Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Dis Noodles [Open]

Started by WallyD, May 08, 2017, 07:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Neppie pressed her lips listening to the mens conversation. She hadn't been there before but she heard stories of it, and most of it scared her. Her magic is still raw, she can bearly make a fire ball but it didn't matter.

"I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that the Mordecai have obtained a new item. A jem of sorts can detect when magic is near by. It new but its unbelievably popular." Neppie said, finally grabbing her drink and taking a small sip.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Of course they would find somthing like that, ha." said one of the bowmen, chugging his mug.

Walter just growled at the information, while Gammy was now trying to calm his big friend.

"Bet you the ironic thing is that the gem itself is magic based." said one of the other bowmen, looking back at the men. "How else can such a thing have the power?"

"Don't believe in magic my ass." said the first bowmen. The crossbowmen meanwhile kept setting there, looking even more grim from the information.

One of the older crossbowmen looked at Neppie and said "Stay away from Connoloath if you can, lass. That place is filled with madmen calling themselves the pious." he began shaking his head. "I suppose I once believed the same, until I came here...wasn't even that long ago...

WallyD

Neppie nodded and looked down at her drink.

"I'm gonna have too. Cant really work from behind bars." Neppie said, chuckling ackwardly and rubbed her head. "On top of that, I have some really good coustermers, so a few more years around this area will really benefit me."

She then looked up and grinned. "Hey, we might even run into each other in the future."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Well I do hope so." said the bowman sergeant. "You do have some lovely...noodles."

This earned a snicker from one of the bowmen, but the rest were still occupied with their conversation.

"Ehe, please excuse me and my brother for a secound. "Gerwen said as he leaned forward and got up. "Brother, outside, family meeting, now."

Ostwin simply finished his sip and got up to. The two men departed the table and left the tavern, assumedly to talk about somthing outside.

"Oooh, boy, what do you think they are on about?" asked Gammy as he watched them go.

"Reckon they talkin' about this Connoloath business." said the eldar crossbowmen.

"Well I am not going, not for all the money in the world." said one of the bowmen

"Lon' az dere'z panziez ta kick, az don't kare wherez." Gorgitz said in his deep, greenskin voice.

WallyD

Neppie silently gapped at Gorgitz, taking her a moment to understand what he said. It was like someone turned on the light, her mouth made a little 'o' and she seemed to understand now.

"Well that mean that almost every one is a eh, pansy?" She paused and was unsure if that was what he said. "I mean everyone has something that can make them weak." She quickly raised her hands and shook them. "But, uh I understand that there are some bad guys."

Neppie felt her face heat up. She normally doesn't get serious and the previous conversation was still fresh in her mind. She quickly took a drink and drained her cup, looking ovee the rim to see what the others had to say.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Oh don't mind Gorgitz, he just loves to fight." THe bow sergeant said with a chuckle.

"I'll say." One of the rather middle aged bowmen said as he sat up in his chair. "He's suppose to be our assassin. But everytime he does try to assassinate, he decides it's a great idea to yell at the top of his lungs "ASSUSSUNATIN'"." The bowmen picked up a spoon with the head facing down, and stood up, pretending to be Gorgitz.

It earned a few chuckles from the table, with a snicker from Gorgitz himself, as the bowmen sat back down throwing the spoon back onto the table.

"Your an our assiassin for crying out loud." The same bowmen waved his hands at Gorgtiz. "Your not suppose to give away your position while doing said assissination!"

"Awwww, 'erez da fun in dat?" Gorgitz retorted.

"Fun? Fun!" the bowmen explained. "You have enough fun already crushing the poor slrups under your boot."

"Should of seen him a few jobs back." peeped up one of the crossbowmen, he seemed to have been snapped out of his trance. "He literally fell on the target and crushed him underneath."

"And he was still screaming the word!" the previous bowman exclaimed to the laughter of the others.

"I felt bad for the horse honestly." said Gammy as he picked up his mug. "Poor thing got crushed under Gorgitz weight."

There were mumbles in agreement as the men began thinking back to that one particular mission.

WallyD

"Wait. I thought you guys didn't like assassins?" Neppie said, bringing up the Female Assassin group she had travelled with. She was pretty sure that some of the men here were at her noodle stand and knew what she was talking about.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Yes, most assassins." nodded the bowmen sergeant.

"The worst of which are the ones who try to backstab ya." another bowmen who was standing around the main table. "Them are the ones making us look over our shoulders all the times."

"Should of seen that cult we've had a run in before." said one of the aged bowmen as he took a swig from his mug. "We lost so many men that day."

The men muttered in agreement, before a young crossbowmen peeped up. "But none of them are like Gorgitz."

Another round of muttered agreements went around the table.

"Gorgitz is different." Said another crossbowmen. "He might do all the sneaking, but he's one of us. He's been with us long enough to be alright in my book."

THe orc in question just chuckled in his low, orcy voice.

RachelTheSeeker

Strolling the streets of the locale as night fell, Asha's left hand remained in the pocket of her dress where her coin pouch rested, her iron-shod staff serving as a walking stick rather than a weapon. It was getting around the time for a meal, and the leonine lady sought some local cuisine. After all even spiced kebabs, a staple for her in beef and chicken with spices imported from Essryn, got boring after a while for her. Then again, every middle night of the week in the Anga household was 'kebab night' anyway.

It was then that the lioness spotted a brightly-colored cart outside an inn. Definitely looked like a food cart, albeit a bit flamboyantly colored, but the owner was nowhere in sight. Shrugging, Asha pondered if the owner was on break, or had closed up for the night. Probably the latter, she thought to herself as she strolled into the building.

Looking about the inn, Asha mingled among the various peoples, standing out a bit due to her animalistic appearance; the poor lass got more than a few strange looks as she tried to make her way toward the bar. Sitting down at a stool, back turned to the counter, the lass' gaze spread across the place and... wait. There just so happened to be a woman dressed almost as brightly as the cart outside was decorated. She wondered if this was some sort of themed uniform for the food cart, like something she'd seen before? There was at least one eccentric eatery she'd encountered on her travels that did similar...

It appeared as though the woman was conversing with a sortie of sellswords, but curiosity got the better of the cat as she padded forth. Raising her voice if only to cut through the white noise of the evening crowd, Asha spoke out toward the group, "Good eventide. Sorry to interrupt, but I've a hunch I wanted to confirm. This lady... is she the one who owns that food cart outside? I'm just curious -- her outfit and the cart's colors are both very bright".

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

(We kinda time skipped into an inn, it's a bit later in the night as well. If you want, two of my characters are having a conversation.)

RachelTheSeeker

(Ah! Sorry about that. ^^; Edited my opening post to reflect the scene)

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

(No worries)
Gorgitz's had immidantly turned his eyes onto the new comer as she entered the door. Walter, on the other hand, smelled the cat lady as enter and he too was staring. Some of the other men glanced over, but otherwise payed her no mind...least till she came over.

After she spoke, one of the crossbow men leaned back into the back legs of his chair, turning his head and upper body to look at the cat lady.

"You accusing the rest of us of being dull?" The man said with a distinct Connolothian accent, much to the amusement of the other men. "I'd like you to know that red and green are quite the trend around here these days."

WallyD

Neppie looked up grinning.

"Not dull. You have a natural look." She said, still looking up at the women next to her. "And yes that's my cart. Oh also my donkey. His name is Ralph. And I make noodles, because I'm a Noodle Master. I'm Neppie." She seems to say everything in one breath.

RachelTheSeeker

Hearing the crossbowman speak his complaint, Asha immediately began to respond, "Ah, no, didn't mean that. Just a bit, uh, different, her clothing. I'd say you both have some sense of good colors, though". She shrugged, glancing down to her light brown outfit before gazing back up. She was a bit taken aback -- though somewhat impressed -- by the woman's prolonged speech, and nodded to her.

"Ah, so my hunch was right", she said cheerfully. "A noodle master, you say? I've not the pleasure of meeting a master of any cuisine, though I dare say I like to try as much as I can". With a soft smile across her dark-lipped muzzle, she sits back at a nearby chair. "So, uh. Am I interrupting much, folks? Not the type to attract the ire of mercenaries or soldiers alike, whichever type this fighting company is".

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Just messin' with ya darlin'" The crossbowmen smiled. "We only having a pleasant chat about, er, assassins?"

"Gorgitz" The bowmen sergeant said.

"Right, him." THe crossbowmen said as he pointed at said orc. "The green one over there...anyways, have a seat, the more the merrier, as they say."

One of the bowmen sitting next to Neppie stood up to offer his seat, as most of the table was now looking at the new comer.

WallyD

Neppie took another drink, still watching the stranger. She had never seen someone quite like her. Neppie did spend most of her life within a village, off in a secluded island. For now she was keeping quiet, waiting for an interesting topic.

RachelTheSeeker

Now things were getting more and more interesting. Asha felt that some assassins were necessary evils to dispose of some wicked men, but most assassins she'd ever heard of only took hits against good people and important folk, oft bringing chaos rather than order.

"Assassins, you say?" She asked, genuine curiosity in her voice, yet lowering her voice a little while still trying to be audible. "What of them? Lots of folk think they cause more problems than good... it's not every day you hope for one to remove the wicked from this life". With a pause, she then grins with surprisingly pearly fangs, raising her voice back to its previous volume. "But where are my manners? I am Asha, of the Anga pride".

Taking the crossbowman's offer and sitting on down, the lioness couldn't help but wonder if Gorgitz was going to be fine, and if he was indeed the assassin the man was talking about. She left her combat staff at her room in a local inn, but she carried her sidearm dagger on her person. Still, she pondered if this would be of any aid if trouble brewed. After all, a missed fireball could hurt someone unintended in the tightly-packed place, to say nothing of it spreading in a blaze if she missed a person altogether...

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Depends on your definition of wickiness is." Mumbled one of the older members at the table.

"Nice to meet you Asha." Said the bowmen sergeant. "We just talking about assassins, nothing more"

"Anga Pride?" Said one bowmen, rubbing his chin. "Where have I heard of that name before?"

WallyD

Neppie perked up, turning to Asha. She could already feel the excitement inside. Neppie started to fidget, hoping that the new comer would answer quickly.

Moccasin

A cloaked figure would enter the inn, dragging behind her a massive leather bag. The figure halted for a second, glancing around the room for an empty table, before settling on a vacant stool next to the counter. She waved to the bartender,  wordlessly fishing through her pocket to check that she had the right change, before placing the money on the bar. The man working the counter gave her a glass of what seemed to be fruit juice.

Suddenly, it would appear that the liquid inside the glass was levitating, and formed into several aqueous ribbons. Without lifting her veil, the woman drank from the streams, letting them float into her mouth as they dodged the fabric that hung over the lower half of her face. She'd continue to drink in this fashion, taking a break in between to check the contents of her bag, which slumped awkwardly against her seat.

Tags: