Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bored Dragon is an Unpleasant One (open) (M)

Started by Warrior_Queen, June 29, 2017, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior_Queen

Dracara lowered her hood as she entered one of the isolated human villages near the base of the mountain. Villages eyed her as she strolled in, choosing a rather revealing belly dancer outfit to represent her in her Human form. Other than her dress, she appeared to be human. Her long red hair and gold eyes scanned the village.

Taking a piece of folded up parchment from her top robe her gaze shifted from the village to the paper then back again. It was made by her sister and was a detailed list of the places she was supposed to visit and bring back information to her tribe. Dracara crumpled up the paper and threw it behind her in a careless fashion.  Her sister should have known that following instructions was not her way. No if she was going to gather information it would be organically and in locations that interests here. This place looked...boring. She was expecting cities and towns and music but there wasn't any life here just farmers with their stupid pitchforks. IF this was the kind of place her sister was sending her to then she was surly not going to follow the list.

"I can't believe I have to spend the night in this crap town." She muttered to her self then made her way to what looked to be a tavern.

She slipped through the door sat at a table and plopped her head down on the table. The owner of the tavern, a burly looking man eyed her and brought the glass he was cleaning over to the woman. "Bad day traveler?" He asked.

Dacara didn't even look up in response. "Your strongest Drink and some meat." she replied clenching her fists then losing them.

Without a response the mas disappeared into the kitchen and Dracara lifted her head to eye the room with a bored expression. Looking for something or anything to do while she waited.

Krie Varss

Krie for her own purposes was not fond of small villages. On the plus side they tended to be where people did not ask questions often and more or less minded their own business. Unless some one did something stupid, and Krie was fairly practiced at not doing things that would not draw attention to herself, at times it made life a little difficult but not so difficult as an angry mob tended to be.

Angry mobs aside Krie had been seated in the tavern debating on her next move. She had slowly been working on her story as to why she was here. While villagers were distrustful, they also tended to except her once she had made herself useful. On this day she was pondering just what was in the soup she had found herself ordering.

Her thoughts were interrupted by some one clearly not caring on rather or not she attracted attention. But, rather she wanted to or not it had attracted Krie's attention. For better or for worse this was a new variable. She would have to keep an eye on the situation and see how it unfolded.   

Warrior_Queen

As Dracara's gaze shifted about the room it finally landed on Krie. She looked different from the rest of the Farmers in town, perhaps a traveler. This peeked Caracas's interest. As her food came she gave the man a few gold coins, far over the amount the food costs, and took her meal and pint over to Krie's table sitting across from her without another world.

She cocked a brow at the girl and took a sip of her pint. She looked at the mug and experienced her first taste of mead. It was sweater than she would have thought. She gulped down the mug completely placing it next to her.

"You look interesting." She said flashing the girl a mischievous smile. It was Dracara's way of complementing the girl. Something she was not particularly good at. She cut into her read meat, using the knife as a fork. She gold eyes boldly studying the girl. "What brings you here." She asked.

Krie Varss

Krie for her own part had been watching the tavern in general. She had been more or less in her own thoughts, and this allowed Dracara to approach the table with her unaware until she spoke. Taking a moment to make some sort of impression about the other woman and come up with a few ideas as to why she might have ventured over to her table.

"Interesting?" She asked with an half arched eyebrow. "I suppose it could be worse, at least you didn't start off my telling me I was hideous." She seemed to muse about why, she was in fact in the village. There were certain things you didn't confide into people you just met even if they did call you interesting.

"I suppose if I told you it was for the culture you would not believe me." She seemed amused by that idea. "I must admit, there are some advantages to small villages, the locals for one thing, the undeveloped country side for another." Which was the truth at least in part animancy used life force, it didn't much care whose. If people or animals went missing it was much easier to explain out here.

Warrior_Queen

Dracara cocked her brow at the woman's response. Lush red curls swept from her back to her front. She swept them aside with a clawed hand, her fingernails were painted black with red jewels and sharpened into claws. " I've had enough of undeveloped for a time. It's too...familiar. Tell me, what are some places that you recommend which are a little more...lively." She said then gave the woman a wolfish grin.

"My name is Dracara, and you are." She said then thoughts for a moment. Her sister had instructed her on how to great humans. She remembered the customary handshake for common greetings. In  quite a delayed response she put out her hand to shake the other woman's.

Tags: