Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sea shells by the seashore [Open]

Started by Spooky, September 15, 2017, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Peri turned back around when she realized none of the group were really following and nodded along with Kel as he informed Kara about Serendipity's customs.

"He's right, all the humans I've seen around here wear clothing to cover themselves."

The fabric of her scarf partially obscured the lower portion of her face, but it was still clear that her eyes widened and her ears flicked back at the sight of a giant hole that appeared in Kara and the unnecessarily large weapon which emerged from it. Stallers! She thought. This wasn't helping them get to Cerenis at all, unless the giant axe could fly, and as far as she could tell Kel was just goading Kara on.

Out of the corner of her eye, Peri saw Eihmo'tei dart off into the grass at the sight of Kara's showboating and frowned half-imperceptibly from behind her scarf. If the thing were twice Kara's size, no wonder it intimidated the tiny fox.

"Awww, you scared him off again, poor guy. Was it really necessary to do that?" Peri frowned at Kara and walked over to where Eihmo'tei was hiding in the tall grass. "I don't think she was gonna use it on you, don't worry."

Peri held out her hand to the little fox.

"You can walk with me if you want," Peri turned her eyes back to Kara and Kel, brow arched. "Shall we carry on if you're done there?"

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei emerged cautiously from the tall grass. His horrified gaze was locked on the towering weapon in Kara's possession. It would take much time before he felt comfortable being within twenty or thirty feet of it, mostly out of fear that it would fall on him.

"No... normal?"

However amusing it may have seemed, this was a legitimate question that the fox asked. There were many mysterious things that Eihmotei had seen on his journies. Each time, he had found himself taken completely off guard by them while others remained unfazed. So many things were commonly known by these larger creatures that were beyond his comprehension. Was this one of those things, or were the others just as surprised by it as he was?

almighyxcavus

Kara had completely forgotten about Eihmo'Tei on her shoulder, she could have only imagined how he felt when she brought out Glub-glub. She pulled herself off to the side and put Glub-glub back inside her inner forge. She made her way back to the group as she spoke: "Trust me, Ill dress appropriately, I mean the bandages should be fine, at best I'll just get a LOT of looks from the men of the town."

She made her way over to where Eihmo'tei scurried off and knelt down to the ground holding out a hand: "I'm sorry bud, I didn't mean to scare you like that, if you want to ride with Peri for the time being I understand." Kara really regretted what she had done to the little guy.

Draconian

That was...

Well.

Pulling a blade out of your lady-forge was pretty disgusting and Kel recoiled at the sight. The rest of what she said turned into white noise while he just stared in mild horror. What an odd woman. "At best," Kel scoffed, "At best you'll get asked how much you charge." He rolled his eyes and started to walk again, avoiding the direction the bear had come from.

"Cerenis is this way," He said, glancing at the rodent, "The more time you worry about who the rat is going to ride on the longer it'll take for us to get it to it's den."

Spooky

"Ha," Peri laughed, kneeled down near the little fox. "No. No, definitely not normal."

Peri turned to glance at Kara as she stood up. Despite the fact that the Kulshedra were a nomadic people her tribe had always orbited around the town of Cerenis out of convenience for trade, so she wasn't unfamiliar with the culture of the town and the people who resided there. And, with that came the knowledge of how they carried themselves and... How they dressed. She gave Kara a look up and down.

"I have to agree with Kel," she said, straight-faced. "That is not typical attire for Cerenis."

There was no degradation or mocking behind Peri's voice, she just wanted this woman to be prepared for the inevitable propositions.

She turned to the direction Kel had started to walk in, and looked over her shoulder back at Eihmo'Tei, a half-smile showed a bit of her teeth. If they didn't get moving soon, Peri was likely to starve to death, but as long as no one decided to pull any more random things out of their bodies it shouldn't be too long for them to reach the seaside town. She gave the faintest lick of her lips as she conjured up the smell of roasting fish in her mind.

"Well, let's go then!" Peri strode off after Kel. "I'm still hungry, that old jerky'll only hold me for so long. We should be able to make good time from here."

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei followed as the others began to walk, electing to use his own legs for the time being. He took a wary glance at Kara as he started off. This was only the fox's nature. He did not doubt the friendship she had shown him, yet she had proven very unpredictable in the short amount of time in which he knew her. Eihmo'tei had to be cautious, or risk accidental injury from the reckless woman. Especially with her access to even greater sized metal.

The fox looked forward once more, seeing the two scaled people moving much faster than he was on only two legs. He dropped down to all fours, moving quickly to catch up to Peri. Once there, he was able to comfortably match her stride. There was something Kel had said that puzzled him...

"Whassa... Rat?" he asked the woman.

almighyxcavus

Kara was beyond puzzled, she had lived in Arca for the last 10 years of her life. She would visit the beach at least once every weekend during the summer months. People knew who she was was and the things she did. The comment o her attire bothered her a little more than it should've. As well as the fact she couldn't remember where Cerenis is, even she's been there an uncountable number of times. THIS? Is not normal? Well of course it isnt! Normal is boring, weird is awesome! They wouldn't know though... oh well.

Kara noticed she was lagging behind a tad, she decided to stay that way for a bit. Her actions seemed to be scaring everyone, so being a little reserved would probably be better for the time being. Although... she still couldn't figure out why she doesn't remember how to get to Cerenis.

Tags: