Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trying to get started

Started by PumpkinSwift, October 23, 2017, 08:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PumpkinSwift

Okay, so I'm new here and  need a little help. I want to get a feel for this site without doing tons of aimless siding through articles, so I would like it if you guys could.point me in the right direction. I'm not clear on character creation, I don't know of that needs to be filled on the site and if so where to go to do so. I'd also like to read through some of the series people have already made to get a feel for that, too. I welcome suggestions.

GoblinFae

First of all welcome to SotE! We're happy to have you!

What I would suggest you do first is read our rules information. (Don't worry it's short and harmless!) After that I would venture into the world page which describes the setting and will help give you a strong feel for our little sandbox here.

As for character creation you can find a suggested form here. However feel free to fill in as much or as little of it as you'd like. Some members write books. Others leave whole sections blank or make their own style of character profile. The sky's the limit! You don't even have to make a profile though it is highly recommended as it helps other memebers learn about your character(s) and become interested in playing with them.

You could also fill out the wants and limits if you want which just signals to other players what you do and do not want to RP. It's not required but some people find it quite helpful.

As for reading threads, you are more than welcome to read everything and anything. Many members keep a list of the threads each of their characters have been in if you're by looking for a specific insight to one character or another.

I hope you've found at least some of this helpful and that I've been able to answer your questions. If I haven't or if you find yourself with more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch and eager to assist!

Happy Writing!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]