Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Brand New

Started by Lady Ygraine, May 30, 2017, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ygraine

Hi all, I'm very new to this so bear with me. I've always loved the fantasy genre and often found it an escape. I've wanted RP or LARP for a long time but I never had the courage or resources to do so. I'm so glad I've found this community, I would love to RP with people but I don't know how to start. If anyone is interested playing with an amateur I 'd be thrilled!
Blessed Be.
-Rosaline

Wrathwyrm

The best way to start is at the beginning.

This is a world of its own.  It has its own description of things and, naturally, its own rules.  Read up on 'em, and then know that you can write all kinds of characters in it, as long as it is within a fantasy setting.  There is a character profile template to make it easy to keep organized.

Once you've looked over that, think about what kind of character you want to try first.  Focus on their most important attributes, like what that being is known for or what power it has.  Work your way out from there, like mother of pearl around a grain of sand.  Your character will soon take shape.

After that, a number of us will surely be available to RP.  Oh, and don't forget to check out the Wants And Limits page, as well.

Whim

Hey there! Don't be shy about learning. Everyone's got to start somewhere. First make a character using this form, and then post in the profile in the appropriate forum based on where your character will mostly be played.

You can look at other people's profiles for good examples. Don't be afraid to be brief. You're here to role-play; not to fill out forms.

Next you'll want to start a thread. Its a lot like writing a story where each author writes the actions and point of view of a specific character. I recommend you make a post on the plotting forum with your character and explaining your situation. Jumping into an open thread or doing a plot with lots of people might be overwhelming for you. Good luck. And don't hesitate to message people asking  to make a thread with them, and the discord's a great place to meet folks.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic