Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Wandering Wanderer (OPEN)

Started by Emblazoned, April 20, 2017, 05:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emblazoned

Karina, a Dream Weaver, strode into the large clearing. She had been walking all day looking for somewhere to settle. Beads of sweat rolled down her pale forehead. The Wanderer brushed her copper-brown, blue-and-gold highlighted hair out of her face and tucked a strand behind her ear. She stared out into the sunlit land, looking for anyone who seemed approachable.

Boosh_Ant

Amongst the thickened bramble, a being walked. He stepped through the bushes, humming a simple tune. Spotting a little herb hidden among the forest floor, he kneeled over and gently tore it from its roots. Resting an unusually large great sword on the ground, he turned the herb in his shielded hands, examining it.

The man stood up, taking the herb with him. Heading back to a smoldering fire besides a fresh clearing, it was the perfect area to rest and take in what his senses could gain. The man sighed, slowly sitting down, placing the great sword across his lap.

The man sat still, frozen like a statue. In the corner of his eye, out came a girl, bumbling out of the bushes and into the clearing.

The man watched her, silently staring, a mask over his steeled gaze.

Emblazoned

The Dream Weaver continued sweeping her soft blue gaze across the clearing. No one seemed to notice her...except for a incredibly tall man dressed in full-body armor.

Karina's eyes brightened to a blazing gold and she started toward him, ready to introduce herself.

It had been a while since she had had a conversation with anyone. Usually, as soon as she began to greet them, they would either ignore her or walk away. Karina's cheery nature and glowing appearance might have appeared strange to anyone the Dream Weaver would come up to. However, this time Karina was determined to make a friend.

Boosh_Ant

The man kept his gaze upon her, his soulless-like mask faced towards her. His posture was statue-still, not even the expansion of his lungs was visible. His great sword gleaming in the firelight.

As the lady strode towards the man, he stood...completely still, not moving an inch. He doesn't even seem to notice the brightened glow of the woman before him.

Words were spoken as she finally came close to the man, enough for her to hear him over the crackling of the fire.

"A maiden...of magic approaches I, what may you ask of me on this lonesome day?" spoke the man, his voice solemn but fluid, tired but rich with power.

The sword gleams with a monotone dull.

Emblazoned

"A maiden...of magic approaches I, what may you ask of me on this lonesome day?" Karina heard the mysterious man's words over the sparking campfire.

Something like doubt briefly flashed in her dazzling gaze, but quickly faded as she stuck out her hand in greeting.

"I'm Karina." She beamed at the heavily armored man. "I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a Dream Weaver." The young woman twirled, sparkling mist spinning off her thin figure.

"Well, what's your name?" Karina questioned, her golden gaze changing to a light cyan flecked with copper.

Boosh_Ant

The man doesn't hold out his hand, instead, keeping it rested on his sword. He continues to simply stare at the woman. His mask hiding all expression.

"A..dream weaver? Such a rare subject to hear. Apologies if I haven't heard of such." spoke the man, his voice, yet

Once again, he doesn't seem to notice the swirling colors of magic around the woman.

"You are rather brazen in your tone of voice. Why, if it weren't for your magic, I would of mistaken you for a barbarian. So vicious in tone" The man's voice was tinged a light humor.

"As for my name, a story I wish not to tell. Yet, you did give me your name. You may simply refer to me as Brande" The man spoke as he bowed his head, his head tilting forward ever so slightly.

The sword gleamed, a monotone dull shined.

Tags: