Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: As We Dance Through the Storm  (Read 241 times)

Offline Spicyspice

Re: As We Dance Through the Storm
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »
Zannrick smacked her swing back, sharply defending making it almost seem like she could have gotten through. But his moves were quick, years of practicing already under his belt, before he slid his blade roughly across hers in a push to keep her back.

"Come at me when you know the difference, but I have a feeling you're inexperienced in both. Of course we're here to defend our lives and many more, but do you honestly think battles are limited to the field?"
Hey, I just met you. And this is crazy, but here's my characters. Let's roleplay, maybe?
Aella// Calent // Ellarrah // Seven // Killian // Eve // Miersck// Melora// Zarrah// Dekka// Katahnia// Zannrick// Ravin// Feni'tat//Aelith//Draven// Valia //Artemis // Su-lahna //Trest// Victoria // Sah-lora// Ayden// Jayo //Megrin //Tah-leen // Devaniée // Rain // Ophen // Rezvek // Jinai // Amalin // Blaith // Kella // Averella // Layana // The Scarlet Bird // Jarrett // Denera and Diora // Selaina //Arrick // Sebastian // Ne'friss // Namia // Pao // Iyla // Krah // Dylanna // Angel // Renna // Valeska // Katoma // Leif // Vesrik // Attalia // Davina // Davishire // Edward // Kentamin  // Winifred // Ania // Jack // Aurora // Mae'leena // Igna // Jai'un // Ashai // Ehvren // Liana // Brynhalla // Evelyn // Persea // Harmanaija // Ihlsep // Red Sun // Aïda // Clint // Helaina // Starlight // Candy // Beatrice // Ninn // The Gambler!! // Opus Dey // Khanna Dey // Danning //Oska // Giya // Dao'bachpa // Vernada // Mirajah // Phone// Vels // Cullen // Petrin // Hay-Gee // Jace // Aezaentii //Gavriella // Hope // Mehtwald // Dahnny // Shay
 // Audress // Dornsley //Fluke // Mellesta // Arabella

Wanna be a Sand Pirate? Click for more info!
Check out my Guilds: Ladies of the Night, The Mountain Cats and The Blood Wardens.

Check out my art! (on deviant art)
or at my SOTE Art Thread!
All artwork you see in my sig. and avatar were created by me.

I'm plotting a civil war in Connlaoth!  A war against mages! For more info, check it out here: Here
I'm also running a slave uprising event in Essyrn. More info can be found here.
A list of my open characters can be found here and an open thread list here.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »
"Do I look like someone who would ever attend a ball?" she growled back, feeling his strength begin to force her backwards. "I'm a former farmgirl turned Mordecai from Grover's Hollow not some prissy, pretty-face from a monied family like you!" She grunted as he succeeded in fully knocking her back, their blades ringing as they broke apart from each other. Alanna landed on her rear with a grunt while scrambling to raise her blade to protect herself from a possible oncoming assault.

Offline Spicyspice

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »
And there was an oncoming assault as Zannrick wanted to keep her down. He event put his whole weight into it as she snarled.
"Yes, it's already been established you're poor as dirt. But even a sorry sod like you was blessed by Ansgar." He smacked at her blade before pulling back to let her finally have the chance to get off of the dirt. "Stop shaming yourself. Or biting into your title. I've acquired my skills from practice alone, and once you stop keeping yourself back where you've come, you'll be be able to stand and grow strong, and be worthy at the end of my blade."

No, this was insulting, and he lowered his blade with a glare.

"You need washed up." He wasn't about to have some damn apprentice follow him like a lost dog looking like some mutt. "Get yourself out of the dirt and bathe, girl."
Hey, I just met you. And this is crazy, but here's my characters. Let's roleplay, maybe?
Aella// Calent // Ellarrah // Seven // Killian // Eve // Miersck// Melora// Zarrah// Dekka// Katahnia// Zannrick// Ravin// Feni'tat//Aelith//Draven// Valia //Artemis // Su-lahna //Trest// Victoria // Sah-lora// Ayden// Jayo //Megrin //Tah-leen // Devaniée // Rain // Ophen // Rezvek // Jinai // Amalin // Blaith // Kella // Averella // Layana // The Scarlet Bird // Jarrett // Denera and Diora // Selaina //Arrick // Sebastian // Ne'friss // Namia // Pao // Iyla // Krah // Dylanna // Angel // Renna // Valeska // Katoma // Leif // Vesrik // Attalia // Davina // Davishire // Edward // Kentamin  // Winifred // Ania // Jack // Aurora // Mae'leena // Igna // Jai'un // Ashai // Ehvren // Liana // Brynhalla // Evelyn // Persea // Harmanaija // Ihlsep // Red Sun // Aïda // Clint // Helaina // Starlight // Candy // Beatrice // Ninn // The Gambler!! // Opus Dey // Khanna Dey // Danning //Oska // Giya // Dao'bachpa // Vernada // Mirajah // Phone// Vels // Cullen // Petrin // Hay-Gee // Jace // Aezaentii //Gavriella // Hope // Mehtwald // Dahnny // Shay

Check out my Guilds: Ladies of the Night, The Mountain Cats and The Blood Wardens.

I'm plotting a civil war in Connlaoth!  A war against mages! For more info, check it out here: Here

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:53 PM »
His words stung. Alanna was used to people putting her down and demeaning her perhaps even to the point of believing it all herself. But, hearing him say that she essentially should take more pride in what she was, hurt. She had always been proud to be a Lowe and a Mordecai. Even coming from the poor farmland of Grover's Hollow meant something to her and she took pride in that too despite what it may have meant for others.

Instead of pulling herself from the dirt she merely moved up to her knees and rested there with her palms on her thighs. "And how do you propose I do that, sir," she all but spat, "when I am not permitted to go anywhere where you yourself are not present. If I am to bathe then you must be there bathing. If I am to sleep then you must be there sleeping. Commander made it quite clear that whatever you do, I must do and nothing else."

Offline Spicyspice

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 12:35:58 AM »
At least the woman followed instructions- to some degree, or she wouldn't have come here. Had she kept her temper in check, and followed instructions before as she did now, they both wouldn't be here and be punished. He had to wonder what he had done to deserve this, but did it matter now?

His eyes narrowed poisonously.
"I will not keep a dirty peasant. Get up. We're going to bathe." Even if he wasn't in need of a bath, he'd shove her into the waters himself if he had to to scrub off that piss poor attitude from her as well.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 06:07:29 PM »
Alanna was on her feet again quickly. She paused in following his orders, only to replace her blade back to where she had gotten it from. Once that was done though she was quick to follow him if only a half-step behind and to the side. Alanna kept her head down as they went, her face impassive as she endured the stares and murmured comments once they had passed by the other soldiers. All she cared about though was getting through her training in one piece. Her mouthing-off incident would not be her first indiscretion, of that she was nearly positive but at least if she played along long enough they would let her be and finally train her properly.

Offline Spicyspice

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 04:28:42 PM »
Not all barracks could boast what amenities this one offered, but the duchy of Allar spared no expense when it came to their mordecai. It was with good reasons they were known for bringing in the strongest haul and the most in numbers. This one was no exception, as Zannrick lead the woman through the halls and towards an area clearly noted as The Bathing House.

It wasn't just a place to wash up with simple copper baths in whcih one scrubbed, for as Zannrick opened the door and lead the woman inside, she'd see there was an entire pool laid before them, steaming gently from a fire pit brewing beneath it- and it was large enough to fit a good many men within it- though none of which occupied it at the moment. It was a communal bath, none for men or women, but both. Mordecai were seen as equal partners in this war, and equals as soldiers. One had to wonder if places like these were meant to have the females breeding witht he men here- after all, it put them in such a vulnerable position. That of which Alanna would soon find out.

He didn't wait to give her any orders, but began to clip off his heavy armor, unlacing boots and setting them neatly aside. No doubt her undressing would be much easier than his, and he paused to steal a peak her way- just to be certain she was... well, obliging.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
She entered behind him, pausing only for a moment to eye the water warily before finally shrugging to herself and stepping further into the room. The thought of Zannrick possibly taking advantage of her never even crossed her mind, though the same could not be said of other men. Her mentor had a stick too far up his rear in her opinion to do anything dishonorable. Besides, Alanna had grown up with brothers and had often gone swimming nude with them and without a care in the world.

A heartbeat after Zannrick started, Alanna made quick work of divesting herself her clothing. Her clothes were neatly folded and placed in a pile beside her boots with care. She would wash them later as she had no current replacements with her. Alanna did not fancy the notion of wearing soaking wet clothing that revealed the entirety of her figure to every man in the barracks that dared look her way.

She was about to slip right into the inviting waters when she recalled her instructions to obey and follow Zannrick. Without him in the water she could not go in. Gritting her teeth, Alanna raised her head and squared her shoulders in a stance of attention, unwilling to allow her nakedness to embarrass her or get her into trouble.

Offline Spicyspice

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
Where she was prideful, so was he, keeping himself at a stance of indifference, even as he faced the naked woman before him. He picked up a soap bar nearest to him and tossed it her way. "Into the waters and scrub well," he told her, before moving to procure a bar for himself.

The waters weren't deep, but served their purpose well enough as he stepped in, glancing just once towards the doors as if to ensure the pair would be left alone. He didn't want to have to deal with the other men barking at a naked woman. It was bad enough he had to command her to bathe, and bathe along side her.

He was already working up a good, white soapy lather against his skin when he turned his attentions back to her and took in her body with scrutiny. For a woman, she needed some work. the bath would help plenty, but soap couldn't scrub out what was seething from her form. Pride. It could be poison. Perhaps he had it too, but this was meant to be her punishment, not his own. And he felt no remorse for his own pride. His, he felt, was at least well warranted. Her's? It was evidently barbaric.

"Be sure every inch is clean." The last thing he wanted to see was her soiling the bed linens on her first night, especially under his watch.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
Alanna slid into the water quietly, quickly going to work on herself. She was not oblivious to Zannrick's looks but she pretended she was as she kept her eyes to herself and scrubbed her skin until it was lobster red. Every nook and cranny was scrubbed to within an inch of its life from the places behind her ears to between her toes and under her nails. If Alanna was going to be forced to take a bath then she damn well was going to use it and enjoy it to get clean.

She did forget herself slightly as she tilted her head back and began to scrub her long fiery hair. A soft sigh of pleasure and a smile crept across her features as her eyes fluttered closed and her long mane was finally free of sweat and dirt. Bless Angsar it felt good to be clean!