Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

colorist anyone?

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2006, 01:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

ahaha, as i said, i'm desperately trying to resurrect my prose muse, and giving me pics to work on is a good method of keeping me around here.  i should be better once school starts again cuz i've got a short stories writing class in the lineup.

what's funny?  i never actually went here to see Jonat's requests for that pic.  i got it from his dA page and just free-birded the entire background.  i got it close to what he asked for, at least!

i copied that pic you put in your scraps, Nightcandle, and just copied the one you posted here.  i can tell we're both gonna be busy for as long as you're taking this challenge.  !!  feel free to ask any crazy thing about special effects and background stuff!  it'll force me to practice...

Anonymous

That's because you're 1337 Xellos. You have ninj4 1337n3ss XD

Yesh, hopefully having to write short stories will reinvigorate your muse some. Or mayhap when your artsy muse starts getting overworked she'll start complaining and wake the prose muse up, heh heh.

Now, for those colours...

Sattisi:
The girl being held onto is easy. Sort of XD Her hair is dark brown and all glamourized and shiny like it's been nuked with Pantene ProV. Her skin is a sort of middle ground between fairskinned and lightly tanned, she has a little colour but not too much. Her eyes are a clear green, almost like a green glass bottle. The peircings above her eyebrow are silver studs and her tattoos are both black with the cross being a nice bloody red colour. Her jackety thing is shiny black leather with the zip pull being silver like the peircings.

As for the other girl, she's as dull as the other girl is shiny. Her hair is a dark, blackish-green and her skin is a pale, drained sort of colour. Kind of like vampire skin, because she has so many open wounds all over her and thus doesn't have much blood to make her look lively. She has plenty of bloody cuts on her forhead, a couple on her cheeks, the bandaged and unbandaged ones on her arm, cracked and bloody fingernails, a hole in the back of the hand with the bandages and an open wound on her torso. Go crazy with the blood XD Her normal eye is the same colour as the other girl's eyes only less vibrant, the other is all bloodshot and is a creepy yellow-green colour. Her little lip rings are dark coloured, kind of like tarnished iron. Her shirt and pants are tan coloured, with dark leathery belts and the bandages are off-white or they would be if they weren't all blood stained and stuff.

Youngd:
You should have never offered to do special effects XD since this one could use one. Well, enough with the blahing.
There's another picture in my DA account, evil and hideous as if may be, that has all of Da-hjok's colouring nice and handy. It is here. Though, I would add a bit more brassiness to the blonde part of his hair, enough to make it more goldish instead of that cornflower colour I've got going on there. And since the shine is playing merry hell with how his streaks look, I'll go ahead and list them. They're a soft brown, platinum-metal (sort of like the silvery part of Oris' hair) and black. His coat is still that crazy weird greenish colour and his slacks are still white. The only blood in this picture, as I said in my Comment, is the little drip on his cheek. His earrings are also green, the same kind of wonky green in his coat.
Now for the effect! If you could, could you give him some little ethereal looking red wings? Sort of like the wings in this but smaller and red instead of white.

Have fun ^__^

Anonymous

awww, thankies!

and here i was about to complain that you hadn't told me the colors yet...  !but!  you really did come through for me!  woot!  something to do today.

hrrrm, i'll see what i can do about wings... that's kind of like drawing something extra in, and i'm bad at drawing, especially with only a mouse.  it might look really bad, so i'll experiment until i decide it's ugly and just leave it out. XP

Anonymous

aaaaaaaahh, here's the first one!  the wings were at least passable, so i decided to leave them in.  the next one should be fun, since i get to play around with random blood.  glee!  tanoshimi ni!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nightcandle"Jonas, it's time for you to show Rent up. You have to let loose the magnum-opus pic of ultra awesomeness and make his brain go ka-blooie! Shouldn't be too hard after that last pic you posted here. I love it with +8 love of goodness. Her expression is utterly adorable ^__^

Thanks! ^^

I've got a couple planned, but i haven't started anything. Still need to draw someones character called Aki and i've been putting it off.

Anonymous

Wow, that was fast! XD Once again you totally own my soul.

I actually kinda like the wings, they look almost skeletal - which, like the blood, pumps up the irony factor for the image heh heh. I'm gonna get skippy to post it on DA once I finish this here post.

Woo-hoo for more Jonas piccage ^__^

Anonymous

Woot!

Contest entry for LunaDarkGoddess. Okay! Here's how she should look coloured:

//http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33963866/

Any problems, i'll point them out as usual!

Oh! and the background is a kinda nevada desert.. notice the route 66 signpost.. lol.

And the sun is setting.

Have fun and it's due for 4th september! :D

Anonymous

and this one wasn't so fast...  but i'm finally done!  now to get on that contest entry.  also, i see you got another pic for your 100 pics thing, Nightcandle.  colors would help!

Anonymous

Ohmigoshness! Satrina looks like she glowing - so pretty - and Tisi's all lovely and gorey. I absolutely adore the yellowness in her nails and the softness of Satrina's lips. The blood is a tad bright, but then again Tisiphone's not human so her blood wouldn't look like a human's would.

Want to steal... cute... hitchhiking... horned and winged cuteness T_T Must... not... steal... cute... hitchhiking... horned and winged cuteness... I have the power... I will resist!

Or maybe I won't *steals and runs*

*promptly beaten by Morality Bat*

*sniffs and gives up cute hitchhiking horned and winged cuteness*

Ah well, I tried, now for those colours XD This should be easy since I have some crappy oekaki pics of the adult women in it.

Malanon (the woman with horns):
Mal's colours are here, only her vest isn't the grey/blue thing she's wearing in the oekaki since at that time she was a soldier of Serendipity and now she's a freebird. Now she just sticks to a simple black vest with brownish buttons. Her pants are a tannish colour and her sarong-thing is a couple shades darker and browner. For the most part her genetic colours in the oekaki are correct, except for her hair. I got lazy and made it that odd browny-pink colour because I was too lazy to colour it correctly. Mal's hair is naturally the same brown as a whitetail deer's brown fur but it's blonded a bit from all the time she spends outside.

Arien/Pastel/That chick with the blacker than black robe:
Ari's robe is supposed to be that black, it's a nasty colour sucking garment that robe XD Her very quickly scratched together oekaki is here. I apologize for letting you know that this thing even exists XD But, for all it's atrocious badness, it's leaning in the right direction. Her robe colours are the same as in the oekaki; white for the collar and the garment it's attached to, gold for the V-neck robe and the sleeves (if you feel up to it you can scribble some runey things in the collar of the V-neck robe) and gray-ish colour for the sash around her waist since it's a gauzey type material and lets the blackness of the robe bleed through it. Her hair, like Mal's, is a little half-assed; the main colour is a bit of a softer grey and the two streaks of cyan are supposed to be on her right side rather than placed evenly. Her skin would almost look like a healthier version of Tisiphone's except for the little markings, which are all the same colour they are in the oekaki and have a little glow to them. Her eyes are rainbow coloured.

Sigi (the baby):
I never really thought of what colour Sigi's blanket would be. It's probably a sheet so I'd say it's a pale cream colour. Her skin is several shades paler than Mal's because she's a baby and because her father has fairly light skin. Her eyes are very dark purple, kind of like a dark amethyst where they look black but reflect a purple light - if that makes any sense XD Feel free to add some soft hi-lights to her curls if you want.

Anonymous

haHA!  toldja i'd get this out before the deadline!

and thanks for the colors; i'll get right on that. XD

Anonymous

OMG I want to steal it even more now T__T