Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Undaunting Duals

Started by Boosh_Ant, May 03, 2017, 10:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boosh_Ant

The man did not object to the rouge sitting besides the fire, in fact, it almost seemed as if he welcomed him. The fire blazed along, the hearty warmth open to another member of unknown history. All the while, the man listened to the raspy verses of the rouge before him.

The man exhaled, his shoulders slumping over, "The reason why I am here? I simply travel, sightseeing perhaps."

The man hummed ever so slightly, his dull and monotone voice contrasting with the rather positive wanderlust, "Much of the villages that rest are in ruins, its very body, destroyed. It would be a shame to see the once jubilant life rot in poverty. I suppose that is another reason why I travel."

The man turned his head, staring at the rouge, "I suppose you are here to simply massacre any "evildoers" in your vigilante crusade. Am I wrong, or should I have worded it differently?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Odd thing to see, ruins." The man in the overcoat said, quite simply. "Not much to see but the leftovers...and the rats who feed off it.

He was referring to bandits mostly. Many times he had ventured amongst ruins he had almost always encountered brigands of sorts.

"Call them what you will, but some people in this world are just irredeemable." the man in the overcoat continued. "And it is not their crime that makes them irredeemable, it is their intent.""

He reached into his inner coat pocket and pulled out a knife. He slide his gloved hand across the broad side of it, it was quite rusted, but the man was staring at it, looking at it like it was a mirror. "Some people just want to see the world burn...and others are too busy burning it to stop them..."

Boosh_Ant

The man hummed curiously as he listened to the rouge's gritting rasp. His torn red cloak flapping ever so in the wind. His bronzed mask shone in the firelight.

The man picked up a stick from the side, jabbing at the hearth with it. His armor rustled ever so slightly as he continued to repeat the same action over and over. The man stared at the rouge.

"You must know, there are more to this ideal that you seek to destroy than simple banditry yes?" Brande questioned, "Clerics, nobles, and all the more. They all have the same ideals. How will you catch them?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Same way I do the as the rest of them: the roads." The man in the overcoat said as he played with his knife. "I've taken my fair share of the nobility and so-called pious alike, and they're no differnt then the rest of them...they go the same way as they all do."

He didn't say how, but many times he didn't have to. The noose on his belt explained it all.

Boosh_Ant

The man sat back onto his end, sighing. His gaze turned back into the fire, the pits of his eyes once brimming with curiosity has now dulled. The man shuffled slightly, adjusting his posture.

"You are a man of your trade, I will not indulge your profession with my curiosity no longer." spoke the man, his voice lonesome and monotone. "I will be simply heading to the next village in order to gain my bearings once more. Perhaps some company would do well for me hm?"

The blade shined amongst itself, boredom arises.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"You are impressive in a fight...I would not mind the company of one such as yourself." The man in the overcoat said as he put the knife away into his overcoat.

His gaze returned to the fire, he stared into it, as if there was some sort of secret within the blooming red fire.

"What are your plans when you reach the next village?" asked the man in the overcoat, still focused on the fire.

Boosh_Ant

"My plans, simple as the clearest sky. I shall head to the next village, and gain bearings, help out those who require assistance, and leave. That is all." spoke the man. "Alas, it is not my skill that wins these battles, it is the war I wage on their minds. That and I am invincible to the common blade and blunt."

The man picked up his book once more as he began to read from it. His mask now focused upon the scribbles in the book.

"I suppose we leave when dawn breaks? At least that way any brigands we find along won't evade our already blinded eyes." The man asked.

The blade sat there, resting itself, anticipating the next massacre.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Admirable" The man in the overcoat said, but he never shifted his gaze. "Dawn would be a good time to depart then..."

The man in the overcoat would seemingly stare into the fire for the rest of night,  seated in the same position for the rest of the night.

Boosh_Ant

As both of them settled for the night, the rustle of bushes could be heard. The once cool atmosphere, now the caravan for the lust of blood drenched gold and battle. The rasp of the blade could be heard in the distance.

Brande looked up from his book, gently closing the rather extravagant cover, "It seems they found us first, the firelight welcomes not only those who seek a sanctuary for the night but also those who wish to destroy it."

Several Arrows shot out of the bushes, coming straight for them both.

The sword radiates with a sadistic cruelty, its wish for wanton havoc granted.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The man in the overcoat reacted, rolling out of the way of the arrow fire.

He rolled onto his stomach, searching the foliage for the enemy. Didn't take him long to spot one in a tree, as he quickly got to his feat.

Seemed like said archer saw him, as he tried to get down from the tree, the man threw a knife at where the archer was going to land. It hit him stright in the chest, as the archer feel over bleeding.

"Watch the trees." Otto yelled as he rolled over to a tree, a knife in hand.

Boosh_Ant

The man sighed as he stood up, grunting as he used his massive sword as a crutch. As he stood up, arrows peppered his body, all of them either bouncing off his armor or getting stuck in the riveted mail he wore. The man stood up to his full height, his gaze focused on several brigands stepping out of the bush.

Brande rolled his shoulder, his armor shifting as he did. He raised his sword, leaning it on his cauldron within the well worn niche.

He hummed ever so slightly, "And so they discover our little sanctuary first. A shame, they wish to serve as fodder for the ever growing ragelust of my blade?"

Brande brought his sword down on one of the brigands, the man before him easily dodging to the side. The brigand brought his dagger at Brande's throat. His arm was suddenly latched onto a wrap by Brande. He was lifted up and slammed head first into the ground, breaking his nose and damaging his neck in the process.

The brigand tumbled over as his companions rushed in to assist the fallen comrade. Brande faced his body towards the two as they charged. The man raised his sword, cleaving it horizontally towards the bandit.

The blade swung, a massive arc, destroying everything in its path.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Otto threw the knife in his hand, before pulling out another one and slashed at a bandit's throat, who had hopped out of the nearby bushes.

As the bandit fell over backwards, gurgling in his own blood, Otto began to skirt backwards, back towards the big man, dodging incoming arrows.

Catching a glance at the big man as his blade tore off the bandit's body parts, he remarked. "Your blade seems to be drinking up the blood. Is it a relic of magic?"

Otto normally didn't make small talk in battle, but he figured these bandits were not as challenging as any of the ones he had faced before, a little small talk might make things a bit interesting.

Boosh_Ant

The blade crashed against the right brigand's sword, the weight of the blade breaking past his one handed block and slamming his blade along with the force of the great sword into his side. The sword entered the brigand's side, burrowing into his stomach and sending him flying into the bandit next to him.

As the two clattered over, one bleeding profusely, a saving grace unwelcome to him. Brande yanked back his sword, letting it crash to the ground besides him. The blade glistened, shadowed by blood, yet gleamed so gloriously in the morning light. Brande grunted, slowly lifting the blade onto his shoulder, resting it within the well worn niche.

The man turned his head to the rouge, staring at him. The rest of the assaulting bandits had fled into the forest, most of them having been slain in combat. The man sighed to himself, his hand reaching up to adjust his mask.

"Magical Relic, cursed weapon of destruction, blade of unwieldy power," The man spoke. "It is nothing but a reminder and anchor of my past, that is all."

The man turned his body around, glancing around the once again quiet forest once more. "It seems we should make haste, for the brigands of these luscious greens will surely impede our time of arrival."

The man spun his body, heading off, in the complete opposite direction of his intended destination.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Otto watched as the big man moved into the forest.

Otto said nothing as he quietly followed, quickly catching up to the big man.

"Where are we traveling to, the village is in the other direction." Otto asked.

It was true, Otto wasen't in a hurry to travel to said village, but he knew the big man was. Maybe this was simply to throw off the bandits, move them away from the village and then lose them later?...

Boosh_Ant

The man paused, his head turning. The shadowed mask, its glare reverted. He glanced at the rouge, wondering what gibberish he spoke.

"This is the way is it not?" asked the man of armor, his voice yielding a tone of much needed confusion.

The man thought once more, realizing a single fact.

"Ah blast it, my sense of direction is once more my failure." said the man, annoyed at his rather silly predicament.

The man glanced around, eventually figuring out the right direction to head towards. His steps, audible as he began walking. The man exhaled, raising a hand to adjust his mask.

The blade gleamed, a sated gullet.Yet, a nagging boredom.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Ah, I see." The man in the overcoat said, a bit miffed. "um, happens to the best of us..."

Otto then put his knife away, before his hands went into his pockets, following after the big man before catching up to the point where he was walking side by side with the big man.

"That mask must be difficult to see through." Otto suddenly said, after a bit of walking. "We all wear a mask for a reason...why do you wear yours?"

Boosh_Ant

The man trudged along, his steps audible amongst the quiet forest. The rouge's curious question perking his interest.

"My mask?" asked the man. "Such question is asked many times of I."

The man glanced backwards at the rouge, "Whether one may think it is a relic of power or a simple fashion statement, it is merely reminiscence of the past where I come from."

The man huffed, "Now, my sense of misdirection is wasting time, it is best that we hurry along."

The blade gleamed, a sense of urgency amidst the bloodlust.

Tags: