Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Row Boat Wars

Started by visualspice, May 05, 2017, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Cinnabar

A man by the name Crampas was about as old as dirt, and perhaps as faithful as it, but he was also as muted, too.  He himself, was unassuming in nature, being a man with a peg leg and a bad back, weighing barely over 50 lbs and adorning a long, wispy white beard. There was more hair on his chin than growing on his bald head, which was wrinkled and well speckled with spots from age.

Clearly Crampas was too old for anything conniving, and that's exactly what made the 70 year old quite valuable to the Blood Wardens. Although the man suffered on occasional boughts of dementia,  his heart was true, as was most of his information. Crampas had sons, and his sons had sons, and many of his family was well rooted into the military. He himself, had once been a great military leader of his past, but arthritic hands lamed any chances of him ever lifting a sword in the name of the crown.

But if the old man could spit on the Grand Duke, he certainly would! He follow Ansgarism to the 'A', regarding mages with pity, not fear- especially since he himself had sired many generations of mages as well! He himself, was no mage, but to see his granddaughters shipped off so mercilessly left little love towards the current Grand Duke- too bad no body ever paid much attention to the old man's angry prattles.

One man had, however, as James Cullen couldn't have even fathomed the benefit of the relationship forming from nearly a year ago. Now it seemed Crampas almost saw James like a son, and was using his own family as a means to leak knowledge back to the Blood Wardens-
And also, apparently, to The Red Legion as well.

Being so old, Crampas couldn't remember one rebel from the other, and hadn't realized that when he associated with a young lady named Maddison, that her rebel team wasn't the same as James Cullen's rebel association, and was trying to plan to meet the pair for a drop off of knowledge. Most precisely, he had a satchel full of letters, all of which held at least some amount of military intel. They were mostly discarded letters from soldiers writing home that just 'never made it' to their final destination. But even Crampas was well enough aware of what some of the letters held in value.

Had the old man's feeble mind been not so well known, Cullen may have caught on that the drop off was actually meant for another- and a woman, no doubt. But he blamed the inconsistencies on the man's failing mind, and chose to meet him out on Lake Athervann to collect these military letters. He just hoped Crampas would remember to come.

He was trusting Crampas's grandson, a potential new recruit into the blood wardens, but the boy was a bit too young for even Cullen to bring on board without guilt. So this was simply seen as a test. The young boy named Jent would bring old man Crampas out onto the lake. Row boats weren't too uncommon and in fact, were out on the lake quite a plenty that day. But the sun was setting and casting the lake over in a mild rainbow of orange shades that was too pretty to ignore.

Cullen had been admiring the view, coming quite early out on the water, that he wasn't entirely worried if the old man showed up or not. They both agreed to meet precisely in the middle of hte lake, and with the waning hours of daylight, all other row boats began to make their way towards shore. Sure, other fishermen who believed night fishing was the best time would be beginning to make their way across the great lake soon, but Cullen wasn't catching a bite. perhaps he should have tried some better means at fishing than a simple rod and no bait, but he wasn't really out on the water for this sort of a catch. And he was glad not too many were, either.

He'd worry for being the only boat out there as the stars were beginning to freckle the skies as the sun was closing it's eyes for the night, except he did see one other row boat making it's way and smirked. Looks like Crampas hadn't fallen asleep and Jent had gotten the old man out at such an hour. Hopefully no one would question it, but then again, if one knew Crampas, the old man held odd habits for one so old.

However, the closer the boat got to where his was bobbing upon the waters he began to realize it wasn't Crampas at all- and no other rowboats were even beginning to come his way. And as the boat neared, he saw it was a woman-
By herself.
And also seeming to scan the waters for something...
Or was it someone?

Cullen had been wearing a tricornered hat, which he lowered a bit on his head. Yes... the boat was definitely heading his way..... but why?
The woman was close enough for him to make eye contact as he tipped his hat to her, soft white wisps of smoke puffing up from his pipe.

"Lovely evening for a fish," he told her, giving a smirk behind his pipe.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bunbun

When the old man had met with Maddison and told her of the kind of information he had access to, it had seemed almost too good to be true. Even if most of the letters contained outdated or otherwise unusable information, anything that was usable could could be instrumental in turning the tides of a battle- perhaps even a war. The fact that he would be willing to give up such crucial information was sketchy to say the least, so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question to suggest that the whole thing might be a trap. After all, there were quite a few people out there who would want to take her out of the picture, and luring her out by herself like this would give them a pretty good opportunity to do so.

On the other hand, though, Crampas didn't exactly seem like the type of person to lie... or even bother trying to lie. From what Maddison had heard from some of the other people she'd met with, the man wasn't exactly silent when it came to his opinions on the Duke. Unless he was somehow being manipulated by someone else (which was technically possible, considering the unfortunate side effects that old age could have on one's mind) then she had little reason to believe that she was heading into an ambush.

She couldn't really risk missing the opportunity to get her hands on the letters, either. Not only could they provide potentially vital strategic information, but the fact that she would be willing to accept help from an ordinary citizen would hopefully serve as a message of sorts to the people of Connlaoth- that even if they couldn't serve in the fields of battle, there was still plenty they could do to help influence the war. The Red Legion would need any kind of help it could get if it was going to stand against the armies of the Duke. If going along with this meeting could help to achieve that, then she was more than willing to take a few risks, possibly at her own expense.

That being said, she would be lying if she said she wasn't at least a little bit nervous, paddling out there in her little rowboat. She was incredibly vulnerable in a place like this, not only because she was by herself, but also because there wasn't much she could do in self-defence. Naval combat definitely wasn't her specialty, especially not when it was done on a boat barely bigger than she was. She'd be in a lot of trouble if anything happened to the boat, that was for certain.

She tried to push those thoughts to the back of her mind as she made her way to the middle of the lake, passing a few other boats on the way. She couldn't afford to turn back now, to falter and lose the confidence of her troops, and possibly even the entirety of Connlaoth. They needed her to be strong, and that was exactly what she would do.

Eventually, she spotted another rowboat in the distance, floating in the spot where the meeting was supposed to take place. Maddison originally assumed that the person inside the boat was Crampas, but as she got closer and began to make out more details, it became increasingly obvious that it wasn't the person she had agreed to meet with. He was a lot younger, for starters, and was seemingly preoccupied with taking in the sunset and searching for fish. It was rather odd, considering that all the other fishermen she'd seen had already begun to head back to the shore. She couldn't be sure if he was an ally, or an enemy, or someone completely uninvolved. Instead, she simply pretended not to notice him; if he had business with her, then he would surely bring it up himself. Only when he starting talking to her would she acknowledge his existence.

"Hmm? Oh... I suppose it is. I've never actually learned how to fish, though."

Which was true- she'd never really had the chance to learn something like that. Come to think of it, she'd never learned how to swim, either. All of a sudden, the calm waters looked a lot more menacing to her, and she anxiously gave a few more glances around the lake. Where on earth was Crampas?

"What about you? Caught anything good yet?"

She didn't really care what the answer to that question was, but talking helped to pass the time... and keep her mind off of the water.

visualspice

Red head. The woman was a red head. He always liked red hair. He courted a young woman once with such hair, brilliant ringlets of red like the sunset- and a fiery personality to match, too. But a pretty face was something to be most cautious of, especially in times of war. He had found out that women were the best key players in such a game. Unassuming, out-shined and beautiful.

When she mentioned fish, she'd be able to see his white toothed smile in the dark as the smoke from his mouth dissipated.

"I haven't caught a single one." He gave a tap to the rod. "Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. But I heard the middle of the lake was the best place for a big catch."
He peered over at her own small boat, bobbing simply in the water and gestured with his chin.

"I don't see your rod. Aim to catch a few with your bare hands?" Again, he gave her a broad smile, a contrast of white to the shadows of the oncoming night.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bunbun

To many people, the man sitting in the other boat would most definitely be considered to be "attractive". This wasn't really the case when it came to Maddison, although it wasn't as if she thought he was unattractive- rather, she simply didn't have an opinion of him one way or the other. A while ago, she'd essentially taught herself to ignore the appearance of others in an attempt to keep herself from growing attached to anyone. She was a White Lily at one point, so forming relationships like that was frowned upon, to say the least. Even now, years after she'd left the Grand Duke's army, was still cautious of growing too fond of people.

...Although she had to admit that he had a pretty nice smile.

"Oh, no. I'm not out here to fish, and I'd rather not risk tipping the boat over by leaning over the edge. Though I'm sure that would be fun to watch."

Fun to watch, yes, but decidedly less fun for whoever was unfortunate to go overboard. Giving a slight frown, Maddison subtly pulled her arms inwards, slightly further from the water.

"I'm waiting for someone else to show up, actually. You don't mind if I wait here, do you? Hopefully I won't scare all the fish away... if there even are any out here."

visualspice

"Oh?" This time Cullen lifted his face up so she might have a better look, one brow was raised in question. "Meeting your boyfriend for a mid-night rendez-vous?" He looked around, grinning at the idea then up at the sky. "Seems a pretty romantic night. Wish I could say the same," he went on, tossing a wink her way.

"But now, my lady, I would never turn down being in the company of one so beautiful. And I doubt your presence would scare the fish away anymore than my own." But as he moved around to get a little more comfortable, his small boat rocking, he noticed how uncomfortable she felt in her own.

"I take it you're not a fan of water."
An odd thing for a young lady who was all alone and very much surrounded by it. Perhaps she was a mage? It would make sense. He'd have her back if that was the case. How unfortunate for her she'd need to meet her lover in this way. But ahh.. true love could be a beautiful thing. Too bad he never the time for it.

Bunbun

The mental image of Crampas being Maddison's "boyfriend" was... well, it was humorous, if nothing else. It wasn't as if she'd really had a chance to develop standards for herself, but even she knew that the old man was way out of her age range. It was odd to imagine herself being in a relationship with anyone, let alone someone who was more than twice as old as her. Stifling a chuckle, Maddison allowed a small to creep across her face before giving her reply.

"I think I may have given off the wrong impression. I don't have a boyfriend, or anything like that. This is more like... hmm. I guess you could call it a business meeting."

She decided not to explain why such a meeting had to take place in the middle of a lake, of all places- there was still a chance that this man couldn't be trusted with that kind of information, despite what his appearance and personality might suggest. In fact, now that she thought about it, maybe it would have been better to have gone along with the whole "boyfriend" thing.

Her smile faded as quickly as it had arrived as the man gave her a wink, followed shorty afterwards by a compliment. She never knew what to feel when people did stuff like that; it was sort of nice, in a way, but it also felt... weird. Thankfully, the conversation moved to a different topic before she had to think about it for too long.

"Well, I can't say I'm particularly fond of the idea of falling in. I'd imagine it would be very cold. And embarrassing."

And terrifying, she thought to herself.

visualspice

Even for a man trained so well in masking his face, it was hard for him not to get surprised by her reason for being there. Either she was timid in who she was actually meeting with,... or there was another trade off going on here that, for all rational, made him uneasy and have a gut feeling that...
Somehow, they were both meeting for the very same reason.

But then she went on about the bit of the water and he couldn't help but become charmed. Were he not careful, or not so paranoid, he might have considered toying with her a little and see if she wouldn't wnat to join him on his much 'safer' boat. But sharing a boat with the enemy...

Why the hell not?

"You know, if you're that scared of the water, you should have chose a better place to meet. And if you are that ashamed of your lover, perhaps you shouldn't have left yourself so open by being alone. After all, a single man might think it would be okay to begin with some flirtations, being he is the only man that he can see for at least a quarter mile in all this water. And, if you are not ashamed and there is no man to meet, perhaps I could persuade the fair lady to a date involving fishing and protecting her from the dangers of cold water," he went on, his grin oh so charming because, well, Cullen only knew how to be charming.

Bunbun

Maddison noted the man's reaction to her explanation as to why she was out on the lake. It seemed that he was caught off guard for some reason- maybe he knew about the meeting this whole time, and was just now realizing who she was? If that was the case, then he could very well be her enemy, simply waiting for his chance to sabotage her mission. She couldn't really afford to let her guard down now, but she also couldn't allow Crampas to meet with a potentially dangerous individual on his own. No, she would have to stay here, doing what she could to discern what this man's true intentions were.

"Hey. It wasn't exactly my idea to meet out here. And I never said I was afraid of water, did I? I said it would be cold, because it would be cold. I doubt you'd enjoy freezing half to death in the middle of the lake," she protested, but the way he was acting told her that he'd already caught on to her fear. His offer of protection clearly bothered her- what kind of commander was she if a simple thing like water was enough to best her? Not a very good one, surely.

"Do you do that with every woman you meet? Start trying to date her the second you find out she's not with anyone? If you're going to do that, you could at least introduce yourself first."

She averted her gaze from his shining grin, instead directing it out across the water. If he was expecting her to fall head over heels for him in a matter of seconds, he had another thing coming.

visualspice

Oh, he loved her type of woman. The playful, stubborn sort were always the best beneath the bed sheets.

"Thomas. Thomas West is my name, my lady," he went on, tipping his hat to her with one hand, the other, still keeping  a lazy grip on his fishing rod. "And forgive me if I come off too brash. Sometimes the sight of a true gem makes a man drool over his brains." And again, he gave an apologetic tip of his hat. "But if I'm a nuisance to you and your rendez-vous, then by all means, you may carry on. I can assure you, I'll take no offense to that."

But he held a playful glint in his eye and a knowing look. He had the sneaking suspicion she wanted to be around. He just couldn't figure out her reason as of yet and he didn't want to presume her an enemy, not when she could potentially be a future lover, instead!

Bunbun

"Oh? Well, as long as you're not drooling out of your mouth, then I suppose that's alright. I'd be more cautious of calling someone you've just met minutes ago a gem, though," she challenged, looking up from the water to meet his eyes. "After all, we hardly know anything about each other. For all you know, I could be some sort of deranged serial killer. Unless, of course, you're into that kind of thing... in which case, maybe I really should get going."

Despite her original intentions of keeping her guard up until she had the man completely figured out, Maddison was beginning to warm up to him. It was nice to be able to just talk to someone like this, to have a conversation that didn't revolve solely around the war. Perhaps it was selfish of her to think that way, but everyone needed a break every once in a while.

"Well, in any case, mister Thomas West... I appreciate the compliments, however uninformed they may be. I'd give my own name, but unfortunately, I was raised not to give personal information to strange men. So, you'll have to call me something else."

Of course, she couldn't just give her name away like that. She was an important member of the rebellion, after all.

visualspice

"Oh, I get it. I get it a lot more clearly than you could know. It's not everyday a man gets to meet a beautiful strange woman on the lake, especially this late in the day."

He shook his head,  and was all smiles.

"You don't need to explain anything to me," he went on, tipping his hat to half hide his smirk. "I'm good at reading people. But everyone needs a name... " even a fake one like his, which was what he expected. "But I guess it's up tgo me to give you a name, or perhaps guess your real one. But the real question is, what types of names do lake mermaids have?"
He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Or I could just call you what you are. How about that, Mermaid?"

Bunbun

She managed a smile, thankful that "Thomas" didn't feel the need to pry for any of her personal details. Of course, there was always a possibility that he already knew who she was, which would eliminate the need to ask. If that was the case, though, and he really was here to intercept her, then presumably he would've already tried to get rid of her. It wouldn't exactly be difficult to knock her into the lake, after all.

"Mermaid, huh? That's a bit of an odd name for someone who's supposedly afraid of the water, don't you think? And I thought being a mermaid required you to be at least some part fish. If you wish to liken me to some sort of mystical creature, then maybe a siren would be a more suitable candidate. You do seem a little obsessed with my appearance, after all."

That was how the story usually went, right? A sailor happens across a beautiful woman in the middle of nowhere and, captivated by her appearance and song, sails obliviously towards his demise. Of course, Maddison hadn't come all the way out here with the intention of killing someone, but it was technically still possible.

"But in the end, it's up to you to decide what you want to call me. Whatever floats your boat, so to speak."

visualspice

He couldn't get rid of his smile. She corrected him and he couldn't argue. His basis seemed more like a siren. But he didn't argue, he simply shrugged.

"I dunno.. you just.. look like a mermaid," he deduced. "Calling you a Siren would mean I'd be calling you a man killer. And quite frankly, I don't feel like my life is in an ounce of danger." Though perhaps he should? But in all honesty- he didn't.

"And just because I take kindly towards your looks doesn't mean I wouldn't presume you might be lying to me, Mermaid. For all I know you have a tail beneath those skirts and are waiting to slip back into that water the first second you've got. ONly to laugh at me after you capsize my boat and watch me flounder on the lake."

Bunbun

"Well, if it's Mermaid you want, then Mermaid it is. I have to admit, it is kind of a cute nickname, albeit pretty silly. I'd better not catch you looking for a tail, though. You do that, and you'll have a lot more to worry about that just losing a boat. And I assure you, I will not be laughing."

She was mostly joking, but in the event that this guy ended up being some sort of creep, she wouldn't want anything to do with him. The fact that he apparently didn't think she posed any sort of threat to him wasn't exactly comforting, either- what if that was how everyone saw her. Though to be fair, she wasn't wearing her armour, or wielding a weapon, or anything like that. To anyone who didn't know better, she would simply appear to be on ordinary woman.

...or a mermaid, apparently.

After glancing up at the darkening sky and checking around for Crampas once again- old man sure was taking his sweet time- Maddison let out a sort of defeated sigh and turned her attention to her new acquaintance.

"...so, anything biting yet? It would be a shame to come all the way out here only to leave empty-handed."

visualspice

"Well, to be truthful, I thought I had a nibble, but I think that fish was only testing the waters." He gave her a leftward smirk and glanced down at where his fishing line bobbed in the waters. He gave a bit of a dramatic sigh as he stretched out in his boat. "I fear I might have chased the fish away. And I was certain I'd catch it out of all the fish here on the lake. But perhaps the fish is too smart for it's own good. After all, maybe it's become wise to a man's fishing boat in it's water, and maybe it knows it must be cautious. But what am I to think? And who will ever know what a fish thinks."
And at that, he flashed her a toothy smile and leaned casually in his boat, just admiring her in the fading light. He might as well enjoy the moment. Crampas seemed to be taking his sweet time getting there. And part ofhim had to wonder if the old man hadn't forgotten or had fallen asleep. It wouldn't be the first (nor last time).

Bunbun

"So you've been trying to catch one specific fish? Well, I guess it must be a pretty special one, then. Although, I can't say that I can think of any specific quality a single fish could have that would drive a man to seek it out over all the others..." Maddison's voice trailed off briefly as she stared idly into the water, hesitantly dipping a couple fingers inside before frowning and pulling them back out. "...then again, maybe it's the fact that the fish is so elusive that makes it enticing. But just because it's difficult to catch doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. Maybe you're not using the right kind of bait. Or maybe it's just a little... I don't know. Skittish." She got the distinct impression that they weren't talking about fish anymore.

With the slow vanishing of the light came the creeping cold of the night, and soon she began to regret not bringing a coat with her- she hadn't been expecting to be waiting out here for so long. Wrapping her arms around herself in an attempt to conserve warmth, she looked back up at the man, who looked significantly more comfortable than she was... for several reasons.

"You know, I don't want to speak too soon, but I'm starting to think this meeting might not actually happen. It's starting to get pretty late."

visualspice

He saw her shiver and moved to shrug off his jacket. He was warm with it, and the cool night air felt nice. He knew he might regret that later, but he had a long sleeved shirt on beneath it, so at least that would keep the mosquitoes from biting off his arms.

He was close enough that he reached his arm out, jacket in hand.
"I didn't think mermaids could get cold, but you're shivering. Here." He kept his arm with the jacket out. He wasn't close enough to simply put it over her shoulders, or he'd have done so. It would only be polite enough to keep his distance while the two were still very much strangers out here on the water.

But what she said made him believe the same thing. Damn Crampas. He was probably asleep.

"Take my jacket before you catch your death out here." It was still a long row back to shore.

Bunbun

She frowned slightly as the jacket was extended towards her, clearly unfamiliar with the gesture. It was the sort of thing a couple might do for each other, which was of course an area she had little to no experience in. And she didn't really want it to seem like she needed protection from the cold...

...oh, to hell with it. The only other person there didn't even know who she was, and he didn't look like he was going to give up very easily anyhow. Taking the jacket from him, she took a few seconds to drape it over her shoulders before giving him a nod.

"Thanks. I appreciate the sentiment, but I guess you're probably going to be pretty cold now, huh?" After all, it was only going to get chillier as the evening transitioned further into night. She couldn't just sit here for hours until one of them froze to death... and the sooner she got away from all of this water, the better.

"Hey, uh, 'Thomas'? I think I might start heading back now. Reschedule the meeting, or something. I don't know if you're still waiting around for that big catch, but if you wanted to come with me, that would be nice. Though I suppose you'll be wanting your jacket back at some point..."

visualspice

"Oh?" he perked up at her announcement. He even gave her a little pout. "Leaving so soon? And here I was hoping you'd accept my jacket and stay out here to help me fish."

Bunbun

"Help you... fish? I mean, like I said, I've never really gotten around to learning how to fish. And I don't have a fishing rod, either. So, I'm not sure what help I can offer you when it comes to fishing. Not unless there's some kind of... mermaid magic that I'm unaware of." She tilted her head slightly, unsure of what to think of his invitation. Did he really think her company was worth sitting out in the cold like that?

"I just don't want you to start freezing for my sake. You shouldn't have to wait all the way out here without a jacket just because I neglected to bring one myself."