Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Death And Intrigue: Are You Guilty? (Open)

Started by Wrathwyrm, May 28, 2017, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrathwyrm

'For a good time to be had by all, come to Rahleed's'.  That was perhaps the start of it, but you wouldn't know that, going in, or even later, among the bodies.  They just wanted customers, after all.  Well, no problem.  There comes a time when you just have to enjoy yourself, right?  A good drink is as fine as a bit of song, and both in the same place is even better.  Even if you're not into that, Rahleed mixes a fine drink.  Yeah, that he did...  Too bad about the head.

You went in there to drink, regardless, and somewhere along the lines, it even became enjoyable, given the atmosphere of the tavern.  It all sort of began to blur from that point on, possibly because of the aforementioned drinking.  The next thing you know, it's morning...and there are like twenty bodies lying around the place.  You don't get to appreciate the full scale of it because the Essyrni guard has been raised and you're surrounded by men armed to the teeth, including the tall, strong, and very angry captain of the guard.

Even though you're a visitor to this country, it's well-known that - while in Essyrn - you're not only subject to its laws, you are considered a subject OF this country.  No leniency is to be given to foreign visitors.  The crime is the crime, and you are surrounded by corpses.  The captain pronounces sentence upon you, after raging at the atrocity that he is convinced that you are responsible for.  You don't remember anything, and you can think of no reason or possibility or even true evidence to suggest that you did.  All of this falls upon deaf ears, if explained to him.

"In the name of the Shah, I pronounce you guilty and revoke all rights and freedoms you have so abused 'till this day.  Further, I sentence you to fight in the Colliseum, where I hope you will not die too quickly, slave!  Remove this fith, and then clean this up!  I will see to the owner's body and inform next of kin."

And...that pretty much leads up to the now.  You have been collared, and the guards have taken NO chances with you at all.  You haven't seen your equipment, but are informed that you will be permitted its use while fighting, dropped into the arena for use.  You are in a community cell with other various types who have crossed the line in some form or another.  Some have been here a while, others not for very long.  There must be a way out of this, even if by leaving this country forever.  The galling thought that you might've killed twenty people by accident, though...  Is that even true?  Is there a way to prove it, one way or the other?  What if this was just a setup to get people shoved in here for amusement?  It might be possible to find out, but regardless of the goal, you have to get out of here first.

Tags: