Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Sticks and Stones... and Dragons [M]  (Read 65 times)

Offline RedOptics

Sticks and Stones... and Dragons [M]
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »
The Thunderblacks were interesting to say the least to a foreigner, looking quite desolate from afar, but upon getting close there was indeed quite a bit of life.

Keona and Travis had come one province further to finding a lost piece of a blood-line they had been looking for since Yoreiqi. The light-skinned winged woman took to a glide over the changing landscape. Gold to green to stone-grey. To her, mountains were cold, unforgiving, but the one thing she worried most about was the dragons.

It would be quieter than she had imagined to say the least, but that only fueled the negativity within.

"Are you sure this is the right place...?" She asked the demon beside her, clutching a young bengal tiger close to her chest.

Online Wrathwyrm

Re: Sticks and Stones... and Dragons [M]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:36 AM »
They had left a glassy tower behind in the Seraj Isa, and had flown up north, in the direction of Adela.  She - the rare and beautiful light-skinned Yoreiqi - and he - the dark-haired and possibly Serenian man with demon wings - were on a quest.  Keona was, in truth, only half Yoreiqi.  She had a father that were looking for, and the demon in human-like form was helping her.

But, as the lady said, were they going the right way?

The general idea that Travis had in this was 'Go north and find mountains', the Thunderblacks.  He looked down for a moment, seeing what was likely the Serha Plains right now, and then he looked ahead, seeing a high mountain range growing out of the horizon.  They tell you that mountains with life on them - like trees an such - are the oldest mountains.  The Thunderblacks must've been this very thing.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure.  It's kinda' hard to miss."

Now, something that Travis didn't know was that, while the presence of dragons on the mountain range was well-known, he did not know that people lived here.  Boy, was HE in for a surprise!  So were they...
Signature to be approved by a city council made up of a host of monkeys, then quietly vetoed to insert whatever I feel in the mood for.

Character List Here

Offline RedOptics

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:32:00 PM »
"Eheh... my bad." The woman looked around, eyes heavily scanning the are for any signs of life. Nothing so far, but the flick of a scaly tail nearly caught her attention way up in the distance, "I'm guessing the next thing to do is rest here for a bit?" She asked, feeling Ira squirm uncomfortably.

Oh right, Ira did not like giant lizards one bit. And it was quite clear by the way his tail curled. The things he heard was unsettling him, but Keona couldn't pin point anything. "Mind if we find an unoccupied cave anywhere?" Keo suggested, looking down at her companion before up at her other companion.

Online Wrathwyrm

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 08:06:59 AM »
"Yeah, I think that would probably be in order."

Truly.  You wake up in the morning and fly over miles of valley lowland to reach a mountain highland, you will need a break at some point.  That...and there'd been the distant sound of movement on the horizon, which held the promose of something large having been there a moment ago.  Keona asked about finding an unoccupied cave and Travis wondered if there would be any.  Unoccupied, that is.  Caves would be there, of course, but how many were home to the winged scaleys?  Nevertheless, he nodded.

"Might take a while, but let's do."

Ahead of them, they had a mountain-y area with enough room on them to be considered paths.  Whether or not that was for goats or people, we don't know.  What Travis DID note was the abundance of caves.  They could investigate and see which one's didn't look/smell like they were occupied by dragons.
Signature to be approved by a city council made up of a host of monkeys, then quietly vetoed to insert whatever I feel in the mood for.

Character List Here

Offline RedOptics

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
Hiking up her wings, Keona turned to face away from the wind that picked up, listening to it whistle through the stones and peaks. "If I'm honest with you, I didn't think such high places were this cold..." She couldn't even tell what was snow up top the land, thinking it was simply a type of stone. Ira could feel the heat she created increase, and warbled softly before climbing out of her grasp to hang around her neck, keeping the worst of the breeze from the area.

Deeping inside however, she was praying to the Gods they didn't run into something that wanted to eat them. She had heard all dragons held different levels on intelligence, some could speak to people, some simply ate them. Some knew magic, and some breathed fire. It was indeed a fascinating thought to think about, but the more she considered the odds of a completely untamed, wild beat running at them the more anxious she got.

Online Wrathwyrm

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 12:00:34 AM »
"Well, they're not all volcanoes."

Once landed, it was safe for Ira to walk around, though chilly.  Travis offered Keona his jacket if she needed it.  He didn't.  Or rather, the discomfort was not going to cause him much harm.  In any case, now that they were here, he was going to have a look around to get a layout of the land.  They were at a sort of crossroads, with the steady path they were on branching off into a high road and a low road.  He crouched down to inspect the ground.  It was kind of hard to preserve tracks around here, but there were still traces of things that Travis could identify.

"Let's see...  Dragon tracks that are kind of small, fresh-ish goat tracks, goat...skull...  Okay, that's not good."

Seemed like some pups cornered a goat around here and ate it.  Then, Travis blinked.

"Human tracks?  And they lead away...up there."

He pointed to the high road.  Of course, so did the dragon pup tracks.

Character List Here

Tags: open