Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Camping or Town Seeking [open]

Started by GyraZR1, June 21, 2017, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyraZR1

Lady Knight Gyra Kyngard, annoyed at being left out of the job on Yoreiq Island, retrieved her sword, glaive, and over sized war bag from the captain's quarters. Settling her gear between her wing, which despite their size weren't strong enough to let her fly, she looked over the rail and sighed. 'Higher than any tower ever built.' she thought rolling her shoulders and harden onyx eyes in suppressed annoyance. "Approaching the area Lady Gyra." Upon hearing that Gyra easily leapt on top the rail and began readying herself for a rough descent. Glancing at the wind banners fore and aft to gauge wind speed. 'This will suck.' she mused. After a few moments of silent calculation Gyra pushed off of the Steel Gard. That illusive feeling of oneness, which she subconsciously searched for when on the ground, fluttered around her before vanishing on the harsh chilled breeze.

Flaring crimson feathered wings, as she swapped vertical descent speed for forward motion, Gyra scanned for the area for any possible threats. "Do I go looking for a town or just wander about the woods like a freaking hermit?" she inquired aloud. As the weak sun touched her pale exposed skin she closed her eyes for a second fainting recalling something that instantly faded. 'What was that?'

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The gentle breeze blew the tree tops back and forth, but it was clear that more then the wind was making the foliage move. It might have been something foreign....or it might have been simple the wildlife.

All would have been normal in the forest and the women could have been talking to herself, but....seconds later, a man in yellow and green rose from one of the bushes. He was wearing a brown hat and carrying with him a simple looking bow, on his back was a quiver filled with arrows. The man had a curious look on him, but grinned nevertheless.

"Just me, angle." The man said as he stepped out of the foliage and into the clearing. "Don't worry, I'm no hermit. Well, least I'd like to think that I ain't."

GyraZR1

Cursing and grunting as she seemed to smack every damn obstacle on the way down, Gyra managed to get to the clearing. Upon hearing the voice, she instinctively spun and reached for her sword. 'Relax Kyngard, your empathy would warn you if there any hostile intentions aimed towards you.' a voice sounding like her knight-master states. Taking a moment to adopt her usual stance, while simultaneously gauging the man in front of her, Gyra bows her heard in greeting. "Greetings Master Bowman, such a nice crisp day for a walk don't you think so?" she states while moving the sword to her hip. 'Not a bad looking forest. Might get something for dinner later if I see anything worth the effort.' Gyra thought as she glanced about.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Your clearing not from around here, are you?" The huntsmen chuckled. "You want a good meal? Go into town. They've got the stuff that makes the meats actrually taste good."

The man stepped forward some more, looking at the winged lady, he lightly leaned against the frame of his longbow. "The names Gerwen, and you are?..."

GyraZR1

Nodding about her not being from her she mirrored his movement. 'Seems friendly enough. But will it last?' Gyra wondered with an inward sigh. "Gyra, perhaps later when I'm actually hungry and sure of what I want to do while my home is out on a job." she replied while adjusting her bag. 'What to do?' Shaking her head to banish the indecision from her thoughts, Gyra nods as a decision formed. Turning her gaze to Gerwen and rests a hand atop her sword's pommel. 'Since I have now no on the ground knowledge of the area. Would you care to share some your's to enlighten mine?" she inquired.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The man looked at her for a minute in confusion, before he shook his head and said "Well, depends on what you wanna know;towns, city, interastimg things to look at. If you looking for something specific I can help ya out with that."

GyraZR1

'Towns and cities are all the same, nothing new to learn there.' she mused, holding her free arm out. "Why be stuffed in a noising city when we have all this nature around us? Just think of me as a dumb neophyte, teach me something I wouldn't have learned from a book or lecture." she said, stepping aside. Waiting for his answer Gyra looked about herself taking in everything. 'Nice enough to live if I was inclined to set down roots. But that's not in my for seeable future. Given my long list of enemies and my reckless nature.' she added silently.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"There's plenty to learn by just looking and listening. The question for you then becomes what would you want to learn." The huntsmen picked up his bow by its middle part before pulling the string back then letting it go, making a twan noise.

The huntsmen then lowered his head a bit, his hat covering one eye. "You some sort of crusader? Given the way you talk and look."

GyraZR1

"Just an errant knight with no past or blood related family. Just making my way in the world." she said with a nonchalant shrug. Gyra seldom, if ever, thought of her training nowadays. Given how people either don't notice her or see her as some kind of angel to be worshiped. 'Which annoys me to no end.' she mused,  running a hand through her hair. Walking deeper into the forest, after glancing back to see if Gerwen decided to follow, Gyra lets her gaze aimlessly wander the underbrush slowly. Sighing softly she heard everything and gradually lost track of time.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

When the women walked off, Gerwen remained confused. He stood there as the women looked back at him, but as her gaze wandered, Gerwen made some sort of hand signal, before running after the women.

The sound of birds seemed to have picked up, as Gerwen caught up with the women, lightly jogging next to the angel women.

Gerwen then kept his gaze upon the women, now more then curious. "You alright there?" Gerwen asked, silently wondering if it was so thing he said.

GyraZR1

"Just admiring the scenery." Gyra replied. Noticing the increased bird songs, she checked her stride and focused on her empathy. As she sent out tendrils to search out the cause Gyra narrowed her eyes slightly. 'Persistent bastard will never quit.' she thought when a unwanted empathic echo reached her. Sliding her war bag off, incase this pest decided to start something, and tighten her grip. "Don't do it idiot, not now, I'm not in a brawling mood." she whispered when the giant halfling stepped out the brush. Matching glares with the ugly brute, Gyra watched the massive knife be slowly drawn. Shaking her heading in silent resignation of what present, she drew her sword and groaned. Moving away from Gerwen, Gyra rolled her shoulders which caused her wings the flutter.

The halfling charged at Gyra, swinging the blade straight for her head. Ducking under, she rushed in to punch him. But got a swift mule kick for her trouble. Bare able to avoid hitting Gerwen, Gyra managed to land on her feet and catch her breath. "Die lil' ang'l b'tc'." "Maybe someday to a worthy adversary or old age. But not to a vile creature like you, halfling." she replied while spitting. Meeting the the halfling in a clash of blades, Gyra began to push him back with all the anger she held.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

(What exactly is going on right now?)

Tags: