Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At first she didnt hear him, but when she did she jerked awake and rushed to the door. Since she slept in her clothes, she was already to go.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I must have over slept!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin blinked, then laughed lightly, reaching out unthinkingly to ruffle her bedhead. "S'alright, it happens. And it's technically your first day, so I'll cut you some slack."

He stepped back, nodding down the hall. "C'mon then, let's get some food in you before we get started."

visualspice

Vels was rubbing the sleep from her eyes when he ruffled her hair. She blushed, a hand finding awkward stay stands jutting out from her head.  She found herself using her fingers as a comb, and winced when she hit a knot.

At the mention of food, her stomach growled. She placed a hand over her stomach and blushed again.
"I'm still not used to all this... like food being so easy to get."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He glanced at her again as he led them back toward the kitchens. "Well, food is just the start of things, I wager. We're also gonna need to get you some proper equipment for working with the hawks."

He looked her up and down, then added with a flicker of a grin, "Maybe some new clothes as well. Those...look like they've seen better days."

visualspice

Proper equipment sounded like a good idea. But then he mentioned her clothing and she made a face.
"It's not like I own a wardrobe. " it was all she got!

DragonSong

Gavin chuckled again. "I figured, kid. There should be something you can borrow from one of the scullery girls until we can get you proper working clothes."

visualspice

Vels shot him a glare.
"Kid? How old do you think I am?" She didn't like the fact he presumed she was just some child. She studied his face. He couldn't be that old, either... could he?

DragonSong

"You can't be older than eighteen," Gavin replied blandly. "Which makes you a kid to me. Suppose you'll have to get used to it."

visualspice

Vels was shocked how accurate he was. She closed her lips firmly to keep herself from gaping.
"Well, you can't be more than in your twenties!" Came her haughty retort.  So he couldn't be that much older than her.. right?

DragonSong

"Oh, I wish!" Gavin laughed again, shooting her a quick, wry grin. "Well into my thirtieth year, actually. So nearly twice your age, by my rough guess."

He patted her head lightly. "Now mind your elders. And step lively, we've got work to get done."

visualspice

Vels felt ridiculous. Not only did she believe this man was only a few years older than her, turns out he was nearly a decade her senior!
She wasn't sure WHY this made her feel so awkward as she moved uneasily beside him, and found herself needing to look away, face flush deep scarlet.
She hated the fact even her ears burned. She fussed over her hair, as if that would hide the blush.

DragonSong

Either not noticing her sudden fluster or choosing to ignore it, Gavin whistled quietly to himself  as he first led Vels into the scullery--where he begged the head maid for an extra set of clothes for the girl--then back through the manor to the aerie.

visualspice

By the time they made it to the aerie, she felt much better. It was a silly, simple mistake and after all- he was still Gavin. He was so nice to her. It was still strange. So she said nothing as she stood beside him, eyes distant with thought.

DragonSong

Gavin pulled on his falconer's glove, passing the paste he'd lent to Vels before over to her with a bright, "You're gonna want that, lass."

He raised his hand and whistled, and in a flutter of gray and brown feathers Smoke was perched on his wrist. "Alright. How much do you remember from what I told you yesterday?" he asked, not really expecting her to remember much of anything—it had been something of a stressful day.