Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Setting up Shop (P)

Started by Salzem, April 20, 2017, 05:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

"If you're smart, there won't be a next time." The demon responded coolly, tapping his fingers on his thigh as he waited for the girl to go back up to her room as she was told, but instead, her expression completely blanked out as if her mind had been wiped, before his partner had returned to him, nonethewiser as to what had happened only a moment ago. First, she looked around the guest room where she was, then Demagogue, who waved at her nicely, then the tea and biscuits, the demon careful to save two just for her. When Nash commented that they two of them (the other being her alter ego), had a lot to talk about, the demon merely shrugged and allowed her to shakily proceed back to her seat, analyzing that fearful expression on her face.

"It was that bad, huh?" The demon asked, sounding almost concerned for his partner. After a moment of silence, Nash commented that one would think it gets easier, having someone take over your mind whenever they want... quietly, Demagogue tucked that piece of information away in his back pocket to sort out later against what her former self said... Apparent she CAN come and go as she pleased... just like she did before...

"I don't know what to say." The demon admitted. "More tea?" He picked up the kettle, offering it to the girl. If she extended her cup to him, he'd fill it up. If not, he'd simply set it down. "Demons mostly do the possessing... I can't think of a single time my mind wasn't my own..." The lights in the demon's sockets went out once more.

"But listen... Are you okay..... partner? Is there anything I can do for you?" Demagogue smiled hopefully, actually somewhat expecting her to say no, to refuse him outright not because he COULDN'T do something, but because she didn't WANT him to do something...

Blink

The way Dem was acting was almost offputting. Why was he being so nice to her? She figured that he would be loving the idea that she was so mentally unstable. Instead though all he did was offer her more tea, which she happily held her cup to the kettle he was offering. "Thanks.."

Taking another sip she listened to Demagogue's admission, that he himself had issues within the confines of his own mind. This pulled at her heart strings just a tad as she knew how horrible a fate that truly was.

Then Dem was asking if she was okay, or if there was anything he could do for her. Typical reaction to someone that saw the horror that was her mind. Everyone was always trying to fix her.. always trying to make the problem go away.

Her eyes then fell serious as she stared at Demagogue. "You can act like it never happened... just like I do.." and with that she took another sip of the delicious tea before setting it down. Next she grabbed one of the biscuits, breaking it apart before slipping a bit into her mouth..

"Your tea is quite lovely."

Salzem

Demagogue nodded as the girl recommended just forgetting everything that happened here involving her possession. He could understand that... Ignorance is bliss after all, especially the ignorance of others.

"Very well." He confirmed, no doubt surprising Nash further by not asking anything in return. Just... what kind of demon was he...? When Nash commented how good his tea was, the demon smiled lightly, obviously enjoying this small concession.

"Thank you. It's not easy to get those tea-leaves, you know... Had to call in more than one favor from this small-time king just to acquire them!" The demon's gaze softened a bit as Nash seemed to look at him suspiciously. He didn't really blame her for looking at him that way and, in fact, he would've been suspicious of her if she didn't! Up 'till now, their relationship was only working based on their common goals and..... less so on who they were as people. If she suddenly began smiling back or cracking jokes with him well... her lack of consistency would.... hamper their over-all relationship to say the least. You could trust someone who tries to stab you with a fork, but not someone who tries to kiss you right after.

"I hope we can have tea like this another time." He offered, smiling hopefully. "How do you feel about tomorrow, about the same time?"

Blink

Listening attentively as Demagogue spoke of the tea leaves Nashya made a mental note to never pass up tea time with him. This truly was a lovely tea, one she never had experienced before. So when Dem offered up to do the same thing tomorrow she just couldn't refuse.

"I would like that a lot actually."

Nashya then shot Dem an endearing smile before going back in for another bite of the biscuit. Perhaps she had been wrong all along and he wasn't as awful as she first thought. "He is the worst..." her inner voice chimed in, causing Nashya to almost choke on the piece of biscuit now in her mouth.

"What do you mean?" she asked, not even caring that Demagogue was present for yet another conversation with herself, one that he could only hear one side of.

"He is up to something Nashya... trust me."

"Coming from the person with a personal vendetta of her own?"

"Just listen to me for once you stupid girl... don't let your guard down"

Reaching down for her tea and taking another sip Nashya eyed Dem while subtly nodding to herself as she swallowed the delicious liquid. She hated this, but then again her darker self was less trusting than she was and perhaps one day that could come in handy.

In an attempt to change the subject and get attention off of the conversation she was careful to cut short in front of the demon Nashya cleared her throat.

"So what did you write to Cyn? Do you think she will pay us a visit?"

Salzem

The Demon smiled brightly as the girl returned his feelings about their tea-time, tipping his hat in thanks.

"Very well! It's a date... er... platonically, of course." Demagogue took a sip from his tea, smiling wider than he had all day before suddenly, Nashya jolted forward, almost as if she were choking on her biscuit. Demagogue's eye-sockets narrowed as he watched the girl's eyes seem to fade out a bit, almost as if listening to something the demon couldn't here... this alternate personality... Whatever this voice called herself, she was lucky he had as much respect for Nash as he did, otherwise he would've killed them both for the smashing of their moment... He'd stolen souls for less. But patience was a virtue... and Demagogue was ever so patient... One might even call him the saint of such... He watched and listened silently as the girl began talking to a presence that wasn't there, piecing together their conversation as best they could for himself... It seemed that whatever they were talking about had something to do with this alternate personality's vendetta and, if the demon had to guess, was about him... Judging from the way she eye-balled him afterwords, like he'd snap at her hand for grabbing another biscuit, the demon could only assume this voice was attempting to spoil their relationship... Internally, the demon only smirked... Already, she trusted him more than that voice, he was certain. As if she had any real sway (besides overpowerment) over her anymore...

Deciding to change the subject, Nash asked what he wrote to Cyn and would she pay them a visit. The demon smiled slyly.

"Oh, basically we acquired this place through strictly legal means and that we have a new base of operations... As for Cyn showing up... I won't say... She's so random and... strange, she'd probably do the exact opposite of what I think."

Blink

"If I know Cyn... which I really don't that well... I would have to agree with you Dem."

Carefully she plopped another bit of the biscuit in her mouth, careful not to almost choke like she did before. After swallowing the bit she leaned back in the couch, pulling her legs up and crossing them in front of her. She was sitting just like a child would, no care for manners or 'appearance' sake.

"I bet she is going to have something more for us to do than just acquiring a home base." Nashya then leaned her head back to rest on the back of the couch, lifting an arm to place over her eyes as she fell into deep thought. What could Cyn propose to make Demagogue more presentable to the public? What facade were they going to have to carry out next?

This and many more things raced through her mind as she tried to relax a bit on the couch. Nashya was never one to act like a lady, and just because Dem was here she would not make an exception. "Tell me more about yourself Demagogue. We could trade stories if you like. I mean we are supposed to be partners, I think we need to know each other a bit more in order for that alliance to stand unwavered."

Even if she was laying back with her eyes covered Nashya meant every word she had said. She really did want to know more about Demagogue, if not just to pass the time. Also it was nice to just relax for a minute. Nashya was only cranky all the time due to lack of sleep, often taking random naps at the most inopportune times just so her body could catch up. It was always hard for her to sleep at night, almost impossible when she was younger. It would be for most people if the shadows haunted them in the ways they did her.

Salzem

"What, you don't think she wouldn't give us what we want right then and be done with it?" The demon joked, letting out a soft laugh. "But you're right... She'll probably want us to maintain a front or something... Who knows what goes on in that diseased mind of hers..." Demagogue didn't mind Nash laying back and relaxing in her chair... That's what they were for, after all, relaxing. One could flop across the entire thing and still look natural... Besides... Demagogue had never found such a comfortable cushion... This was the kind of stuff people sold their souls for....

When Nash proposed the idea of sharing stories, the skeleton's first impulse was to come up with some elaborate lie, tell some small piece of his life blown out of proportion so he could pass it off as his answer... But then he realized how important this alliance was to him, to them both, how they needed each other to get what they want... Especially the demon... He was finding that there was more at stake now than what he had shown Cyn... Call him a mediocre run-of-the-mill desire demon, but he was starting to see something he wanted in this weird, split-minded girl... He supposed a brief history of himself would be a good trade for learning more about his prize.

"Lets see... Well, I was 'born' the very moment humanity was and I suppose you could say I am the worst of it's world. In my younger years I was violent, murderous, deceitful, cold, etcetera, etcetera, you get the point. Over time, my quest for souls, as bloody as it was, earned me the title of god or deity among several peoples, but a few smart people realized me for what I was." He let out a sigh and leaned back himself, nostalgia washing over his skeletal form. "God of Deceit was my favorite title... In any case, the pain of hunger tempered my mind and I grew more patient, analytical, insidious if you will and started making plans... Long term plans... Unfortunately, humans grew as suspicious as they were stupid and refused to sell their souls as often as they used too..." He muttered something silently, something Nash couldn't hear... The tone of frustration in his voice, however, was obvious.

"Which lead me here! I wanted something to snack on and I found you people. Allow me to say I do not regret it..." He smiled endearingly, giving back that which Nash had offered him a second ago. "Now, I can give up on my plans if this all works... A planet of stupid humans giving their souls to me... That's what Cyn showed me... I won't be hungry again!" Demagogue let out a heavy sigh, looking over at Nash, empathetic. "It's not unlike your problem, this impulse nagging in the back of my mind, telling me to consume... consume... lose myself to the hunger and feast... And some times... with a very powerful soul... it IS tempting..."

"But what about you...? What brings you here, spending time with this old demon?"

Blink

Even with her eyes closed Nashya listened to Demagogue as he very quickly went through his past. He didn't really give up anyting useful, but did offer a bit of insight as to why the likes of him were with Golden Gear.

"I suppose it's my turn now?" Nashya did not move as she continued to be leaned back on the couch with an arm over her eyes.

"I am actually from here.. as far as this is where I was raised. I don't know where I was born as my parents adopted me as an infant." The girl took in a deep breath before shifting a bit on the couch, removing her arm from over her eyes and now staring at the ceiling.

"I was raised by two very nice people who always treated me as if they created me themselves. I had a rather normal childhood really... I was a difficult child when it came to keeping me still though. I liked to play with all the boys and never cared about getting dirty." Letting out a soft laugh she continued.

"It drove my parents mad really.... they could never get me nice clothes because I always ruined them."

Her story then took a darker turn, and her tone made up for it as it abruptly changed. "Plague swept through my village killing almost everyone... my parents included. I however never even got sick... I was only 15 and an orphan... but I managed."

"Then my abilities began to manifest, and I had no idea they even existed. At night horrid creatures would visit my dreams, they would take over every pleasant thought I had and replace them with something awful. Then it got worse as it seemed in every shadow lurked a creature ready to have at me, always reaching for me but just barely out of its reach."

"Then one night I guess you could say I was finally within reach... and she got in."
"Now we are getting to the good part! I still love how we met!"

"The door was open and closed so quickly that to this day I still have not figured out how to get her out. She has rooted herself so deeply in my mind that I am beginning to think I will never get to part ways with this awful bitch."
"I love you too Nashya"

"It could have been avoided I am sure if I had someone to show me what to do. I didn't know I was a shadowmancer coming into her abilities... I thought my mind had literally just began to break."
"I don't know what you are talking about... I fixed your fragile mind you ungrateful wench."

"Everything I know how to do was self taught and I am still learning even today. Of course my darker side has helped me understand the dimension I pull my manifestations from, but even they can only be controlled to an extent."

"And now I help Cyn, having the ability to tap into shadows even miles away I can see and hear far more that you might expect. Not to mention I can make others think they see things... like a face for instance. As for what Cyn can do for me... I think you can piece that bit together yourself."

Salzem

Demagogue nodded and listened quietly as Nash described her life, one seemingly common with a lot of humans these days... Tragedy, especially the one about the child taken-in losing their family again was one he often heard over and over... too bad he wasn't there that day... he might've been able to save them... Then again, the demon had been ordered to spread plagues before through... creative means but... it's been so long since he's been asked for that... Quietly, Demagogue wondered if he was the one that had taken her life away, contemplating whether or not he should say anything... The answer, of course, was obvious.

Nash went on, stating that it wasn't long after she had developed her shadow powers, powers she hardly knew she had... This was when things started getting interesting. The way she described it, the way it visited her in her dreams, deprived her from sleep through nightmares... And eventually, Nash was too weak to evade it any longer and was taken... A classic sign of a demon. Typical, typical tactics... For those demons either too weak or too cowardly to manifest on the physical plane, they had to resort to this kind of crap, to waste a host body enough so that they could get inside and nibble away at their soul... This, however, seemed different... Instead of the demon's personality being fully dominant, it fought and struggled with Nash for control... That right there was a testament to her fortitude and willpower...

As Nashya's explanations came to a close, the demon still had questions of his own, though the girl spoke as if her end goals were obvious.

