Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea! [Aeyt!]  (Read 216 times)

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

Re: It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea! [Aeyt!]
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
Rit was unnaturally good at games.

How did he know all the tricks?

Song knew a few of the tricks, knew how hard it was for the layman to win; in fact, it was only a few years since she had run one such game stall, having run with a crowd of travelers, people who lived on the fringes of society but who weren't Untouchables. They had taught her their scam, and for a while she'd enjoyed it. But it wasn't the most lucrative job. It was seasonal, and thus unreliable, but it had paid for some things on the side while she'd kept up her own con schemes. She even recognized some of the people who were still in the business, who flashed her surprised looks when they saw her arm in arm with a man, but she just held a finger to her lips and shook her head.

No, she hadn't turned over a new leaf. She had just found a new game to play.

Nevertheless, she was thoroughly surprised at either this man's luck or skill, she couldn't tell which, but perhaps he had cheated? He did have magic of some sort...or was he just smart enough to figure out the game? Either way, soon enough she was carrying piles of stuff, a new crystal pendant around her neck, some gaudy rings, a silk flower tucked behind her ear, and...fish and frogs and even some sort of strange lizard in little containers perforated with holes so they got air. Those were the most curious of her prizes. She wasn't really an...animal person.

The fish, at least, was pretty she supposed, a brilliant mix of emerald and blue and red. She didn't know what she was supposed to do with any of them, though.

Oh well!

Smiling up at Rit as she balanced her winnings, she nudged him playfully. "Bring many girls here?" she asked, voice teasing. "Because it seems you've had a lot of practice."
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Princess in Chains
Lady of the Lake
A trap well-laid.
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Offline Aeytrious

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 12:20:47 AM »
        "You don't need practice when you can just choose to win," Rit said, and flashed Song a conspiratorial grin. "And no, I don't bring all the girls here. Just the ones I'm here with now." Which from Songs point of view was just her, but from Rit's it was also three other women, and a young man. All had their purpose in the balance, all had reason to be nurtured by a Rit.
        "I think it's time we bought something a bit more worthy of your interest. Wouldn't you agree?" Rit began to take the parcels, and prizes, that Song balanced in her arms, and slipped them into his pack. Since this was one of his custom extra-dimensional bags, everything fit without it changing size.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiramKurohanaLexMelyndariaRitousaey
TiberiusValencia

8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8utter.
"8ut," said she, "this 8utter's 8itter.
If I put it in my 8atter,
It will make my 8atter 8itter.
8ut a 8it of 8etter 8utter
That would make my 8atter 8etter."
So 8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8etter 8utter
(8etter than her 8itter 8utter)
And she put it in her 8itter 8atter
And made her 8itter 8atter a 8it 8etter.

Yes. I know I'm sexy.
You don't need to keep pointing it out.

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »
Wow, someone was cocky. He was a man after her own heart--if she were at all interested in the man and not just what he had to offer. When he finally professed that it was time to move onto more interesting things, it took all of her willpower not to exclaim, "about time!" The games were fun and all, and watching him show off was amusing (he had these tricks DOWN) but it wasn't where her interests lay and she was ready to see just how much money he had.

But she tried not to show that shrewd interest, tried instead to keep her face curious and awed, her eyebrows rising with surprise when he packed her prizes away into a bag that had no end--and that, at least, wasn't feigned. Sure, the man had materialized out of nowhere, but these sorts of casual magical acts weren't quite so common here as they might be elsewhere!

"Oh! How did you do that?" she gasped, putting a little extra wonder in her voice. Men did like to explain things, especially to pretty girls, and her aim was to disarm him and keep him disarmed. "You know a lot of magic, don't you? I've never seen anything like that! I didn't realize it was so big."

And she smiled up at him, flashing him an innocent look. "Anyway, what did you have in mind, my husband?"
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Princess in Chains
Lady of the Lake
A trap well-laid.
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Offline Aeytrious

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
        Rit shared a smile with Song. Her honest delight pleased him, but he knew that most of her reactions were feigned or exaggerated. "What do I have in mind?" He parroted her question with a sly grin. "We could browse the stalls here if you like. Or we could move to the shopping district on the other side of the festival, where the merchants have their best wares out on display for the event."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiramKurohanaLexMelyndariaRitousaey
TiberiusValencia

8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8utter.
"8ut," said she, "this 8utter's 8itter.
If I put it in my 8atter,
It will make my 8atter 8itter.
8ut a 8it of 8etter 8utter
That would make my 8atter 8etter."
So 8etty 8otter 8ought a 8it of 8etter 8utter
(8etter than her 8itter 8utter)
And she put it in her 8itter 8atter
And made her 8itter 8atter a 8it 8etter.

Yes. I know I'm sexy.
You don't need to keep pointing it out.

Tags: