Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Help Wanted? Apply Within... (Special Plot Mission Thingy)

Started by Wrathwyrm, May 08, 2017, 06:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

For a while now, my character - Sano Alistair - has been trudging around the countries, looking for people who can give him help and support for a very special mission: A deadly vampire slaying.

Recently, as he ended up in Jadenshire of Serendipity, he began to realize that this was thestupid way to do things.  I mean, look...  They've got these messenger birds and everything.  Granted, this made some sense around Essyrn and Adela, but he's stopped in Serendipity to send off this flyer...

HELP WANTED

Strong and capable fighters and magic-users desired.
All disciplines may apply, though response may vary.
Multiple positions to be filled for eventual mission.

Further details to be found at The Sparrow's Inn.

Ask for Sano.

...to a whole bunch of other locations, currently confined to Serendipity itself because his mission involves action in Connlaoth, though NOT to fight in the civil war.  This mission is a one-off, to take care of an evil that is using the country as a feeding ground...although it is really for personal reasons that Sano is acting.

So, will you look into this?  Send a response bird?  Brush it off entirely?  What's it gonna be?

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Volkhard and Otto might be intreasted, maybe even the Death Eagles.

What is the job description?

Wrathwyrm

Quote from: Elekta Kount on May 08, 2017, 07:28:56 PM
Volkhard and Otto might be intreasted, maybe even the Death Eagles.

What is the job description?

In-character, you'll have to learn the details from Sano.  Messenger bird corrospondance with him will indicate that he'd prefer it that start rumors all over Seren and whatnot that might tip off the target.

Out-of-character, the situation is that he's learned of a vampire of such high threat level currently in Connlaoth that the presence of Mordecai actually work in its favor, since it would render citizens more helpless to its natural - and unaffected - powers.  He will describe the creature as extremely dangerous, which is why he wants heavily-talented people who have the wits to be afraid when a real threat is bearing down on them, thus not getting cut to ribbons as a result.

The vampire in question is in my catelogue, for looksees.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

In character
Otto Schiff
The only thing that could be heard in the late night upon the roads was a man choking to death in an, a noose around his neck, hanging high above.

Below, sat a man in a overcoat, he was sitting against the tree the man was hanging from, was reading a piece of paper he had picked off of the very tree this man was hanging from.

THe man in the overcoat got up just as the body went limb, putting the paper into his overcoat pocket.

He decided to travel to the Sparrow inn and seek this Sano. But first, he had to return the money to it's rightful owner...

Volkhard
Pulling his mace out of another the dead wolf, Volkhard was heading back to the village when a piece of paper caught his attention.

Well, it really just hit him in the face.

Tearing it off of his face with his shield hand, Volkhard squinted at the piece of paper, before raising his eyebrows.

Crumpling it up, he started to chuckle. Least he knew was doing for the next few days, now where were the rest of those wolves...
Out-of-Character
Volkhard and Otto are up for it, if you have a thread ready.

Wrathwyrm

The idea will be that people would start showing up a little later in a thread that Blink and I are doing.  I'm gonna talk with Blink on how to organize new arrivals, but chances are you'd be stepping in around when another one of my characters starts talking to Sano about being hired, as well.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!