Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You're Such a Boar

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2017, 06:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Who else would attack a man of the church?" he scoffed. Scowling, he looked away, feeling quite bitter to have to be thinking about it again. "A bunch of men hunted me down like dogs. Savages that they are. They're the reason this whole country continues to suffer so."

He scowled and just let her tend to his wound, biting angrily into his squirrel, only to flinch and recoil when she finally did touch his wound.

"Careful," he hissed. "The wounds are still.. tender.."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Blink

Pursing her lips she continued to rub the balm onto the wounds she could see. "Oh? A man of the church?" She flicked her eyes up at him before dipping he hand back into the jar. "You really should be more careful then. All sorts of rebels out and about itching for a chance to take a member of the church down."

She really was quite proud of herself for not letting her anger towards his statement seep through. By no means was she a rebel, at least she didn't think she was, but her opinion on what was ruining their country differed. However, the crying about the wounds still being tender caused her to press just a little too heavily on one of his cuts. "... so sorry." she mumbled as she acted like it was an accident.

"So are you a deacon or something?" Even Paisley could piece together that he was no deacon, but still she asked in hopes of him falling into her verbal trap.

visualspice

He winced at the wound prodding, but just let it be. Though she was no tender doctor, that was for sure.

"A deacon? No, I assure you, nothing of the sort. I'm a Templar. A knight of the order of St. Agratha."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Blink

Leaning over Paisley pulled the roll of wrapping fabric from the pile of items laying out while her bag dried. The entire conversation she kept giving short responses as she tended to Kentamin's wounds. However, when he mentioned what he really was she wrapped a bit of the fabric around the festering wound on his arm and pulled at the knot a bit too harshly.

"A Templar you say?" Moving on to other wounds she continued to act oblivious to the fact that she was aiding someone who perhaps wasn't as much of an ally as she initially thought. Paisley herself was still new to the Red Legion, her uniform not yet completed that would make her distinguishable from say... a hunter in the woods.

"No wonder you were attacked. Not only a member of the church but a Templar at that." Playing through it all like an oblivious common girl Paisley scooted herself away from him. "You must be harboring some pretty important information."

In an attempt to butter him up Paisley then reached for the last stick of Squirrel meat and handed it to Kentamin. "Here..." If Roland could see her now he probably would have struck her in the back of the head for giving away perfectly good food, especially to a Templar.

visualspice

Kentamin winced when she bound the wound too tight.
"I've only got updates to report. My garrison was attacked. The order needs to know what happened, how many men were lost. " he sighed and took the squirrel. "thank you. "

Blink

Seems this Templar didn't really have anything useful to share. Reports and news of being attacked by rebels being nothing that would interest the Red Legion.

"Your Welcome" she smiled before standing up and making her way back to where she was sitting before. She would be lying if she said she wasn't a little disappointed at his answers. However, she also felt almost bad for Kentamin that she had used him for information unbeknownst to him. So now she found herself wondering what was next.

Somehow come morning she knew she had to make her way back to the Red Legion camp before scouts were sent out. Even worse she now had to think of a way to explain that she needed new boots and that she had nothing to offer in return. There was no boar and even if she took a few more squirrels on her way back they wouldn't be enough.

"How long have you been out here anyways?" Realizing there was nothing more to gain from him Paisley shifted to pure curiosity with her questions. Looking him up and down again she could tell that despite his 'bath' he was still fairly rugged. "A few days? A few weeks?"

visualspice

"A few months," came his bitter reply. Weeks were dedicated to travel. Oh no, months were for those who were in this for the long haul. Angrily, he bit at his squirrel, the tough meat seeming tougher, and all this reminding him of what he had to go through made his stomach cinch closed.

He sighed and offered her the remains of the squirrel.
"You eat the rest. I fear I can't stomach anymore."

Blink

Taking the meat Paisley began to pick at it as she mulled over what the 'months' he was out here meant. "Tomorrow I can point you in the right direction. I fear I also have..." she stopped herself realizing she couldn't just say she had reports to make as well.

"... I have to get home." Yep, we were going to go that route again. "My father will send people out to look for me if I don't turn up eventually." Roland, who biologically was not her father, could easily fit the mold of one. He took her in, he taught her life lessons, and despite whatever she threw his way he always seemed to help her through it.

The people she referred to that he would send were scouts. The last thing that Kentamin needed right now would be to find himself at the hands of a search party. He was a Templar, essentially someone who opposed some of their beliefs and what they fought for.

Picking off the last bit of meat Paisley then threw the stick into the fire, finding herself staring at it as it was consumed by the flame. This war, just as the fire consumed all things, took the life of her parents.

"Kentamin?" she asked, her gaze still locked on the flames before her. "How do you feel about the war? Have you lost anyone? Has it taken anything from you?"

visualspice

He was already in a soured mood, eyes brooding as he took in the fire's flames. It wasn't until her questions were directed in his direction did he move, but his expression only seemed to curl his lip even more as he kicked some dirt away from where he sat.

"The war is a never ending savage. So many men bleed for it, and wrongfully so."
He grew quiet and the fire crackled on.

"I'm just tired. Forgive me. Soldiers whom have died in battle have died with honor." Or at least most of them he'd like to believe so. "I just grow tired of all the battles. It seems never ending."

He hadn't realized he evaded her question, but all this talk of war got him agitated.

"We should speak of nicer things." So he went on to change the subject. "Are you married? Any children?" That's what women liked to speak of most, was it not? Who was married to whom and who had how many babies?

Blink

Nodding in agreement as he spoke Paisley knew all too well what he was talking about. She could see why he wanted to change the subject, even she didn't realize how grim she had become with her question.

However, the topic in which he brought up almost caused her to fall back off the log she was sitting on. Immediately she burst out laughing, barely able to control the fit now overtaking her body.

"No...." she paused to compose herself, even wiping a tear that had begun to form in the corner of her eye. "I think if I were to get married my husband would wind up suffocating me within the first year." Sitting up straighter Paisley tried to seriously consider it for a second.

"It would take a special kind of man to ever make me think of such a thing. And you? Is there a woman out there awaiting your return? A child that carries your name?"

visualspice

Kentamin eyed her critically. Did she think she was too good for a husband? What else was a woman to do? IN fact, what was she really doing all the way out here? Perhaps her parent were dead or...
No, he was too tired to recollect if she had spoken about them. He rubbed a hand over his tired eyes. Yes, perhaps he could agree. It'd be hard for her to wed, wouldn't it? ESpecially if she kept herself so far from any potential men. then again, most men were in the army now, weren't they?

He moved uneasily when the question was returned to him.

"I'm married to the church," he went on bitterly, not meaning to have it come out so- but there it was.

Blink

Here Paisley was trying to have a serious but lighthearted conversation with him and he again responded like he was better than her.

"I'm married to the church" she mocked silently while she mouthed the words.

"Well I guess that could be.. umm.." she really was trying to not to be mean but he honestly knew how to push her buttons. Thankfully for him, she had been working on her temper lately.

"... interesting." She finally finished, clearly more excitement in her tone than there should have been.

visualspice

He cast a glare her way, nostrils flaring with rage.
"It is my duty!" he spat out, looking clean mad enough to spit. "Something I had a calling for, a sacrifice for my country and it's ideals!" Who was this woman to mock him!?
"You know there is more to life than playing out in the woods all day, trying to capture boars and make them your pet." And it almost looked as if he might stick his tongue out at her like a child. But he did not, and looked sour as he cut a glance away.

"Marriage is not a topic I wish I discuss," he went on, clearing his throat and hoping she'd get the drift. He'd rather not talk about it. That.. aspect of life was a bit of a touchy subject- one of the few things he wish he hadn't have had to give up in order to serve. BUt as it were, that's what it broiled down to and he didn't want some pesky girl he'd only met just this morning to mock him for it. It was his choice, damn it!

Still, he'd feel lousy for it and refused to look at her, smacking at a mosquito that began to buzz around his head. Ugh.

Blink

His reaction practically caused her to fall backward off the log at first, but she managed to stay put. As he screamed at her every ounce of anger she had been pushing back was now clawing at her throat. She wasn't just going to sit here and let him talk to her like this. Who the hell did he think he was!?

The least she could do was let him finish... until he received the same treatment as anyone who ever spoke to her like that.

"What in Ansgar's name do you mean you don't want to talk about marriage!? You're the fucking asshole that brought it up!" Paisley was practically tripping on the words as they began pouring out of her mouth. "I asked about war and you said 'oh Paisley lets talk about nicer things." Her tone was mocking as she went on.

"What the hell is your problem anyways! I was out here doing my job just like you!"

"Shit" Paisley had let something slip that she shouldn't have. She needed to recover from this and quickly and the best way to do that was continuing his deliverance of ass chewing.

"I have done nothing but try and help you even after you ruined my traps!" Paisley then stood up, grabbing her belongings and shoving them into the still wet bag. "Screw you Kentamin! Unlike you, I prefer to spend my days with much better company."

Paisley then kicked some dirt at him as she turned on her heel and began strapping everything in its rightful place. "And for your information, I think a boar as a pet would have been a much nicer turn of events today than ever meeting you!"

And with that she was stomping away, stopping every few steps as she kept thinking of things she could turn around and say but wouldn't.

visualspice

Kentamin's face was red with appall. He had every right to be upset at her for mocking his position! How did she expect him to respond!? Her own lacked civility, much like her person,  wasn't the only reason Kentamin got up out of anger as he shouted at the back of her head, "How dare you get upset at me when you were the one to talk down and degrade me, first!" Oh how he was fuming and this woman, much like the untamed woods in which the pair was kept.

And to think she was just going to scoop up her things and walk away!? No! He rushed her form and grabbed her angrily by the arm and forced her to look around at him.
"Do you not even know what you have said?! Huh!? To be so disrespectful without knowledge of our church! It'snot only mocking me, but our God as well when you come at me with such ignorance! And then you get upset when you've made me this way and I can only retaliate the same!?"

Oh! If only he was a man that could strike a person!

Blink

What he yelled as she walked away did not concern her. As far as she was concerned Paisley would never have to see him again, his face as she yelled at him the last time she would see that smug face of his.

This was not the case though as she felt him grab and spin her around. "And you think you have not mocked me as well? Telling me I was doing nothing but playing in the woods when in truth you have no idea!?"

Paisley did her best to stand on her toes to match him in height. She was damned if he was going to belittle her like this. "I will show you retaliation!"

And then Paisley pulled her arm back as she balled her hand into a fist. Just as she had been taught she used her weight to her advantage as she thrust her hand forwards, hoping it would hit Kentamin square in the face.

visualspice

And hit him it did.

For he hadn't expected it. And it made him see stars. An dhe found himself stumbling back as he cupped his face and looked at her, mouth open in appall.
"You hit me!"

Blink

Even Paisley was a bit shocked that her punch had struck true. Both of them stood there shocked until Kentamin stated what she had just done.

"And I will do it again if it teaches you some manners!"

Already Paisley had her hand balled into a fist again, threatening the wrath of her fist if he tried to touch her again. Of course, by this point, she was quite full of herself. Like Paisley could actually take on a Templar... ha.

visualspice

He flinched back- but perhaps not at her threat, but when his hand reached up to touch the blood dribbling down his nose. And he was quickly gasping and cupping a hand under it.
"My nose! It's bleeding!"

Blink

He was right, his nose really was bleeding. However instead of concern, Paisley was patting herself on the back. "That's right! You don't mess with the Bean and live to tell the tale!" she thought to herself as she stood proudly in front of him. So maybe he wasn't dead but that was beside the point. Hopefully, now he wouldn't be so damn cocky towards her.

Reaching down Paisley tore a piece of fabric from the bottom of her shirt before flinging it in his direction. "Here... hurry and stop it before you attract more than boars and skunks."