Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Connlaoth Labyrinth Roleplay!

Started by Anonymous, March 04, 2006, 12:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

My character is a highly experienced thief that has been uncharacteristically hired to steal an item of extreme interest from the deep basements of Connlaoth Castle. Hearing a rumour that the Labyrinth is seperated by but a wall from the castle's lower levels, he decides to venture therein to attempt to break through and retrieve his charge.

Of course, that's not really interesting. Not being a magic wielder, however, he wouldn't be welcome in the Labyrinth. An unexpected meeting with a mage or whatnot would certainly be the catalyst for an interesting tale.

Anyone interested?

Anonymous

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! *raises hand and bounces up and down in seat excitedly* I'm interested!

Your theif guy could meet up with one (or more) of the Insurrection. It could be a fun encounter depending on who he met and what happened from there. There are four (Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel and Burgundy) members he might meet galivanting through the Labyrinth, since their leader doesn't usually leave their little lair.

Anonymous

Well I've been looking for something to do with Yones... I doubt he'd be in the labyrinth, but he might inconveniently be in the basement when you break in. I'll see what happens I guess.

Anonymous

Well, Teylud is sad because he did a public execution at the academy and nobody cares, so I could throw him in somewhere, depending on what it shapes up to be.

Or I could throw Luild and Ingdest, who are involved in some theoretical "Thief Guild," but this could be an explanation of why. But I'll throw someone in depending on what happens.

Anonymous

Bonus! I'll get on down to making the board, then.

I'll post a link when I'm done.

Anonymous

//http://spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22097#22097

Sorry for the rambling intro. It's my first roleplay with him, and I had a lot to get out. Enjoy!

Anonymous

So would the Connlaoth higher-ups know about and have access to the library? I dont' really see Yones having any reason to be down there unless they had some sort of idea that there was going to be a break in.

Anonymous

Maybe it could be some sort of punishment assignment... or at least, the people involved could think it was a punishment assignment... the kind of thing that the higher-ups do to people who piss them off, and whatnot.

Anonymous

A good question. I'd imagine that the library itself would be known to only a few people, including the mysteeeerious stranger that enlisted Blacksticks, but the area around it would certainly be open to high-ranking people like Yones and other Mordecai.

Perhaps... And this is just an idea... the library could be a safe deposit box for the various magical tomes that the kingdom has come across. Yones, being a Mordecai, could sense the magic that they create and become curious. I'm guessing that he's the kind of guy that only likes secret when he's in on them.

I don't know why the kingdom would be stockpiling the hated magic books in the first place... Perhaps they're the ones that they couldn't figure out how to destroy, and didn't want to be discovered by untrustworthy out-of-towners. Perhaps someone high-up is a magic-liker! I don't have much experience with the Connlaoth herarchy, but there's always some pretty important untrustworthy character.

And as to why no Mordecai has noticed the library before... Well, I'm sure you'll think of something. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be there after all!

Oooh! A plot is in the thickening!

(BTW, I have no idea who bought Blacksticks' services, yet. But he's definitely mysteeeerious!)

Anonymous

Yes! Those all make sense!

Yes, perhaps one of the Connlaoth Nobles doesn't really want to destroy the books... they may be evil, but they could come in handy you know! Just in case! Of course he/she would never use them... never ever.

The punishment thing could work too. I seem to recall something about Yones not properly finishing some reports.

Yeah, Yones would be the type to do something like that. He'd love to know things the other Mordecai don't. As for why no one has found it before, perhaps most Mordecai don't venture into the lower levels of the castle. Yones on the other hand, would likely be brooding somewhere down there after a particularily bad day.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas you two. I'm not feeling my most creative at the moment.

Oooh? Mysteeerrious! Could even be a Connlaoth Noble who doesn't dare go through the castle proper.

Anonymous

Nah. No.

Okay, I have some ideas for who he/she is, but I'd rather maintain the mysteeeerious air for now.

Wooooh!

Anonymous

So will it shatter anyone's world view if I have Teylud posted with Yones on this "punishment mission?" He's not a Mordecai, but Yones could make another not friend... plus, if the Connlaoth Thieve's Guild is ever created, they can go to complain about this "renegade."

Anonymous

I suppose it makes sense for someone to be sent to keep Yones in line.

One thing though, is Teylud high enough rank to know about the Mordecai? Just to avoid confusion later.

Anonymous

He knows what they are, in the sense that there are people who can stop magic and get special priveleges. He probably wouldn't know Yones was one unless someone told him, though. I'll do my best to follow everything if you post.

Anonymous

Well, with the aid of my dialogue with the most lovely Nightcandle, A plot is thickening with the speed of custard. Thickening custard.

I haven't quite worked it all out yet, being quite ignorant about Connlaoth's secret history as I am, but I'm getting there. Androids may be included at some point.

It shouldn't matter yet, as my character doesn't quite know what he's doing anyway, so if anyone wishes to make the first reply they can.