleep...leading into the next day.  When he did, Nashya would have already left, unbeknownst to him.  This would not be a problem as he technically had less to do.  Getting changed into an attire that was only somewhat different to what he wore yesterday, he asked the innkeeper for a good scribe and found out that a town with government buildings had several.  He only had to pick one.  Eventually, after some discussion and haggling with one, there would be some posted bulletins out there.

HELP WANTED

Strong and capable fighters and magic-users desired.
All disciplines may apply, though response may vary.
Multiple positions to be filled for eventual mission.

Further details to be found at The Sparrow's Inn.

Ask for Sano.

Blink

Most of the morning passed by as any other, except today seemed to be going by particularly slow. Nashya and Dem had done there usual work as well as silence someone who would be problem to their cause. While Demagogue lacked flesh and muscle without the illusion she created Nashya looked a little more worse for wear than he did. The particular man they had targeted was someone who was stirring unwanted attention in their direction, so Nashya being ever vigilant quickly silenced him. He had managed however to get one hit in on her, the bruise on her jaw already fully developed by noon.

The way Nashya saw it though if that was the worst thing to happen to her today then she could live with it. After all, she was practically running back to the inn to meet Sano on time. Her sprint was interupted though as a bulletin had caught her eye posted just outside the door of the inn. She stopped to read it and smiled when her eyes scanned across his name.

"You are going to make me sick"

Rolling her eyes Nashya pulled open the door to the inn, her cloak already draped over her bag and hair partially covering the bruise on her face. She had one mission now... one thing she needed to find... and that was Sano.

Standing on her tip toes she tried to see past the other patrons of the inn, hustling past her as if she were invisible... typical response.

Wrathwyrm

The day had been uhh...so-so in the case of Sano.  First of all, he had received basically no attention for a while...which was understandable, because the flyers had only been out there for a couple of hours.  And then, after a while, he had his first applicant...who was almost immediately a disappointment.  Understand, this guy was strong - physically - but he was just a brass and foolish kid.  Also, he'd brought a sword.  That was a problem.

"Look, ummm...  I respect a good sword, but the problem is that I am a good sword.  Not that I couldn't use another sword, but that sword has to be able to stand against me.  When I say strong, I mean that there will be fighting like hell to put down a guy with no quarter."

"And you don't believe I'm capable of that?"

"I think you're a tough guy and you'll make the Serenian Guard, easy.  I think I need more than that.  Here, come outside, I'll show you."

"Don't you need to get your sword first?"

"No, I've got a spoon.  It'll be fine."

They headed out in back of the inn and before the other guy could say anything about the ridiculousness of fighting with a spoon, it became a sword!  Sano grinned.

"I know some things."

So, they fought.  And without even using his magic, he managed to slip in between swings or beat his defense or knock the sword from his hands.  Obviously, it took effort because they were fighting practically in earnest, but he did it.

"You see, that's why.  You're strong and you even have some skill, but...look, you weren't even ducking properly.  You've been in fights before, right?  Aren't you worried about even getting cut?"

"I use magic to increase my durability.  I need not fear in battle."

"That's...no.  That's wrong.  You need fear.  Fear keeps you alive.  I'm sure you'll find work soon, but I can't have that in this mission.  I need commitment and waryness way more than that kind of courage."

So, he had to dismiss him and get back to doing nothing, which was not so long before noon, so he got a drink prior to that, and that is where Nashya would find him.  It would take getting around people, but she would see him at a table, spoon in hand.

Blink

One of the patrons walking past looked at Nashya with sorry eyes. For a moment she thought maybe something was wrong with her, wanting instantly to know what made her look so pitiful to the man. Then she quickly realized what it was as she brought a hand up to her cheek.

"Yes idiot... you let us get hit today. I told you he was a distraction."

That silly man probably thought Nashya to be a beaten maiden, in duress and looking for solace at an inn away from her home. The thought alone made her giggle which in turn caused the man to now look at her like she was crazy.

After a few moments Nashya was able to set her sights on Sano who was sitting at a table holding a spoon? With an amused grin she walked right up to him and pulled out a chair to sit. "I would make a joke about you stabbing someone with that thing but then again... you actually could."

