Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pour me something tall and strong... [open]

Started by Ninjara, May 10, 2017, 04:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninjara

You know, there are dozens of other places besides a bar that you could pass the time at. A lake, an actual restaurant, hell, even a library. Try picking up a book; it might do you some good. But no, like a moth to a flame, Jara couldn't resist the call of a good tavern. She ignored the voice of common sense, and instead hopped off her (stolen) horse, tying the animal to the hitching rail.

"I won't be long. I'm just meeting someone," she told the chestnut mare, stroking its muzzle before glancing around her surroundings.

Jara didn't actually know how long she'd be in the tavern; it was quite possible they'd spend the night. Or, equally as possible, be forced to make a quick getaway. She drew her cloak tighter to her body as she approached the entrance. Even though it was a warm day, one could never take too many precautions in a new area, and her pair of large wings remained hidden. If one looked closely enough, they may have noticed how oddly the cloak lay against her back, or even a couple of long white feathers poking out the bottom. With one last glance over her shoulder, as though she were looking for someone, she entered the tavern and made her way quickly towards the bar.

She wasn't expecting to see a familiar face, so she made her way towards the bar after a very quick scan of the patrons. "Why's it so hot in here....?" Jara grumbled, yet she still didn't dare remove the cloak until she felt perfectly safe. Picking a stool furthest from the nearest occupied one, she waved the bartender over. "A cold white wine. And can't you open a window? It's hot in here."