Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Rude Awakening (P)(Eck)

Started by Blink, May 04, 2017, 09:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

To say she was thrown off by Hildegarde's offer was an understatement. The young dragoness stared at the outstretched hand before her and weighed her options. "A friend?" she thought. The title itself something Kaida had dismissed as useless years ago.

Kaida had no friends, nor did she ever think of needing one. Did she have allys? Yes. Jaela for example was a close ally in her cause, probably the closest thing to a friend Kaida ever had or ever would have. This was where her true nature took place, friends something useless to a dragon with as many years left as hers.

"I do not keep friends" she stated, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned back in the chair. Of course, she wasn't meaning to be rude but to accept this friendship would be a lie. It would go against everything Kaida stood for.

"However...." she let her words fall as she thought once more on the offer. "... an ally would be nice." Kaida even tried to muster a smile, keeping her arms folded in front of her.

"And as for my unhappiness... I like to think of it as Karma. Some may even title it a punishment by their gods, or misfortune. I have lived many years and throughout those years I have learned that eventually everything has its way of coming back around. I embrace my unhappiness as it means I am on the right path now." For once Kaida's true age was reflected, the wisdom most thought impossible to be carried by her evident with each word.

"So I must decline your offer and instead give one of my own. I will be your ally and as your ally you can rest knowing that if you need me, should it not interfere with my own doings, then I will be there. I will not try to attack you or kill you or do anything to personally ruin you." again Kaida fell silent as she let her words fall, her mood switching in an instant. "But it also means that if you gave me reason, I would not hesitate to try and kill you without batting an eye."

And then she was laughing, almost like how Hildegarde did when she thought of something sinister. "It's simply politics.."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde's inner calm finally broke when the dragon refused her handshake. "Insolent piece of shit! Who do you think you are? Not your sister, that's for sure! Ten seconds! That's all it would take for me kill you. You are nothing to me! Nothing! How dare you sit there with that expression on your face?" Her face betrayed no emotion, and Hildegarde's grin remained as she slowly withdrew her hand. "Now I understand why you like Eckhart so much- you are exactly like he is."

Her expression softened slightly as Kaida expressed her desired to remain her "ally". "How much pride did you have to swallow to admit that?" She laughed with the girl at her remark about politics, although it was more at the fact that Kaida believed she would be capable of killing her. "Ten seconds, bitch. Ten seconds."

"Well then, I accept your offer." Hildegarde said. She moved as if to curtsy, but stopped when she realized she was in her pajamas and not her dress. She groaned, embarrassed. "Ugh, I'm exhausted. I need to get some sleep." She turned around and walked back into her room. "I'll see you around." she said before adjusting the door back into place behind her.

As she got back into bed, Hildegarde felt uneasy. "Nothing good will come of any of this. I can feel it."

Tags: