Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Cold Night and Unexpected Connection [OPEN or Asta]

Started by GyraZR1, June 26, 2017, 07:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyraZR1

Sitting amongst woods folk and trappers in an old long house as it was pelted with heavy snow, Gyra enfolded herself in her wings as she tried not become a bipedal popsicle. Despite being dressed for the weather and in a building, she still felt the biting cold reach inside her and cause involuntary shakes. Standing up swiftly, making sure to not bump into anyone, Gyra grasps her war bag and moves closer the roaring fire. 'Should have stay on the Steel Gard and went with them. But no, I had to stay and help a small family fend bandits and wild animals. Which four gods be damned days and nights.' she thought with annoyance laced just under the surface. Closing her eyes against the outside world she fell gradually in to herself. Replaying memories of more enjoyable times she didn't realized that she had moved against a thickly insulated inner wall and clung to her war bag.

A touch made her come to, instinctively drawing her knife from the war bag. But she halted her movement as the burly female barely flinched. 'Right, probably not her first time waking an armed person.' she thought with a breath. Resheathing her blade, Gyra noticed that the female had a huge fur cloak in her hand. "Ye need t'is." She opened her mouth to argue, but the female was having none of it. As she shoved the cloak at Gyra, she left to return her bedrolls. 'Silly i'iot.' Gyra just sighed and accepted the cloak since there was no arguing. Draping it over her, feeling the warmth gradually return, she heard another person enter the long house. A quick glance told her all she cared to know, short blonde dressed in furs and moved like trapper. 'Pretty enough if I was looking for a companion.' Gyra mused before pulling her head into her new cloak and closed her eyes.

Tags: