Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Killing a criminal underboss

Started by Valtxr, June 21, 2017, 01:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valtxr

My character, Sharon Gordon, needs help. Of the vigilante/justice-seeker/bounty hunter/fellow criminal/assassin/mercenary type.

Sharon's looking to establish her own drug cartel and forcibly take over and impose order on the criminal underworld of Reajh, so she needs to start making a name for herself—or rather, the legend she's trying to create and pretending to work for. To that end, she's found an opportunity to kill a notorious underboss, known only as "Reese", in a small town in Western Connlaoth. Her problem is that she doesn't have many allies, and expects heavy resistance at Reese's hideout.
And, all the while, Sharon is going to be concealing a dark secret.

So, if you have any vigilante, bounty hunter, etc. type characters, perhaps they could be hunting Reese for their own reasons—personal, monetary, or both. Maybe Sharon got in touch with your character before going to the small town to hire them, or she hears their story and invites them to come along. Or there could be another reason entirely for your character joining in. I'm open to anything, even an eventual betrayal.  ;D

Also, @Elekta Kount , I don't know how keen Otto is on pursuing Sharon for what she did in "The Lie We Seek", but if you want to jump in at any point, feel free.  :D

((Fair warning: Given the nature of this plot, graphic violence and other mature situations WILL arise. Be prepared for that))

Gawfy

If Sharon wants to drag Gabe out of a bar he would be more than happy to help.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

My orc and goblin might have a swell time, but I'll think Otto will stay out of this one.

Wrathwyrm

Sharon appears to hate non-humans, which is a shame because the people I have in Connlaoth the most that would have anything to do with this...are not human.

Gary Blight, that goblin-y rogue, would be fine robbing people blind.

Keefe Zarla, the Beastkin assassin, may or may not risk being in the country.

Valtxr

I expected to have between 0 and 1 response to this when I got home from Walmart. Okay, let's see.

@Gawfy Oh yeah, I think Gabe is the only character Sharon actually considers a friend thus far, lol. He'd be welcome. Maybe she met up and asked for his help before going to the small town?

@Elekta Kount All good with Otto. There'd certainly be friction with Ugdanak and Zaggit, but where would the fun be if everyone in this makeshift alliance got along perfectly? Not sure how they'd meet Sharon though, given how adverse to non-humans she is. My character Jorge is going to be helping Sharon, so I suppose they could be responding to a call for mercs from him. It'd be just the sort of thing Jorge would do to annoy Sharon. That's my suggestion, let me know if you've got one.

@Wrathwyrm Like with Elekta, friction is fun. Gary's also capable of disguising himself to look human, so that's a possibility. Double the goblins if both Gary and Zaggit join in  ;D . Funny, but I'm not sure who Sharon would be more horrified of: Keefe or Ugdanak. Either way, beggars can't be choosers, and Sharon's looking for all the help she can get, so she'd have to suck it up.
Either Gary or Keefe could work. I'm certain they'd each have their own unique reason and motivation for helping Sharon/going after Reese, so it'd really be a matter of which would be more interesting for you to play.

@Draconian Raizel, being an actual vigilante, fits quite well into this. And I'm all for you working in a plot point relevant to her identity if you want. Reese, or some of his drug dealing/criminal activities could be worked into it or related in some small fashion. Nothing would please me more than for this to be an opportunity for your character to develop in a meaningful way as well  ;D

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

You know the green skin, they just looking for a good o'l fight.

Wrathwyrm

The only problem with Keefe is that - and Elekta knows this one - there's a menacing vampire that would swoop on down and try to tear her in half if she entered Connlaoth to kill people.  If I involved her, I would have to figure out what timeline this is for her, because Electa's got Otto and Volkhard joining characters of mine and Blink's to have at this Nosferatu.  I may have to pass on her for that basis.

Gary, though...  You make an excellent point about him.  I mean, we could all use a laugh from 'Juggalo Jim' Batmire!

Skwint

Surely someone as familiar with the underworld as Sharon would have heard of the infamous one-armed assassin known only as Black Skull. He has a surprisingly high success rate for only having one arm and he doesn't ask questions. Just show him the money.

Valtxr

The You Who Will Never Be

Got the thread up. For all involved, give it a read and see if it's something your prospective characters might be good for.

Let me know if you don't want to join in, so we're not waiting too long. That's fine; character might not be a good fit after all or you may feel it's too crowded. I'll have other stuff in the future.

@Gawfy  @Elekta Kount  @Wrathwyrm  @Draconian  @Skwint

Wrathwyrm

*Looks over the description of Twin Rivers*

My god, it's Pittsburgh!

I'm in.  I just thought I'd share that.   8)