"So what do you plan to do?" He asked, staring at her intently. "Do you intend to erase your powers or erase this other personality? With one, you potentially will remain... this way and just be powerless and with the other... I don't know if that's possible WITHOUT losing your powers... It was that which drew this thing to you in the first place after all, then you to me..." The demon looked at her strangely, contemplating what kind or stupid, crazy time-effects would happen when Cyn worked her time magic... He also wondered if what he wanted was really worth it now.... The way he saw it, the crazy clock-eyed girl could send them into different timelines fitting their desires and if that was the case... then he'd never see Nash again (at least, not his Nash), powerless or not... This was all very complicated... On one hand, he shouldn't care because in the end, his reward would exclude her completely and he REALLY wanted those souls. On the other, he was finding himself growing more attached to this girl in a way a powerful entity feels obligated to protect a more vulnerable one... Perhaps he was REALLY starting to see her as his partner... Perhaps he was merely having a moment of conscience.

Blink

Taking in an annoyed deep breath Nashya repositioned her head on the back of the couch, feeling like what she wanted should have been obvious from the start. "If you knew me Dem... like really knew me... you would know that answer."

Nashya left it at that, annoyed with the thought of trying to portray who she really was to anyone else. It's not like they truly cared anyways. Nashya knew she was a pawn in a much bigger game. She was here to work and she wasn't about to let that slip up. However, it was nice to know that Dem did have some form of compassion towards her. And who knows... maybe in time he will be able to answer the question he just asked her.

"If you don't mind, I think I am just going to doze off for a bit right here. The warm tea combined with the comfy couch has really set the mood for a nap." She couldn't help that she was sounding agitated to be honest, exhaustion was really beginning to take a toll on her. And she wouldn't let Dem know it, but his presence was almost... comforting?

So without any more words Nashya allowed herself to slip away into the world of darkness she faced everytime her eyes were closed. The monsters constantly battling in her head as her body appeared to be sound asleep on the outside.

Codex

The night was still and silent. The trees whispered to eachother in the darkened breeze as the pale moonlight shone down from above. The large black manor loomed in the darkness, yet faded with the shaded backdrop of the listless sky. However, in all this silence, one presence stirred. It was quick however, and distorted. So much so mere mortal senses would not pick up anything... But those attuned to listen... They would be the ones to tell that the flow of the world around them was slightly off.

And there she stood. On the top floor of the manor, Cyn was in what appeared to be a large dining hall. Silently gazing out the opened window. The only light coming from the moon as the whispering breeze wavered the long white curtains like ghosts. She wore her casual black and white dress. Unlike the last
time she had met with her allies, her hair was let down behind her back. A white eyepatch covering her left eye. Aside from that, she had stayed the same. Just a simple hairstyle and clothing change. No.. This wasn't the guise she used to fool the populace of Shadowmyre.

Cyn would simply stand and wait. Assuming her presence would've been sensed by the inhabitants of the building. A cynical grin on her face as she stared at the bright, pale moon.

Salzem

Demagogue shrugged lightly as the girl commented about his knowledge of her, that if he knew enough about her, he'd be able to answer his own question. True enough, though he already had his own suspicions as to what the answer was... When she mentioned needing a nap, the demon merely smiled and watched as she dozed off, the lights in his sockets pinpointed on her stomach as it raised up and down... up and down... Nashya could be so bossy, so... disagreeable and other times, she was quite amicable... What EVER was he to think about her...? Well... what a dumb question because he already knew he wanted her at his side if not as a mate than only as his partner. She was fun to be around and a demon such as he would have a hard time resisting such a.... powerful impulse...

It was about a minute of the demon watching the girl sleep (quite attentively indeed) before he sensed Cyn's presence, a warp in the current magical field that surrounded this house, a disturbance to the one who now owned it. Disappearing from the couch, Demagogue reappeared on the lower ceiling of this grand dining hall, standing atop it looking down as if this were the floor. Standing right below him was Cyn, clad in a simple dress, simple hairstyle, simple simple simple...

"No, no no... This will not do!" Demagogue tsked, looking down at the girl as his hat miraculously stuck to his skull. "We need to find you something more extravagant, my lady... If you're going to be a part of this misadventure, you need to look the part..." The demon would disappear from the ceiling and reappear next to the girl with the clock eye (or rather the eye-patch... arrr), looking down at her, rather pleased with himself.

"I have to give credit to whatever mail-service you favor, m'lady... I didn't expect to see you for another day..."

Blink

It felt as if she had just fallen asleep, quite literally having just dozed off on the couch moments before. "No rest for the wicked" Nashya's darker self echoing within her mind. Of course that part of her would sense Cyn first, the part of her that belonged to the very place shadows and darkness came from.

Eyes fluttering open she slowly sat up on the couch, swiping her hair from her face before finally pushing herself off of it. Straightening her own simple dress she then began making her way up the stairs, each step a separate mountain to climb as far as she was concerned. Finally though she was able to make her way to the top floor, moving throughout the large house as if she had walked its hallways several times before.

Pulling open the large doors that led into the dining hall Nashya discovered Cyn looking as 'Cyn'-ical as ever and of course Demagogue hanging from the ceiling like a primate.

"Ever think she is trying to blend in?" Nashya chimed in, knowing all too well the importance of not sticking out when you have such big plans.

Codex

Cyn's head would flick upwards when she heard the familiar, unsettling voice of her demonic friend. The girl's expression turned from mischief to what appeared to be a sincere sense of joy. Her face lit up and she looked like a young kid who couldn't contain their excitement. She simply gave him a childish hug when he appeared next to her. "I missed you!" Her voice was muffled by his clothes before she looked back up at him. In this dark light, the faint yellow glow could still be seen creeping from underneath her patch...

Before the clock eyed girl could give a response, Nashya entered the hall. She looked tired. Cyn shot a glance in her direction with the same expression, a cheerful smile. "She's right! I walked ALLLLL the way here just to see you two! I- I didn't want my special gaze attracting unwanted attention." SHe said, giggling. "Anyways! I have a present for you two! Or... I think I did anyways..." She put a finger to her lip and gazed upwards trying to remember. "OH yes!" She said as a light bulb lit up in her head snapping her finger. Suddenly, with a yellow flash a long piece of parchment floated in the air in front of her. Grabbing it from its suspended grip, she'd inspect it more closely.

"Hehe. Local vineyard has recently become... 'ownerless' After the previous owner suddenly and randomly resigned. Somt'n about a bad deal. Had to leave town." She grinned, handing the paper over to Demagouge. The paper was a deed to a location called "Bloodstone Vineyard". "So naturally it needs someone to replace him... Whoever signs that deed becomes the official owner of Bloodstone Wine and all its assets. Not that it has many... But that'll be your job to change." She giggled again. Cyn would turn back to the window.

"I'll use my newfound resources to help fund you all, and spread the brand across Jadenshine." She turned her head back. The red glint of her eye shined in the white moonlight as a dark smile lined her lip. "And our dear dear friend Galvan will send you the recipe..."

Salzem

Demagogue was surprised when Cyn threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him as she smiled with genuine joy. Of course, the demon didn't allow such surprise to show. Instead, he chuckled like a father being embraced by his kid after a long day at work, wrapping his arms around her as well... At the very least, he had to put on the illusion that he liked this girl, that he trusted her enough to do this... He couldn't phaze through EVERY attempt she made to reach out with him. However, much like the times he was feeling generous in embracing this girl, Cyn looked up at him, a yellow glow radiating from under her eye-patch.... Demagogue immediately regretted giving this girl ANY of his physical contact.

The demon seemed to disappear, then reappear at Nash's side shooting her something of a questioning glance, as if she would have some idea as to why Cyn was here early, how she got his message... As if hearing his thoughts, Cyn remarked that she walked ALLL the way here just to see them, then commenting that she didn't want other people to see her "special gaze..." her time magic... The last thing he wanted was for this girl to screw with the timeline any more than she already had... who KNOWS what kind of roaches would come out of the woodwork if she were to... say... prevent this guy from being born or this girl from marrying this guy. The world was infinitely complex and if she changed something or went back in time to get the note as he sent it and came here.... What the hell else could she to do them...? What had she ALREADY done to them...?

Cyn stated with joy that she had brought them a gift, handing a new deed over to the skeleton who took it graciously and read it over.

"Bloodstone Vineyard...?" Demagogue questioned. She explained that this place had recently been rendered "ownerless", that the poor guy who ran it was forced to leave town and whoever signed this here deed became the new owner of this place and all of its assets. Despite how much he loathed and feared this girl, he couldn't help but smile, amused by her actions to get her hands on this thing... It was very.... demonic and he could appreciate that... just not enough to forget the leash around his neck. Cyn turned away, stating that she would use her new found resources to fund them and spread the word of their existence across this civilization... and that someone named Galvin would give them the recipe. Of course, he assumed she meant to the wine.

