Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

colorist anyone?

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2006, 01:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Last request! its the tail, could you change the black inked devider into his fur-colour and "purify" the white on his tail to match his muzzle? pleaaaaase *grabs sola and holds her infront of him as leverage*

Sola: Meep?

Anonymous

refresh and your desires shall be realized

Anonymous

how longs it take?  :shock: *still looks the same to him* pardon my inpatience.

Anonymous

i said refresh.  look at the picture, then hit the refresh button on your browser.  it should replace itself with the new one i uploaded.  i can see the new one.  it's the one that's still on page two.

Anonymous

msn would make this sooooooo much easier. XD

*coughjonat_c87@hotmail.comcough*

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonas"msn would make this sooooooo much easier. XD

*coughjonat_c87@hotmail.comcough*

But doesn't show off his artistic colouring skills for potential, uh, something or other.

Anyway I see it, it looks better. :D Great job Xellos.

Anonymous

*sees it now*

:O THATS PERFECT! *throws sola at xellos to glomp* Thanks! *brandishes it with a skip*

Anonymous

Yes I finally got around to scanning some more art - Yay!

They are here: Click me!

If any of the non-coloured ones should strike your fancy let me know and I'll give you a palette ^__^

Anonymous

i managed to clean up four of the linearts to a point i could do something with them.  ;p yay!!  i plan on doing them in this order, so give me some color schemes soon.  i'm looking forward to it.  

EnkiPoppy
EnkinMardukbedtime
MineAlways
Lemoncake

i've never done a background before, so i really look forward to Lemoncake, (my fav kind of cake, btw) but i feel like saving the best for last. ;p  hurry NC!  i wanna get crackin, already!

Anonymous

I knew there was a deep mystical meaning behind the name Lemon cake when I couldn't think of a decent name. That, and I just got done reading a Storm of Swords and they talk about lemon cakes in there >.>  <.<

Alrighty now. Let's get some colours down.

Enki/Poppy:
Both of the skin tones in that one are pale with the faintest hint of grey (Enki has black blood, so he would look greyish where a red blooded person would look pink). The grey isn't enough to make him look like a zombie, but its there nonetheless. The eyes are red-gold, in game they change colours so you can have fun mixing up the red and gold portions of his eyes. The hair is silver and black, kind of an even mix of both but its a chaotic mix if you catch my drift.

Now for the clothes. Enki (the one on the left) has a cream coloured shirt and a black surcoat with silver trim around the v-neck part of it. Poppy (the girly looking one XD) has a very light, almost white, purple shirt; a celadon sash-thing; the eye shadow is a sort of sandy colour with a bit of green blended in and accented in the crease (of course, if this colour starts looking ugly use your own professional judgement). The lipstick is a berryish kind of colour.

Special note, for this and any other picture that Enki is in; that heavy link on his upper eye is supposed to be there. He has permanent eyeliner.

EnkiMardukbedtime:
Enki's genetic colouring is the same as in Enki/Poppy. Marduk has a warm complexion, he's a bit on the pale side, but his skintone is a little more pinkish/orange-ish than Enki's. Marduk's hair is almost the same colour as Oris', it's just a smidgeon lighter and brighter. Enki's shirt is rust coloured with a purple, pearl and silver trim up at the sleeve, purple in the band, pearl for the dots and silver around the edges. You can go wild with the sheets, heh heh I don't imagine them being any particular colour. And, if you could, could you put a few sparkles around Marduk? Marduk is almost constantly surrounded by the things and they pop up as any colour of the rainbow.

Ack. I have to leave the computer now... grrr. But, I shall give you the rest of the colours ASAP.

Alrighty now, let's get on with this circus...

MineAlways:
Hyacinthe (the character that doesn't look like cousin It XD) has a light tan to his skin, the scars being a little lighter than his skin tone. His eyes are blue-black, kind of like how some beetles are one colour and have a different coloured sheen, and his hair is blue-silverish-grey kind of like this. The sweater-tank thing is a dingy grey and his pants are dun. Cousin It, a.k.a. Lanoir, should be a translucent black with darker black where her little eye hole is.

And now your favorite, Lemoncake:
Enki is Enki-coloured as far as genetics go. The scarf around his neck is red, the shirt underneath it is off-white, the torn surcoat is black while the part that looks like it would be a bar if the garment was whole is yellow. Marduk's colouring can be neatly described in this spaghetti-esque collection of arrows you don't have to limit yourself to the colours in the chart thing though, I was just trying to keep the arrows from getting jumbled.

Now for the good part, the background! The tree is... I can't remember exactly what type of tree it was or if there were any specifics in that thread, but you can't go wrong with a mixture of browns, greys and blacks. The grass is typical golf course coloured, various shades of lush green with maybe a few bits of yellow brown thrown in to spice it up a bit. The sword is all silver, it's not as exciting colour-wise as the tree and grass.

Whew. Have fun with these!

Anonymous

well, i'd have finished the first one, but you forgot to give me the colors for the flower in Poppy's hair. >.<  if it's a real flower, just find me a pic of one, and that'll do fine.

Anonymous

I actually remembered that I didn't put the colours in for that eight seconds after I wrote the first part of the chart.

Then when I wrote the second part I completely and totally forgot about it - d'oh! The flower has the same colours as his/her clothing, not the exact same shades but lighter and darker varients of the clothes colours.

Anonymous

since ya didn't completely specify color locations and such for the flower, i winged it.  also, i hope you like the hair.  i played around with different things in photoshop until i got something that looked good.  it took a while xP.  enjoy!  let me know if any of the colors are a little off.

Anonymous

heh, after doing Enki's hair, i got a better idea of how to do Oris's hair, so i went back and fixed it.  it was also while doing this that i realized that Oris had an earring that i never even noticed before, so i filled that in this time, as well.

Anonymous

picture the second!  remember that adjustments can be easily made, including to the little sparkles.  if you want them smaller or more abundant or anything, let me know.

Anonymous

I so just got eyeball juices all over this computer... *puts eyes back in skull*

You know, I don't get as jumpy as I used to when I put my eyes back in my skull. I'm all but used to seeing hands flopping dangerously close to my eyes XD

The skintones in those two pictures are perfect, abolutely perfect. That effect on Enki's hair is pretty, it almost makes it look like water. 'Tis excellent as always.

Two little bits though. Poppy's shoulder ends at the scarf, all those extra bits are some stuff I didn't erase thoroughly ^__^;; And Marduk's hair doesn't have any black in it, his hair is the same colour as the light part of Oris' hair (I should have been more specific, that's my bad).

Anonymous

oh, man, i've been so busy recently, but i did manage to fix those first two pics.  if you haven't noticed already, you should hit refresh on the browser.  also, here's the next one.  guuu, i'm not feeling so well this morning.  it's throwing off my muse for actual posting. xb

Anonymous

C'est magnifique! Look at me, I've run out of compliments in English so I've got to switch to the only language I know something nice in to avoid being over-redundant XD

I really like the way you did the scars, especially how the ones on his arms are different from the one on his face. I can't wait to see how you did Lemoncake now.

Hope you get better soon ^_____^

Anonymous

Quote from: "Xellos"

Dunno why, that just reminds me of Ramna...

Anonymous

QuoteDunno why, that just reminds me of Ramna...

Very interes-tink. But, I could see a situation like this happening in Ranma 1/2 and could definitely imagine the expression within. Gah, I need to watch/read more Ranma T_T