Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hiya hiya!

Started by wispedheart, July 16, 2017, 11:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wispedheart

Well, hello there! I thought I'd pop in and do a quick intro. I'm wispedheart, but a lot of people either call me Wisp or Heart, your preference, honestly. I'm a 19-year-old female, and (I'm mostly saying this to preemptively chase away any possible homophobes) a lesbian. I've been roleplaying since I was 8, so about 11 years now!

I'm an writer primarily,  but I do art as well, so keep your eye out for a possible forum topic on that. I like practicing by doing free commissions. <3

I think that's pretty basic, but if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask! I don't bite.

Wrathwyrm

Ah, hello fellow writer.

Welcome to the board.  I am who I am, but please don't call me Wyrm.  I think that you'll find this place to be relaxing and fun.

wispedheart

Hi! Thanks!

If you don't prefer Wyrm, I assume Wrath is okay? Or is there another name you prefer?

Yes, it definitely seems friendly so far! I've had my fair share of.... tumultuous... forums, so I'm glad to find a place that seems a bit more gentle.

I just noticed I put "I'm an writer," which literally negates itself in a ridiculous way.

Wrathwyrm

Well...

In all seriousness, Wrath or Wrathwyrm is totes fine with me.

As for the site, the staff will tell you that this place is largely character and story-driven more than about the powers that characters may have to get them through the day.  Everyone sets their own limits and discusses how they want things to be.

Don't sweat the typos too badly.  As a writer, you know that they are a constant plague. You just have to find them and crush their will to survive as you stamp their teeth in and raise your axe to-

Uhhh...

I'm sorry, what was I saying again?

wispedheart

lol, every time I see those long names I think of Esteban from that old Disney show, Sweet Life of Zack and Cody. And Dumbledore, tbh.

And okie doke! I'll keep that in mind.

I noticed that when I found the Wants and Limits section! That's something I've honestly never come across before, but it's so cool! I can't believe more places don't have it. 10/10 best feature I've seen thus far.

Oh boy, do I get the typos plague. I have Grammarly on literally ALL of the time and I still have things slip through sometimes.

And you were giving me interesting and highly useful information on how to take down one's worst enemy. I'll keep the axe in mind, at least they'll go out in style.