"Very well!" The demon exclaimed, a quill-pen appearing in his hand, freshly dipped in ink. Before he scribbled down his name, however, the demon paused, staring into the paper blankly.

"Uh... yes.. What should be my mortal name? What shall these people know me as?"

Blink

Placing a hand on her head as if in some form of discomfort Nashya merely glared at Cyn. Turns out she was here with information, a local vineyard suddenly acquired by the itching hands of noneother than the clockeyed girl herself. Nashya wouldn't question the means in which she acquired it though, able to draw assumptions of her own over the matter.

With echoed steps in the otherwise silent house Nashya walked up closer to the two curiously eyeing the deed as Cyn handed it over to Demagogue. Continuing on Cyn explained how this new 'resource' would provide funding to them and the course they both wholeheartedly supported. Even if their reasons for helping Cyn were different, at the end of the day both Dem and Nashya needed this to work.

Did Cyn have any idea who much work this was going to put on Nashya? Now not only was she supposed to keep Demagogue looking 'human' in public, but before an entire staff of workers she assumed would be at the vineyard completely unaware of what was really going on. This meant not a single slip up, not a single moment where she let her thoughts trail off or risk having the entire facade fall. Then there was the matter of keeping an eye on the entire area with her Erokinesis on top of that.

"Nothing better to do with my time anyways." she muttered, knowing full well that neither of them knew what she was talking about. She was just going to play it off as if the voice in her head had prompted the statement. Her gaze then fell on Cyn's back, eyes narrowing again as she took another step forwards. "Then again time means nothing to you anyways."

Codex

Cyn would simply stare at them as they eyed the deed, waiting for Demagouge to sign it. However he hesitated. Than asked a question. At this she simply gave an annoyed sigh and shrugged. "I don't know, make something up!" She said. Cyn figured he would've planned this out by now. Not that it was really her issue anymore. They had to find out how to run this business on their own. Cyn couldn't hold their hands through the entire process. At that point Cyn would skip towards the balcony and take off her shoes. Placing them neatly aside she'd climb onto the railing and turn back the two, smiling. "With that I bid you all ado!" She gave a sarcastic bow. "I have a county to run. I suggest you two settle into
your newfound seat of power!" She'd give them a salute as she leaned backwards and fell straight towards the ground. However, if they were to look over the edge of the balcony, they like no longer see her. She had vanished into the night...

Salzem

"Man... You people aren't any help at all..." The demon muttered as Cyn disappeared over the balcony, Demagogue slightly disappointed he didn't hear the girl splat against the ground on her way down.

"WELL, Nash, I'll see you in the morning... I need an hour or two to myself... I have a few things to think over, a few messages to send, a favor or two to call in. Ciao."

With that the skeleton too would blink out of existence before the girl's eyes, the demon already among the populous, invisible among the darkest of shadows. He needed some resources before his real ascension to power... Specifically, they needed willing subjects, people that would follow his orders. Followers of a sort, the crowd that always surrounded the center of attention.... Admirers.... the best attention-getting cover there ever was.

The demon was a master of getting where he needed to go without being detected, especially when teleportation was one of his abilities.... His first stop, an old noble and his family... Time to collect the first wave of debts.

Blink

Ignored again... figures. Nashya should have been used to that by now, it was after all essentially the meaning of her existence. Her entire job was to stand back and listen... nothing more nothing less. She merely nodded at Dem's goodbye or Cyn's suicidal exit.

"She has style"

After Demagogue left Nashya turned around and walked out of the room before descending the stairs into the main room on the lowest level. Now that she was alone in this house it dawned on her how truly large it was. But it was also empty... cold... dark. The house itself portrayed the very world that lived on in her mind.

Without words (not like there was anyone to talk to anyways) Nashya left the house, now finding herself walking on the lonely and dark streets of the city. She was tired but knew any attempt to sleep in that house would be futile. So instead she searched for something else, perhaps something that made her feel more at home.

After about an hour of wondering she stumbled across an inn with a hand painted sign hanging above the door. 'The Sparrows Inn'. And so on nights when Demagogue were gone, or she was feeling extra cold this was where she would stay. This homey little run down Inn tucked away in the corner of such a substantial town.

-End-