Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crush or Claw, War Will Be Made [Elekta]

Started by AevumEternity, May 09, 2017, 09:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

" I was not borne into this position, damn you." Her voice came in a low, deadly hiss, wheeling the great War Horse about," I have been General for merely a year, this is the swan song of the war and I wish to end it as quickly as you do." Dismounting suddenly, she landed in the mud with a heavy splash of much and water, the size of the monstrous horse now on full display. Alas, the General rubs the beasts next as it lowered its great, white muzzle to nuzzle her shoulder.

" We fight those who wield magic - specifically the rebels who have decided the state does not benefit them, when in fact it never has," she answers coolly," As to where?" she laughter mirthlessly," Everywhere, have you not seen the damage done?" She glares down the brother, exhaling through her nose.

" The people are tired, we must end this quickly, you can either help me in that endeavor and ease the peoples' suffering or prolong it by joining our enemy. It is your choice."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Any idiot could of told you that this government was fighting mages, what else is our country known for?" Ostwin said, he kept his crossbow up, never moving from his stance.

"But you have not yet answered my question." Ostwin said, his tone shifting back from subtle anger to cold. "These mages are organized into battalions and regiments just like the duke's army. I will ask again: Who are you these rebel mages you seek now? Where are they secured?"

AevumEternity

" You seem to believe that threatening me is a wise course of action," idly wrapping her arms about the great Horse's head she massaged the exposed hide beneath the Theocog's skull, smiling faintly as she did so. Slowly she turned back toward them, arching an eyebrow.

" If I told you now, you may be prone to warning them, as we have yet to make a contract," she answers dryly, moving about the Theocog's flank, her hand traveling along Purgatorio's muscled flank as she swings back into the saddle," and you all have given me nothing but grief and nonsense,"

" I believe I have wasted enough time. If you will all excuse us, there is still a war to be won." She began to turn the great beast away, the troupe continuing its course to the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The men watched her go, not saying a word.

"It's people like her that this country would never find peace." sighed Gerwen as he nodded to the trumpeter, who gave a short signal. "Too stubborn for her own good."

"It's her stubbornness that won so many battles." said Ostwin, lowering his crossbow down to at an at ease position. "I would know." he added under his breath.

Men were now appearing out of the forest, starting to gather around the three original men, whispering and murmuring amongst themselves.

"Yeah?" said Gerwen, raising an eyebrow as the flag bearer moved to his side. "And it is her kind of stubbornness that started this war."

Looking down, hands still crossed, he shook his head. "When would you people learn that ridding the world of magic is like saying you are to ridding the world of people with brown hair. I suppose it's possible, but in the end is it truly worth all the trouble?"

Ostwin was still staring after the general, he showed no expression, didn't even blink. "Maybe it is..."murmured the crossbow brother as the bow brother turned to address the men. "maybe it isn't..."

"Alright men!" Gerwen said as the men gathered around. "We've wasted enough time here, we are heading home. Roger! Sam! I want you two on scoutin..."

THe words Gerwen said seem to drown out into the rain as Ostwin kept staring after the general, who disappeared into the horizon. Soon, his vision fell upon the capital city itself. And then he remembered...

"Uh, sir." said one of the crossbowmen, interrupting Gerwen's instructions.

"What is it Gunther?" replied Gerwen.

"Over there." the crossbowman pointed over Gerwen's shoulder. All eyes turn to see a moving Ostwin.

"Oi! Brother!" yelled Gerwen at said brother. "Where you going?"

"To get a drink!" Ostwin yelled back. "And to visit an old friend!"

Gerwen looked on with disbelief, before blowing out huffing. "Damnit."

"Should we go after him boss?" asked one of the crossbowmen as the rest looked on, mostly concerned.

"No, no." sighed Gerwen. "It's been a long time coming, let him be for now." He looked back at his brother. "He needs it."

"But will he be able to find us?" asked one of the bowmen while he looked at the Captain.

"Yeah, he will." said the Captain. "Usually does. And if he doesn't... well, we'll be the ones finding him."