Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

As We Dance Through the Storm

Started by visualspice, April 30, 2017, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Zannrick smacked her swing back, sharply defending making it almost seem like she could have gotten through. But his moves were quick, years of practicing already under his belt, before he slid his blade roughly across hers in a push to keep her back.

"Come at me when you know the difference, but I have a feeling you're inexperienced in both. Of course we're here to defend our lives and many more, but do you honestly think battles are limited to the field?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

"Do I look like someone who would ever attend a ball?" she growled back, feeling his strength begin to force her backwards. "I'm a former farmgirl turned Mordecai from Grover's Hollow not some prissy, pretty-face from a monied family like you!" She grunted as he succeeded in fully knocking her back, their blades ringing as they broke apart from each other. Alanna landed on her rear with a grunt while scrambling to raise her blade to protect herself from a possible oncoming assault.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

And there was an oncoming assault as Zannrick wanted to keep her down. He event put his whole weight into it as she snarled.
"Yes, it's already been established you're poor as dirt. But even a sorry sod like you was blessed by Ansgar." He smacked at her blade before pulling back to let her finally have the chance to get off of the dirt. "Stop shaming yourself. Or biting into your title. I've acquired my skills from practice alone, and once you stop keeping yourself back where you've come, you'll be be able to stand and grow strong, and be worthy at the end of my blade."

No, this was insulting, and he lowered his blade with a glare.

"You need washed up." He wasn't about to have some damn apprentice follow him like a lost dog looking like some mutt. "Get yourself out of the dirt and bathe, girl."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

His words stung. Alanna was used to people putting her down and demeaning her perhaps even to the point of believing it all herself. But, hearing him say that she essentially should take more pride in what she was, hurt. She had always been proud to be a Lowe and a Mordecai. Even coming from the poor farmland of Grover's Hollow meant something to her and she took pride in that too despite what it may have meant for others.

Instead of pulling herself from the dirt she merely moved up to her knees and rested there with her palms on her thighs. "And how do you propose I do that, sir," she all but spat, "when I am not permitted to go anywhere where you yourself are not present. If I am to bathe then you must be there bathing. If I am to sleep then you must be there sleeping. Commander made it quite clear that whatever you do, I must do and nothing else."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

At least the woman followed instructions- to some degree, or she wouldn't have come here. Had she kept her temper in check, and followed instructions before as she did now, they both wouldn't be here and be punished. He had to wonder what he had done to deserve this, but did it matter now?

His eyes narrowed poisonously.
"I will not keep a dirty peasant. Get up. We're going to bathe." Even if he wasn't in need of a bath, he'd shove her into the waters himself if he had to to scrub off that piss poor attitude from her as well.

GoblinFae

Alanna was on her feet again quickly. She paused in following his orders, only to replace her blade back to where she had gotten it from. Once that was done though she was quick to follow him if only a half-step behind and to the side. Alanna kept her head down as they went, her face impassive as she endured the stares and murmured comments once they had passed by the other soldiers. All she cared about though was getting through her training in one piece. Her mouthing-off incident would not be her first indiscretion, of that she was nearly positive but at least if she played along long enough they would let her be and finally train her properly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Not all barracks could boast what amenities this one offered, but the duchy of Allar spared no expense when it came to their mordecai. It was with good reasons they were known for bringing in the strongest haul and the most in numbers. This one was no exception, as Zannrick lead the woman through the halls and towards an area clearly noted as The Bathing House.

It wasn't just a place to wash up with simple copper baths in whcih one scrubbed, for as Zannrick opened the door and lead the woman inside, she'd see there was an entire pool laid before them, steaming gently from a fire pit brewing beneath it- and it was large enough to fit a good many men within it- though none of which occupied it at the moment. It was a communal bath, none for men or women, but both. Mordecai were seen as equal partners in this war, and equals as soldiers. One had to wonder if places like these were meant to have the females breeding witht he men here- after all, it put them in such a vulnerable position. That of which Alanna would soon find out.

He didn't wait to give her any orders, but began to clip off his heavy armor, unlacing boots and setting them neatly aside. No doubt her undressing would be much easier than his, and he paused to steal a peak her way- just to be certain she was... well, obliging.

GoblinFae

She entered behind him, pausing only for a moment to eye the water warily before finally shrugging to herself and stepping further into the room. The thought of Zannrick possibly taking advantage of her never even crossed her mind, though the same could not be said of other men. Her mentor had a stick too far up his rear in her opinion to do anything dishonorable. Besides, Alanna had grown up with brothers and had often gone swimming nude with them and without a care in the world.

A heartbeat after Zannrick started, Alanna made quick work of divesting herself her clothing. Her clothes were neatly folded and placed in a pile beside her boots with care. She would wash them later as she had no current replacements with her. Alanna did not fancy the notion of wearing soaking wet clothing that revealed the entirety of her figure to every man in the barracks that dared look her way.

She was about to slip right into the inviting waters when she recalled her instructions to obey and follow Zannrick. Without him in the water she could not go in. Gritting her teeth, Alanna raised her head and squared her shoulders in a stance of attention, unwilling to allow her nakedness to embarrass her or get her into trouble.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Where she was prideful, so was he, keeping himself at a stance of indifference, even as he faced the naked woman before him. He picked up a soap bar nearest to him and tossed it her way. "Into the waters and scrub well," he told her, before moving to procure a bar for himself.

The waters weren't deep, but served their purpose well enough as he stepped in, glancing just once towards the doors as if to ensure the pair would be left alone. He didn't want to have to deal with the other men barking at a naked woman. It was bad enough he had to command her to bathe, and bathe along side her.

He was already working up a good, white soapy lather against his skin when he turned his attentions back to her and took in her body with scrutiny. For a woman, she needed some work. the bath would help plenty, but soap couldn't scrub out what was seething from her form. Pride. It could be poison. Perhaps he had it too, but this was meant to be her punishment, not his own. And he felt no remorse for his own pride. His, he felt, was at least well warranted. Her's? It was evidently barbaric.

"Be sure every inch is clean." The last thing he wanted to see was her soiling the bed linens on her first night, especially under his watch.

GoblinFae

Alanna slid into the water quietly, quickly going to work on herself. She was not oblivious to Zannrick's looks but she pretended she was as she kept her eyes to herself and scrubbed her skin until it was lobster red. Every nook and cranny was scrubbed to within an inch of its life from the places behind her ears to between her toes and under her nails. If Alanna was going to be forced to take a bath then she damn well was going to use it and enjoy it to get clean.

She did forget herself slightly as she tilted her head back and began to scrub her long fiery hair. A soft sigh of pleasure and a smile crept across her features as her eyes fluttered closed and her long mane was finally free of sweat and dirt. Bless Angsar it felt good to be clean!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

He didn't need the bath so much as he and was utilitarian about it. But the moment he heard her moan, he felt himself tense and the type of tension shift. And for the life of him he couldn't understand how nor why he gaped. Or how unfortunately warm his body felt.

Despite himself,  he was a man. A young one. And too high strung. But discipline crawled out from his staring numbness like a threatening hornet as he looked away and began to rinse himself off excessively.  Maybe the extra water would wash off the damn embarrassment presenting itself beneath the waters.

Once rinsed, he was quick to turn his back on her and wade over towards a folded towel, though he remained in the waters, he began to dry off his face, sighing into the towel as he did.

GoblinFae

Alanna wrung out her long locks of hair, thrilled to have scrapped off every bit of grime and ounce of displeasure at the day with it. When she opened her eyes though some of her earlier feelings returned like a fish to the face with the sight of her mentor's strong back facing her. With an unseen roll of her eyes and a deep sigh of irritation, she waded up beside him, elbows brushing his as the young woman reached forward to collect a towel of her own.

She wiped her face off first before bending forward over the edge of the communal bath so that she could wrap her fiery mane up to dry. As she twisted the fabric about, her head turned and she unintentionally caught sight of his soldier standing in partial salute. Alanna blinked but didn't allow her gaze to linger, although she did suddenly note how her position caused her ample chest to hang and with her hair now contained, the curve her back was on full display.

'So much for unaffected.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

He wouldn't look. No, he wasn't.
At least that's what Zannrick kept telling himself. But against his own will, he caught himself catching a few long glances at her form.

He stepped out of the water, letting the cool air hit his wet form, the towel still dabbing away at the water of his face before he began to scrunch it through his hair.

"Good, you're clean enough. Now be sure to dry well. It would hardly do to slip into clothes with half the bathe soaking it from your hair."
He tossed a second towel at her.

She had so much hair she was a lion. The look he gave her now was near a sneer.

"Hurry up. We mustn't waste more time."
And he moved away to towel the rest of himself off as he stood before a fresh press of clothes. When he felt he was sufficiently dry, only then did he set his towel aside and begin to slip into his unbutton collared shirt and reach for his leggings.

GoblinFae

And then he had to go and open his damn mouth. Her eyes flashed with seething fury that she kept barely contained by biting her tongue hard enough to draw blood. The pain may have temporarily gave her caution, the copper taste though made her fiery-temper flare back all the stronger.

"I am not a child sir. I am more than capable of understanding the concepts of cleanliness and drying oneself. What's next? Going to instruct me how to put clothes on my person as if I have not done so for many years now? Or do you assume learned at your dimwitted pace, sir?"

Alanna huffed, dragging herself fully out of the water and using the second towel to quickly dry the rest of herself off. She dressed quickly before finally allowing her voluminous mane of hair free of the towel and throwing the sopping thing right into Zannrick's face. If she was lucky perhaps the man would drown from so little water.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Zannrick was already dressed in his tunic and pants when the sopping when towel was thrown into his face, plastering to it and suctioning good, soapy and tight. Growling, he ripped the thing off and cast the towel aside, thick waters from the towel now forced his shirt ,and parts of his pants, to stick to his muscled skin beneath.

He immediately snapped at her, grabbing onto her arm roughly, teeth bared.

"What do you think you're doing?" He growled, his once towel dried hair a dribbling mess about his face.

GoblinFae

Alanna didn't even bat at an eye at his outburst. She shook her arm loose instead and began the task of unwrapping her hair to section it for braiding into one long ginger rope. "Clearly treating people the way they treat others, sir. Do onto others as you'd have them do onto you sound familiar? No? Most be all your time spent on your back rather than your knees then."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

The anger inside well up like a bubbling and poisonous acid pool. How dare she speak to him that way. He could have slapped her, hit her and it almost seemed like he would, hand clenched and tensed, have raised at his side. Instead, he picked up her sop of a towel and returned the favor in kind.

"No messing around, " he told her as a growl through his teeth. "Now present yourself so I can dismiss you from the bath. "

GoblinFae

Alanna crossed her arms over her chest, hip cocking to the side some as a pale brow raised in disbelief and disgust. "Dismiss me? Seriously? I'm still stuck with you after this. What is even the point, sir?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Zannrick hated that that statement was fact, but ground his teeth anyway. 

"We have procedures here, rules to follow, no matter your view of them. And you'd do best to mind your tongue. Your rank doesn't allow for such casual phrasing and disregard for order. "

GoblinFae

"And I am following those procedures, sir. I cannot be dismissed, so I cannot present myself for dismissal. I have followed every one of your orders and respectfully," she stated with venom that felt anything but respectful, "await your next orders and direction, sir."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]