Nashya was doing her very best to keep her composure. In truth the moment she had Sano in her sites her stomach had been doing backflips. Part of what she was feeling was so strange to her, something entirely different than what she was used to. For once in her life Nashya actually looked forward to the next day, only because she knew she would be seeing Sano.

From the moment they parted ways the night before he had been on her mind constantly. Not even her inner voice had a chance to really chime in, only because Nashya's thoughts were clouded by someone else.

Quick to continue the conversation and eradicate any chance for a long awkward silence between them Nashya began talking even more. "I hope your day was eventful. Did you find anyone?"

Wrathwyrm

He only had the spoon because stories would circulate about it, most likely.  He didn't want the guy to be harmed by the reputation of having been beaten by a spoon, but he needed rumors to filter in about his skill so that those wanting to meet his skill were those that could.  So, he had this spoon, then.  It was one of the inn's, and he said he'd give it back, but by the time he was done here, she may want it mounted or something.

Still, he had to wonder if maybe he was pushing it a little by basically owning the guy and criticizing him for his lack of fear, though he had the power to endure damages and wounds to his body.  It was a solid enough skill, but...this vampire could do terrible things.  He needed people who were smarter than this, to respect that their quarry was super-dangerous and to be treated like he was made of poison, to be dispatched and gotten rid of as swiftly as possible.

Hah, no way am I overdoing this.  I just saved that guy's life.

It was about this time that Nashya appeared, a little different today, but otherwise still the drawer of his attention that she was.  There was...  Sano blinked.  Was that red mark from a bruise?  Idly, he wondered if she'd been in a fight.  Immediately after, he wondered just what happened to the other guy, completely unaware that this thought was entirely on the mark!  Her comment made him smile, of course, given the context OF the spoon...

"Well, now that you mention it...I was using it today."

He didn't mean that in the usual methods, just smiled and let that dangle there for a second.  True, he hadn't killed anybody, but it was still kind of funny, when you thought about it.  As she began to ask about his day, she was able to explain what happened, anyway.

"There was a guy, yeah, and he was certainly a tough swordsman, but...I couldn't take him.  And by that, I don't mean I couldn't take him, because I beat 'im in a fight with this spoon as a sword, but I couldn't take him on the mission.  He's not right."

Sano put down the spoon and turned more to face her now.

"Tell me if this makes sense to you: A man with magical endurance who doesn't fear getting wounded in battle will fall easily to a creature who loves to make wounds and drink your blood.  In a battle charge, said monster could gut him and make him his lunch very easily, right?  Which is why a healthy dose of fear and waryness is important."

Blink

Nashya dove right into conversation with Sano, listening to his concerns of the man that replied to his poster. Turns out she was right on assuming he could use that spoon to hurt someone. She was fully engulfed in listening to him explain what had transpired when in reality the moment he put down the spoon and turned himself towards her she felt like her heart was going to beat right out of her chest.

"Give me a break! You are seriously giving him those goo goo eyes all because he is talking about a spoon!"

Her eyes shifted as her inner voice chimed in, but just as most times Nashya refrained from responding in front of Sano.

Sano then asked for her input on the matter, one she was wholeheartedly ready to give. "It makes no sense." Nashya hoped Sano was prepared to hear her speak logically about plan and precision along with wariness. "If someone foolishly charged into battle thinking of nothing other than cutting down whatever was in their path then they are destined to fail. The best way to deal with something like a vampire is a well thought out plan with many outcomes discussed before even stepping onto the battlefield."

Scooting up a bit more in her chair Nashya began to grow more attached to the conversation at hand. "Not to mention you will be in Connlaoth of all places! How does someone who relies only on their abilities plan to take on a Mordecai?" Except with that statement Nashya's face fell into a grim state. She had not even thought of that...

Even Nashya knew she could not take one on, her fighting capabilities relying on her magic all together. She of course had ways to defend herself against them, but never cut one down. How was Sano supposed to do it if he couldn't create weapons at will?

Wrathwyrm

He nodded as she spoke, glad to see that she got the point of the matter, right off.  The transformation of her expression, though, revealed that she had come to yet another understanding...

"You're thinking now 'How the heck is anybody else suppose to take on a Mordecai?' right now, aren't you?"

And she was right.  That was a problem, in of itself.  The people who needed to be able to deal with the vampire needed to be able to deal with the plan.  A Mordecai blocked magic over an area automatically, without concentration or incantation.  They were heavily armored and usually heavily armed, and sometimes they had soldier escort.  All of this was true, and problematic.  And all of this...Sano had considered during his travels to find people.

"This is why I've been so picky.  I do need people with magic, without a doubt.  I also need people who don't need to worry about the lack of magic.  People that travel on skill alone or have magic items that don't get affected.  I'm okay, at least, because of my training.  If Keefe can do it, so can I.  She took them on alone, and I'm going with help."

He smiled at her when he said the last part, because he knew her feelings on the matter.  She worried about his plan not working, but if it was one thing he had spent time on, it was thinking about it, how it would work and where it could fall short, and how to take care of the shortcomings, wherever they may be.  Nashya had not, by the by, told him yet that she would be transporting herself to meet him when the time came...

Blink

Part of her had forgotten that not only could Sano create weapons, but obviously use them with some skill... except darts.

She was happy to at least hear he had a plan, but then again plans were nothing until put into motion. Sano could plan out a million outcomes and still have the possibility of being bested. If it were anyone else she might have turned a blind eye, may have even egged them on to go through with it, but Sano wasn't just anyone.

"I hate this." Her voice plain as she sat back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest. "I hate that I finally meet a person that I..." she cut herself off, realizing she was getting too comfortable talking with Sano.

"... a person that I actually enjoy being around..."

"You're an idiot" Once again Nashya ignored the voice in her mind, only flicking her gaze to the side when it spoke as she always did.

Picking up where she left off Nashya finished her statement. "... and you are just going to be leaving." And once again she had pulled them into the circle of why fate was so cruel.

"Yes Nashya... everyone leaves you. I don't blame him." Her eyes flicked to the side again.

Wrathwyrm

That somber feeling of separation, after having met someone you like.  Sano hadn't even wanted to leave...well...the only place in the world he could ever call home.  But...if he hadn't, he may never have met Nashya, here in Shadowmere.  Comings and goings were a necessity, in life.  However, so too were compromises.  To Sano, it was absolutely essential that he organize a fighting force to kill the vampire.  However, ever since he'd sent off the flyers, a funny thought struck him.  In answer to Nashya's problems, he said this...

"Well, I've been thinking about that."

He picked up the spoon now, sort of nervously tapping the business end of it against the table, eyes on it instead of her for the moment.

"You see, I started this journey traveling from place to place because I'd find people who probably never leave their country, normally, people of great skill that I might coax into a mission, say.  So, I've been all around, and finally into Seren territory.  But the thing of it is, around here, trudging all over the country is the stupid way to get things done."

He picked it up now and began twirling it in his fingers as he looked at her again.

"I mean, look at this place.  You have messengers, couriers, bird messengers...  You send things out, long-distance and alot faster than foot or horse.  There's no point to that in Essyrn or Adela, but here...it's everything!  So, I'm thinking I should send a bunch of letters, like to that Goldswith guy and a bunch of towns, and save myself the trip."

This wasn't technically hard.  If he just spent some time literally making money, or even just earning it normally, he could send out letters asking for people with big talent to find him.  He stopped twirling the spoon now.  Honestly, he was gonna get attached to the damn thing.

"What do you think?"

Blink

At the very mention of him thinking about leaving Nashya fell silent, listening intently as Sano spoke. Even as he seemed intent on staring at the spoon Nashya's eyes never left him.

"Awe look! He fiddles with stupid things just like you... I hate him." Nashya's expression changed for a second as she looked almost offended.

And now she was listening again, hung up on every word as he stated traveling around was the wrong way to get things done. Where was he going with this? And then he was looking at her again.

Nodding with each statement he made Nashya was still trying to see the bigger picture. Yes, Serendipity had a great messaging system. There were so many options from birds all the way to magical means. Snapping back into focus she realized what he was saying by the end of his statement and was left speechless for a moment.

"Oh gods no. No no no no no no this is not good!" Her eyes didn't even flick this time.

Her eyes were deadset on him for a second, her emotions unreadable as she stared at him in complete disbelief. Did she really just hear him right? Did he actually just suggest staying a bit longer?

"I....I...." slowly a genuine smile crept up on her lips as what was just established registered in her mind. Keeping herself in the chair alone was a task, let alone resisting the urge to lunge forwards and hug him with every ounce of strength she carried. Thankfully though, she kept her cool.

"I would like that very much." Her cheeks were red once more as she cleared her throat, trying to make her response seem as casual as possible.

Wrathwyrm

Probably more than a bit, considering that it would otherwise take him days and days to cross Serendipity and all, contrasted with the fact that it would take days to deal with all of the business of the messenger system, replies and corrospondance, getting people to come his way to measure up to a standard and making sure that they would deliver and not die.  But still, that was the general idea, yes, and Nashya seemed to encourage it.

Curious.  Had she been lost in thought, mulling it over, or had there been something more?  He loved her smile, though those of us writing will point out that - just on a point of order - the two of them would probably go careening into the ground with a breaking chair from the force of a lunge.  So, on the whole, it was probably best that that didn't happen right now.  On the whole, inner demon protests aside, this seemed to be working out.

"I'm glad you think so.  I'd've probably thought of it sooner, but we don't have that where I live, so I didn't even have any exposure to it until I came into Serendipity."

It was also a definite thing in Connlaoth, but people barely existing on the streets don't really have much reason to take note of things like that.  Sano was a bit uneducated on things like this.

"That said, here we are and it's after noon.  If you're free now, I say let's eat."

Blink

Nashya was still reeling over the fact that Sano was staying longer than she had already begun to prepare herself for. She almost didn't catch the question of if she was free to eat.

"You idiot he asked you a question..." And que the eye flick.

"Oh um.. yes I am free! I finished everything early today just so I could meet you here." She then pointed at her cheek as if to reference things may have turned out differently had she not. "I got a bit hasty." Normally when Golden Gear had to deal with a problem like they had to today Nashya was tasked with following them for a few days, getting their routine down, learning when the perfect opportunity was. Today however she was reckless, jumping right in to get the job done.

"Anything in particular you want to try? Or we could eat here if you like." Nashya could already feel the creepy in keeper staring at her back from across the room. Seriously, it was like the woman had super hearing or something.

Nervously Nashya carried on speaking a little too loudly for a private conversation. "I mean the food here is quite fantastic!" She then slowly looked over her shoulder at the older woman who pretended to be dusting a shelf, only caught for a second staring.

Wrathwyrm

Sano noted the part about her cheek with a nod, understanding that there was violence in her work.  He still knew nothing about the Golden Gear, as reclusiveness was in their very nature.

"Just as long as you got him first."

From there, the suggestion of lunch seemed to carry well.  However, there appeared to be something going on about the innkeeper, who had this omnipresent uhh...presence, it seemed.  You know, the possibility of her having super-hearing was distinctly possible, given the country they were in.  Many people could have greater-than-normal senses.  Hell, Sano had one, and he wasn't even from here!  Still, Sano couldn' help but ask...

"I don't mind where we eat, but umm...do you and the innkeeper have some kind of grudge going on?  She lose a bet?  What happened here?"

He was trying to keep his voice low, but for all we know, it isn't helping.

Blink

She could act dumb and pretend she had no idea why the innkeeper always stared at her like a bad omen, but not to Sano.

"Shadowmancer..." she whispered, now conspiring herself the the woman had super hearing. "I am what makes things go bump in the night in her eyes." Nashya leaned in closer to Sano, only for the purpose of keeping her own voice low enough.

"There was an incident a few weeks back..." She didn't have to turn around again to know the woman was staring at her. She could see it without looking, all thanks to the darkness lingering in every corner. If Nashya wanted to she essentially had a complete 360 view of the room, able to see and hear anything she wanted within the confines of this building... or any other for that matter.

Then it hit her how closely she was leaning in towards Sano and she quickly sat up straight, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear as if nothing was wrong. "Actually how about we pick up some food from a stand and have a picnic on the outskirts of town? I could use the fresh air."

Not even waiting for an answer Nashya scooted the chair back, sneaking in a 'I will finish explaining later' look at Sano before reaching to grab his hand and practically drag him out of the inn.