Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unspoken Vows [Draco!]

Started by Zero, April 21, 2017, 03:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

A bright smile lit up his face when she nodded and took his hand again. Rajko gave her hand a gentle squeeze, grinning down at her. She was quite a bit shorter than him!

"Yes, we should tell Mother. The sooner the better! I think she will like you. You're very pretty. I'm sure she will understand why I have to stay when we tell her about being married." Maybe he didn't get the concept very well, it was a foreign notion to grasp for him, but it seemed like something his family should know about. Besides, his mother was bound to know what it meant.

Grinning now, he kept hold of Sanshi's hand and gently pulled her along towards the port. The Dancing Star was a large merchant vessel, and he pointed it out to her with pride. "That is Mother's ship. She's the Captain. We brought lots of goods for the festival."

Wealthy families had paid quite a lot for the items to be delivered to celebrate their goddess properly extravagantly.

Draconian

The walk was nice.

Sort of.

Sanshi was still sort of reeling from being called pretty.

She wasn't ugly but she wasn't pretty. Was she? Her free hand moved up to poke her cheek and she glanced away after a moment or two. This could work out right? Sanshi took comfort in Rajko's hand and when she wasn't staring off in some other direction she was looking at his wings. Never in a hundred lifetimes did she think she'd... Get a man with wings.

If they did have children. Would they have wings? Could he fly? Were they just for show?

His words jarred her from her thoughts and she blinked at him, mouth open slightly and... "Dancing Star?" She followed his hand and... Whoa. Sanshi blinked and closed her mouth and...

"Your mother is the Captain?" This was even more nerve wracking now. She moved to walk closer to Rajko, practically hiding behind his arm while they walked. This woman was going to hate her. Everything was going to go wrong and this woman would dislike her and scream at her and tell her to leave her son alone and then they'd go away and...

Sanshi took a deep breath, "That's... Neat," She smiled, swallowing away her anxiety. "I'd like to meet her," She lied. Rajko seemed keen on it and... Sanshi wanted to at least make an attempt to make him happy. That seemed important.

Zero

"Yes, she owns the ship too." Captain Killaroja was not a woman to sail under someone else's direction. The merchants that traded goods had to contract her crew and vessel.

Most of the crew was absent. The women were all in the thick of the goings on, having a great time while they were in port, because out at sea there was usually too much work for cutting loose and having fun. Some had probably actually witnessed their impromptu wedding!

All except his mother, of course. She stayed on the ship or at the docks mostly. That's how Rajko knew right where to find her.

With an excited grin still plastered on his face, he lead Sanshi up to the deck, then to the Captain's quarters. He knocked loudly on the door. It took a few moments, but it swung open to reveal a slim and tall woman with raven hair and bright violet eyes.

His mother blinked in surprised to see him, then let her eyes slide past to Sanshi. "What are you doing here? I thought you'd be having a good time out there."

"Mother! I need you to meet Sanshi!" Rajko put his arm around her, beaming as he looked down at her. "She says we are married. There was name calling and candles and then when the woman blew the candles out she said we were married."

Captain Killajora blinked slowly, casting her eyes at Sanshi again and arching a brow delicately. "Is that so?"

Draconian

Oh no.

Sanshi could feel her heart in her throat and tears of panic pricked at her eyes. Sure they were only walking onto a boat but what if this was a ruse! What if Rajko was a slaver?  What better way of getting a new slave than...

Green eyes shot to the pretty woman in the door way. Sanshi felt like she could faint. Light headed and her pulse jumping wildly. "I..." Sanshi looked to Rajko, a tremble in her hands that she didn't try to hide. Apparently she'd used all her bravery just putting her name into the jar.

"Yes... I... Rajko didn't understand but... It's only for a year and a day. After that everything can go back to normal for him, I promise!" Thats whay she wanted right? Her son back? Sanshi didn't meet the woman's eyes, instead she stared at the ground, head down.

Zero

Thankfully Rajko was too excited with his eyes forward to notice the panicked tears in Sanshi's eyes. He was too excited to notice much of anything except that he had to show off his new wife to his mother. Wife was the right word, right?

Yep! That was it. See? He was getting the hang of this already!

"I...see." Captain Killaroja simply stared at them for a moment, silently processing the situation. It was certainly a surprise, but her son was beaming and the poor girl saddled with him looked about to faint. "Rajko, it would seem that you have found yourself married. I presume you will be staying in Thanatos with your...wife?"

Rajko nodded enthusiastically. Sure, it wasn't what he'd planned exactly, but it was going to be a fun little adventure!

"Very well, then. Get your shit and get off my ship. You are relieved of duty indefinitely." She turned to Sanshi. "Come into my cabin and have a drink with me while he packs, Sanshi was it?"

Rajko blinked, expression faltering for a moment before he laughed and leaned down to gently squeeze Sanshi's hand, giving a little peck on her cheek. "Wait with Mother, I'll be back quickly and then we can go home."

Draconian

"Y-yes ma'am," Sanshi blurted out, head jerking up. It was an odd swirl of sensations. Pleasure that someone was apparebtly excited to go home with her and fear because she knew it wouldn't last. Couldn't last.

Sanshi was allowed to enjoy it while it did last, right?

A hesitant look to... Rajko's mother and she moved her hands to her head to make sure it was still covered. "I'm sorry ma'am," she said glancing away, "If I hadn't put my name in this wouldn't have happened." Well it would. He just wouldn't have been married to her.

And surely that was only good news.

Zero

Captain Killaroja turned and walked back into her cabin as her son disappeared to fetch his belongings, she gestured impatiently for Sanshi to follow her. A bottle of rum was pulled from a shelf along with two small glasses. She poured about two fingers worth into each cup and nudged one towards her new daughter-in-law.

"Don't know why you're apologizing to me. It is your people's festival, and your choice to participate. Not your fault you got your name drawn with Rajko." She lifted her own glass and knocked back the shot with a sigh. What a strange day.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, she shook her head. It figured she'd let him out of her sight for two seconds and he'd find some mischief to get into. She poured herself another shot and this time raised her glass in a toast. "To your marriage, I suppose. May it be long and bring you both great happiness."

Draconian

Sanshi looked at the glass and gave it a delicate sniff. Surely this was poison. Except... No. The woman drank it like it was nothing. So, Sanshi followed suit and couldn't hide the face she made. It was disgusting and the strange burning it left behind made her worry.

Sanshi's face was stilk screwed up though it quickly melted into plain surprise. "It's... Only for a year. Rajko doesn't know what marriage is so... I imagine this time next year he'll... Leave and come back and... Be here." Sanshi placed the glass down delicately. Though she nodded slightly, "I'll do my best to make it a good year for him. And... Make sure he's happy."

Sanshi rubbed her stomach, the alcohol in it weighing her down like a stone. "Are you mad, ma'am?"

Zero

She gave a soft, bark of a laugh. "Mad? No, not really. Rajko is a grown man, men sometimes get married, and he seems excited enough."

Of course she knew that her son didn't really get the whole situation, but she knew him well enough to know that he would be just fine. If anything, not knowing Sanshi was the only real worry. Still, the girl gave assurances that she'd try to make her son happy, and that would have to be good enough for now.

"And don't give me that year stuff. My son might not know much about Thanatos, but I do. Yeah, yeah with the year and a day of marriage before you can choose to make a clean split if it doesn't work." She waved her hand dismissively at the very notion. "I know that you are supposed to try very hard to make it work, and most marriages become permanent after that year. You seem like a nice girl, and you obviously wanted a husband if you put your name in, so I'm not expecting that my son will be returning to sea with me again."

For a moment she chewed on her bottom lip. "Just take good care of him? Rajko is a good, sweet boy and he will do his best to take care of you. He might not understand fully, but he will if you just be patient and show him. I think he'll make a fine husband. Maybe by the time I come back in a year or two you can introduce me to a grandchild."

Draconian

Politely, Sanshi listened, fiddling with her fingers while she looked off to the side. This woman was very scary. But very nice. A deep breath and she nodded.  "I just..." Sanshi ducked her, "Didn't want to be alone anymore." A nervous laugh and she looked at the woman again.

Her... mother-in-law. Sanshi swallowed nervously and smiled, then blushed brightly. "You... Want grandchildren?" That was... Sanshi knew children were a thing that could happen, but mentioning it as a statistic and hearing someone talking about it like... a future plan was... Different. "Can Rajko fly?" She blurted out.

Zero

Deciding to get married just because you didn't want to be alone anymore? Seemed like a terrible idea to her, especially with such a high stakes chance way of doing it. The girl could have wound up with anyone at all. At least she knew her son was sweet and kind, the girl had lucked out on that much.

The older woman couldn't help but chuckle at the way she blushed. Virginity wasn't a big deal in Thanatos, she knew, but had a pretty good idea that maybe her new daughter-in-law hadn't been with many, or any, men.

"I'm not going to live forever, so yeah, wouldn't mind seeing another little one or two added to my family before I go." Rajko loved children, and would be a good father. Even if she didn't have much to do with her future grandchildren, she knew they would make her son very happy. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all. In Yoreiq things would have been much different for him.

She blinked at the sudden question, but smirked and answered honestly. "Yes, he can."

Draconian

Sanshi wasn't sure how she felt about a husband that could fly.

Slowly her lower lip was pulled between her teeth and she chewed on it awkwardly. What a day. Evening. Rajko was going to leave everything behind and it was all her fault. Sort of. She was part of it. She was chosen for him and he was chosen for her but still! Sanshi felt... Guilty. Guilty that he'd have to leave his family - his mother and her crew - and... Stay with a stranger.

Sanshi closed her eyes for a moment and rubbed her forehead before she let her hands drop to her lap again. This time, she was playing with the hem of her clothing, short nailed fingers playing with the side of the fabric. Plucking at it and stretching it when she could.

"I'm sorry i'm not... Better," She said softly, looking at ... Her? Mother. "I'd have never been chosen without the ceremony so... I figured anyone would do and... Rajko is wonderful. Odd but..." Sanshi smiled, palms on her lap, " He's beautiful." She looked up again, making eye contact, "You've created a beautiful person. I'll take the best care of him that I can."

Zero

Oh Gods help them all.

"Girl, if you spend all your time worrying about being better instead of just being yourself you'll never get a damn thing done." She sighed and rubbed her temples a little. Her son had found himself a sweet girl, but her self-worth seemed about as low as the bottom of the ocean. "You'll take care of him and he'll take care of you. That's kind of the whole idea of being married."

Just then Rajko poked his head back into the cabin, smiling broadly and carrying a large knapsack. "I have packed everything I want to take with me, Mother. Do we leave now?"

"Yes, you leave now. Go home with your wife and take good care of her. I'll see you when we come to this side of the world again." Who knew when that would really be? The Dancing Star traded primarily with Yorieq, so it could be well over a year before it made port in Thanatos again.

Tags: