Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stardust

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This Thread has come from: Seeing Stars. See the rules before joining! Thanks!

Thread location: The Gardens

She should have went to the ballroom. It was prime time for any lord or lady (military or other wise) to make an appearance and shine. It was especially an important location for those who were of marrying age. She fell precisely in that category, and it was the exactly reason Gavriella Marcell avoided the ball room like the plague.

She was too confused over her own emotions about her father becoming a Duke and her entire life changing in an uncontrollable spiral that she felt was getting too far out of her control. But that was just it, wasn't it? As a woman, she couldn't be in control. Her fate was sealed the moment her mother conceived, and her father, thankfully, saw fit to wait to marry her off.

She was nineteen now, but this ball, she knew was important, and she knew, once her father found her and dragged her out- she was very well sentencing herself to whatever fate had in store for her-
And she just wasn't ready for it yet. She was still young, still naive and...
Still very much in love with with the idea she'd just live at her brother's side to help aid him rule the duchy, as if nothing else in the world would come into play and ruin that. THey had been so close.. To be married off would rip her from her best friend and break her heart.

It would take a long time for the spoiled girl to get over. She was a foolish, foolish girl, and she didn't care as she moved towards the garden walls. It appeared there was some sort of a hedge maze. She lingered at the entrance, hesitant to just lose herself within it but at the same time...
Desiring it- all of it, and to just get lost away in the night.

She didn't bother to peek behind her before slipping off into the garden maze.
If her father couldn't find her, she might not be dragged into some kind of marriage proposal. It was a silly idea, and her father would be furious...
But she couldn't stand the thought to be separated from her family.
What about her mother? She couldn't stand to consider moving away from her, too!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He really should have stayed in the ballroom. His father expected him to, even if they weren't here tonight to deal with family matters specifically.

Andreas gritted his teeth as he followed the familiar swirl of his sister's skirts out into the gardens. God, he wished they could just go home. He hated it here.

That was unfair. Reajh was perfectly lovely--the palace itself was, in fact, stunning. He just...didn't like anything that was happening. At least nothing his father had dreamed up.

"She is not an heir; this will ensure both our stability and her safety. It's for her own good."

"Shipping her off to a foreign nation in the middle of a damned
war? How is that for her own good?!"

But of course his father hadn't listened. For all that he was meant to inherit the Marcells' title someday, Andreas was frequently struck by just how little anyone seemed to actually listen to him.

Well. Almost anyone.

She'd disappeared into the maze. He hovered at the entrance, hesitating. Finally, he sighed and took the first few steps inside.

"...Gavi?"

visualspice

Gavriella froze at her brother's voice, carrying easily across the night air. Had he followed her? Well, that much was obvious. Thankfully, it had been him and not someone else. She didn't move from where she had disappeared around a corner, but rather, folded her arms a moment to consider a response.

He knew she was there already. Why make him wait?

"You avoiding the ball room, too?" she asked, voice carrying into the twilight.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

His lips twitched up on one side as he followed the sound of her voice. He found her almost shrinking between the hedges, arms folded in that way she did when she got tense. Like an angry cat trying to make itself look bigger.

He shrugged and reached up to rub at the back of his neck, then scowled when he remembered the fancy velvet doublet limited his movement pretty significantly. "Yeah. How could you tell?" he joked quietly, but the laughter didn't quite reach his eyes.

He dropped his hand. "...You can't hide here all night, you know. You need a chaperone."

visualspice

That got her to spin.
"A chaperone?" Did he honestly think her some child still?
"I just turned 19..." Did he honestly expect to still baby sit her, even here and now?

DragonSong

Andreas stared at her as though she were the one being ridiculous.

"Yes..." he said slowly. "I know how old you are, Gavi. Do you think that matters? That makes it worse." He huffed and glanced around, then muttered through a tight jaw, "You're...not a child anymore. If you're out here by yourself, unchaperoned, and so much as a gardener boy looks at you sidelong, people are going to talk."

It was stupid. It was stupid and he hated it, but he knew it was true. He knew she knew it too, even if she'd rather not admit it.

He huffed out another breath and glanced over his shoulder, then reached out to take her upper arm lightly, tugging her gently away from the hedge wall as he laid her hand in the crook of his elbow. "I know you hate it. Just...play nice for the evening, and we can complain about it all when we get home," he promised with an attempt at a conspiratorial smile.

visualspice

Except she wasn't buying it as she glared at him.
"And who says Daddy's going to send me home?" She hissed. "This while finding s a betrothed thing.. I heard him talking about letting them keep me even before the marriage.  What if that's true and what if he sends me off eurh .. with some noble I don't know to just up and live there!?"

DragonSong

"Gavi, keep your voice down," Andreas hissed back, glancing around though he knew logically that no one was in earshot.

Shit. He wasn't supposed to say anything, but...

Damnit.

Swearing under his breath, Andreas caught his sister's arm and towed her deeper into the maze, until he was absolutely positive that no one would overhear, before pulling her around in front of him and taking her by the shoulders. Gently, but still firm.

"Gavriella, I need you to listen to me." His eyes searched her face, angry and sad and torn. "We are not just in Reajh for the ball and for politics. Father and Mother are meeting with--with an envoy from Serendipity tomorrow. To finalize your marriage contract."

visualspice

Gavriella's eyes grew wide as she froze up like the statues behind them. Words betrayed her, logic was gone. When her lips were finally able to move she stammered, "wh... what!?"

DragonSong

Andreas thought he might have actually felt his heart crack down the middle. Damnit, he hated being the one to tell her this--but he thought it might be better if she was more prepared when their parents told her.

"I..." He trailed off and glanced away, unable to look at her. His baby sister. His baby sister who was certainly no longer a child, and who he couldn't actually take back home to Allar and pretend that none of this was happening. "I don't know all the details," he ground out. "But apparently...he's some minor lord, from a family with lands sort of near the border. Father hopes he can...eventually get you there. The fighting isn't dying down. He's--he's trying to keep you safe."

He didn't mention that an alliance with a Serenian noble house--minor or not--offered a certain amount of political strength. Particularly because Gavriella was a younger daughter, while her bridegroom was an heir. Apparently.

visualspice

"Safe!? By sending me away?" Her voice was a bit too  loud. "Andy.. I've never been to Serendipity! And the fighting... it hasn't directly affected us at home!" That last statement was only partially true. Allar had been affected pretty deeply, and her family was lucky it was the one who snagged it's position to rule as it was the opportune moment to step forward and take the conveniently empty ruling seat. Even through that all, their family had been spoiled with remote safety, and Gavriella was too ignorant and naive.

DragonSong

"I know--Gavi, I know--Gavi!" He grabbed her shoulders, trying to get her to focus on him rather than spiral into hysterics. He glanced around again, though they were so far into the garden's maze that there was really next to no chance of someone overhearing.

"Believe me, if I'd had any say in the matter--" He cut himself off, gritting his teeth. "Gavi, I'm telling you this so you're not blindsided later. Do you understand? I can't stop this. I've tried. I--"

His voice actually broke. Dear God, that was humiliating. He dropped his hands, stepping sharply away from her. "...I'm sorry."

visualspice

She knew he was helping. She knew it. But it still hurt. And even though it seemed nothing could be done...
She up and left him, storming away deeper into the garden maze while her eyes stung with tears.

DragonSong

"Gavi, wait--Gavi!"

He took a few steps after her, then stopped. "Gavriella!" he tried once more. When she didn't return or answer back, he sighed and slumped against a hedge wall.

Well. That went just swimmingly.

visualspice

She purposely ignored him. She knew it was childish of her, but she didn't want him to see her crying. And she made haste to turn around a few more bends in hopes to lose him in the gardens....
Although, she speculated she was a little lost herself. She didn't really care, and when she turned another bend that opened up to a small pond with a fountain in it's center, she took a moment to have a seat beside the waters, and brushed away at her tears and worked on trying to calm herself down.

It would be embarrassing to return to the ball with red, puffy eyes from tears and she sighed, wondering how much of her make up had smudged and peered down at the waters to try to use the reflection to gauge just that, as she fussed over make up and hair.

Some night this Twilight ball, or whatever it was, turned out to be!

DragonSong

Mikhail really hadn't planned on attending the ball tonight. The invitation was a formality more than anything else, he knew that, and he saw no reason to humor it--they'd be gone from the city soon enough anyway.

But then his sister had pointed out that his betrothed--uhg--would be there. And even if he didn't want to introduce himself, he could at least get a look at the girl.

Which, he realized as he turned a corner in the garden maze, wasn't an entirely accurate description. A young woman, but just barely, it seemed. Great.

But he knew this was her--Gavriella Marcell. No one else was out in the gardens, and the young man he'd caught a glimpse of earlier had called her name. But she'd ignored him--a brother or cousin, he assumed--and somehow he'd found himself following her rather than just introducing himself to the other Marcell.

Wait...was she crying?

Oh dear.

"Here now." Without thinking, he stepped a little closer to the pond and knelt to be closer to her level, already fishing for a handkerchief. He tried for a smile--and tried to keep a bit of his accent from his voice as he murmured, "I've always envied how most young ladies seem to cling to beauty even when weeping. But I think it's too lovely a night for that, don't you?"

visualspice

Gavriella stiffened. How had she not hear someone approach!? Fear constricted her throat as she jerked away suddenly- and nearly fell into the pond as she tried to scrambled in gathering up her wits about her.

DragonSong

"Whoa, steady on!"

Again without thinking, Mikahil shot one arm out to grab her around the waist, standing smoothly and stepping back in the same motion to pull her away from the water.

Which resulted with him holding her against his chest. Prooooobably not very appropriate.

Well...she was quite a pretty thing, he noticed as he looked down at her, icy blue eyes a little wide. Damn. He'd been determined to dislike her on sight.

He chuckled a little sheepishly and dropped his arm, though he didn't step back. "Are you quite alright, my lady?"

visualspice

How was she supposed to answer that. Once moment she was frantic and nearly tossing her own self into the pond, the next she was pressed against the man's warm chest- an intimate detail that heated her own cheeks.

She found it hard to swallow as she looked back into his blue eyes and realized she had no idea who this stranger even was. Or what he was doing out here in the gardens, but the look he was giving her....

Her face felt hotter than fire, she swore, and hoped to god he couldn't feel the heat like she could feel his through their clothing.

"I-" she stammered, still not quite sure what to say. "Th.. thank you." She guessed. That was the proper thing to say, right? But even still, a hand pressed to his chest- They were...
a bit too intimately close and...
It would be rude of her station to simply push the man that just saved her off of herself but....

He looked...
different. A little.. exotic almost. She had to wonder if he had mixed blood.

And then she realized she must be staring.

"I think I'm fine."

Well that was a lame reply. She felt...
even ashamed to reply that way.
She thought she was fine? What did that even mean!?

DragonSong

Mikhail's brow crinkled as he watched her. Gods but she wore her every emotion on her face; she must not come to court often.

He smiled, hoping the expression was reassuring. "You think?" he murmured, lightly teasing but with a hint of genuine concern in his voice and eyes. "My lady, if you are unwell I would be happy to escort you to..."

He trailed off, looking around, then back to her with that sheepish grin. It made him look younger, boyish. "I'm afraid I'm not quite sure where would be appropriate. Are you here with an envoy? Family?"

Stars but she really was still quite close, wasn't she? She still had her hand to his chest...

Oh. Oh no.

This...could be rather inconvenient.

Tags: