Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The blood that binds us (Spice) (M)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, April 22, 2017, 06:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

@Spicyspice

The cold rain was deafening against the buildings and pavement. The dark clouds made it impossible forrr one to think it was still day and only those who really had business outside dared to go against the storm raging over the lands. It had it's positive sides however, there were less people to see you and whatever scents animals could pick up were washed away.

The stones were slippery and hard enough to just walk on, yet someone was running. A man in his late teens at the most. Clouds formed from his mouth as he exhaled hot air from his body into the cold unforgiving world.

He cut a corner, slipping but regained his footing. Preventing himself from crashing into some empty barrels that used to hold ale from the tavern they stood against. It was the tavern however where he needed to be.

Not giving himself the time to regain his breath, the man entered, closing the door behind him. There was nobody there other then the bartender.

''Can't you read the sign punk? I'm closed. Thanks to this bloody storm my orders were not delivered.'' he spoke.

''I apolagise sir.'' the young man spoke. He knocked against the wooden wall. ''But you see, my home is at the other side of this town and this storm is terrible. Surely I can talk you into letting me stay here for a short while to sit it out?'' he had a smile on his face.

The bartender walked from behind the bar. He was three heads taller than the little runt before him. ''Oh you're one of Bartho's kids aren't ya. I recognise you now.'' he held out his hand. The knock sequence was one thing, but the name and handshake the next which the kid confirmed. ''What are you talking about sir.'' The man said with still the same grin while shaking the man's hand. ''I'm one of Martha's. One of the younger ones I'm afraid though.''

''You're soaked lad. Go upstairs. A kid of Martha's is always welcome. Up the stairs, second door to the right. You can find towels there and pleasant company to dry off and keep you warm.''

''Yes sir. Right away sir.'' the young man replied and went up the stairs, passing a few pretty lasses. It still amazed him though how many people were here for the same cause. And the cause was exactly why he even as much as dared to disturb his superior.

He conversed with a few of the lasses. If it had been anyone who did not belong to The Blood Wardens, these girls were tasked to make a ruckus to give whoever was upstairs the chance to hide through the special tunnels.

Eventually he reached the door of the room where he had to be and knocked before waiting. The door opened and he gulped. He was not exactly used seeing a woman in a very revealing dress.

''Look who is back after so long. And you are still a cutie too. Do my clothes still make you uncomfortable sugar?'' she said with a smile. ''And completely wet. Let sister Tara look after you.'' her fingers trailed up his arm.

''Tara is your name huh?'' the man asked. ''Is Evangeline not home?''

''Not today. But do not worry. I'm just as good as she is. Come in. I will give you something to dry off with.'' she let the man inside and lead him through a scene where a few men and women were enjoying ones company.

Despite he recognised some as fellow brothers, he did not engage in comversation with them. Instead, he hurried to the adjecent room where he knew Cullen was in a meeting.

It was Tara though who knocked on the door for him and entered first. ''Apolagies for disturbing you sir. It seems someone has come to see you.'' she than allowed the young man to enter and she waited on the other side of the door.

''I am truely sorry Sir for disturbing you. While I was infiltrating in the Grand Duke's army I saw something. Something amazing. You really must come and see. It might turn this whole mess of a war around. But we need to hurry before it slips away from us forever. I well...'' he paused.

''Remember the size of the legion I was in? One person singlehandedly annihalated most of them. It it is the short version but she needs help. Badly. From you. Sir.'' he said and swallowed. He knew he was not making much sense right now but he was still lost at words. Not to mention he was sent because he was the fastest on his feet.

visualspice

Cullen's meeting as in the form of a deck of cards. Sometimes he liked to do his own war strategies that way, it was an old habit that never left him when he was once Captain of the guard in Reajh. So when the boy entered the small meeting room, it was full of a thick, cigar laced smoke atmosphere. But it wasn't a blinding cloud, and when the boy entered, Cullen set down his smoke and looked the boy over-

and frowned over just what he had to say. He looked to Tara, then down to the boy.

"You speak a great deal over something that you could have lost your life over."
And were Cullen a more traditional Connlaothian (though most of him still was), he was not impartial over the idea of a powerful mage. But he wasn't a fool- and though the boy seemed to think optimistically over the situation, Cullen was always skeptical, always guarded and would never put both feet in the water if he didn't have to.

"Catch your breath, boy. You'll have to say more than that to just convince me. Besides," he gestured towards the other men, who were a lot grubbier than him, most missing teeth, teeth that were rotten. "I'm in the middle of an important meeting."
It was not to say what the boy said wasn't important, the boy just needed to realize that with war...
There were a lot of sudden urgent importances that showed up a lot.

"Now... start from the beginning, boy, alright? Tell me exactly all I need to know so I can assess this situation. Now, you're saying there was some mage who took out an entire army force by herself?" He thought it over, nodded and tapped his cigar thoughtfully as it's smoke lingered against the ash tray in which it rest.

"Go one."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Yes Sir. Sorry Sir.'' The boy panted and cleared his throat. ''Together with several tracking hounds, morfecai and a large legion we ventured through the Valley as were our orders. The hounds picked up the scent of magic and investigated. A woman and anither soldier came out if a tent. Despite they tried to talk, the commander of the legion did not listen. Despite the mordecai the woman used magic. Powerful fire magic when one of the soldiers hurt her friend. She litterly cooked him in his armor until only ashes remained and gave everyone a choice.  To fight and die or surrender and live. Then she engulfed herself in flames and transformed into a phoenix. She spared everyone who dropped their weapons and everyone else were turned into cinders.  She defended soldiers who surrendered even. However. Her being a creature of fire in that heavy snowfall made her ill. It looked like she was getting better but turned for the worst. A friend of her showed too and he told me to get you because she needs help. Your help. In return he promised she  could help us in the battle to come. As proof he told me to bring this.'' from his cloak he took a red feather with varioys shades of fire in it and placed it on the table. ''Her friend said to expose it to fire.''

visualspice

Cullen digested the story with a grain of salt, and when the feather was presented to him he rolled it between his fingers as he held it up to the light. And he immediately knew it was no ordinary feather.
"Ansgar's name." He chuckled and nodded to the boy. "Where is she and how is it that you think I could help?" Such a powerful creature... Clearly she was the answer to their prayers- assuming this boy wasn't a part of a greater scheme all together. Hell, he didn't entirely believe the story- but part of him wanted to. He knew how to read people, and unless this boy had some god given gift for realistic lying, he saw the truth in his expression.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

The boy looked at the many warm colors the feather offered. It was almost hypnotising as his eyes continuesly seemed to pick up new colors of red and orange.

''I do not know but her friend told me to find my surperior if we would want to turn this war around. He had attempted to explain but despite I want to protect mages and magic alike, I am useless regarding the subject when it comes to knowledge. But there was something about determination, mental and physical strength and that not many can do it. The men who want to fight for the cause are all weary now from the cold and the journey. As for where they are, I of course could not bring them to the hideout but there is a cave with several mighty trees. About half an hour on the double from the edge of the townin the current weather. A bit shorter if we run harder.'' he said and swallowed. He understood that the story was hard to swallow and one had to see it with his or her very own eyes. There were stories about dragons aplenty but phoenixes? Maybe a tale of one from a bard once.

visualspice

"You say she was in a bad state.... Does she need supplies? Or something else?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I think her friend said something about a magic contract where you receive benefits such as becoming capable of using fire magic, increased lifespam, fire immunity, poison resistance and other natural skills she pisesses. He said this magic is capable of saving her but he did say we don't have long to decide. If she dies she does get reborn but will not reach her current strength for at least another twenty years. ''

visualspice

And at that, Cullen couldn't help himself but laugh and laugh. His eyes were in tears as he turned to the boy.
"Are you saying some Phoenix wants to seek me out and turn me into.. something like her?" He shook his head and gestured towards the door. "Forgive me but... I think the door is that way."

SilmeriaElemred

''You will not turn into her. It is like becoming a mage with magic similar to hers. Sir, with all due respect I think having her really can turn this war around. She can handle mordecai without trouble and would the Knights of the White Lilly have effect on her she still is a phoenix with sharp talons and a beak that can tear through their armor like butter.''

One of the others at the table pondered. ''I think Cullen, that he has a point. We support mages and plenty are willing to join us in the upcoming battle but the mordecai are a big problem. We were about to wrap up the meeting anyway. You can check it out. It is clear this boy only knows the highlights because time is running out. If you see the creature yourself you can decide whether it is worth the effort or not. If you are not going, I think I will. But with you as our commander, on the back of a phoenix? Surely would inspire many to stand up against the Grand Duke.'' the woman got on her feet.

''Thank you... Minerva.'' The boy said, Gratefull at the least someone was at the least interested in looking.

''No need to thank me. I may be your cousin but that does not make me favor you. I've heard rumors about a phoenix before this evening although one destroying a large sum of the army is new to me. One was spotted in the Sirantil Valley not to long ago.'' Her gaze went to Cullen. ''Are you sure you are not interested in at the least seeing the creature? I don't know but somehow it sounds unlike you.''

visualspice

He hated that they planted any seed of doubt. He wasn't a fool. But he did have a weakness to take chances on a gamble, ones that can make a great turn for this war...
He swore and sat up from the table.

"How far away is she?" he asked, raking a hand through his hair.

SilmeriaElemred

''Half an hour when running on the double. With Minerva's horse that is in the stables you are faster Sir.'' The boy replied, glad that Cullen was convinced enough to at the least look.

''My horse can not carry more then two people. My cousin spoke about a cave in the forest out of the way where the hideout is but close enough to it. I can take you or my cousin can.'' Minerva replied before ruffling her cousin's head.

''You should go Minerva. Truth be told. I am exhausted. Running so hard in the rain after even reaching this place drained me.'' the boy admitted.

''It's alright Mathew. Surely you deserved some rest.'' Minerva looked at Cullen after speaking. ''We should go. If time is of the essence, spending it with chatting is not going to help anyone. If my cousins words are even half the truth of what he spoke, this chance is wasted if not looked into.''

Tags: