Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Greetings from a Worlde Arcane Refugee

Started by Wac_432, April 03, 2017, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wac_432

Hello all!

I stopped RPing for a few years after Worlde Arcane shut down, but I really missed my favorite characters, so I thought I might resurrect a few of them here. Now if I can just find my drawings...

Gawfy

Hey and welcome to the club!
i wish you luck on your quest for drawings

Whim

Hiya! Glad to see more folks from Worlde Arcane about! It was a great place. Always regretted that I was too young to really appreciate freeform RP when I was there. I think I do remember your character: she hung around with a were-lion right?
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Wac_432

Yup. Until he murdered her.

I was hoping that writer might be here. Irihi and his various characters always had interesting chemistry.

I also played the Aeros siblings: Cahron and Miiya. Wu'faan Liewun of The Silk Road quest, Count Leon Belrotte (And his entire paramilitary organization/criminal syndicate) from Ill-Gotten Gains, and the crossover/lpc characters Sen, Li, and Osu from the Rising Sun tavern.

The Discus forum format was amazing for ffrpg with all the nested topics creating a very navigable and interlinked world. I modded for a while at the end. There were probably hundreds of thousands of hours of work that just vanished pretty much without a trace--you can still unearth bits and pieces via the wayback machine--when it finally collapsed.

SOtE is kind of intimidating after getting so used to WA. It seems like stories are a lot more compartmentalized and contained. That seems positive since you can wreck cities or hold epic battles in a thread that don't have to become Canon for the entire world, but also a little negative since there's less random encounters and incidental collaboration/conflict between rpgers in the same areas.

Whim

I was quite young when I played on World Arcane. Made no one of note and when I was finally able to appreciate it... it went down a week after I joined. Argroww's the only person I know from WA currently.

And I agree on all counts. Its kind of a double-edged sword. I really enjoyed that you 'could' meet random folks on WA, though you could also just run into characters who weren't a good fit for your story. Could easily turn into a third-wheel scenario. Closest thing on SotE is probably Open Threads.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic