Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Humans and Dragons {DragonSong}

Started by Celegwen, December 20, 2017, 02:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

A dangerously confident smirk tugged at the girl's lips. "Well, feel free to turn it down, but if she can blend in Connlaoth, I think you probably could too." She locked eyes with him, hoping he understood what she was implying, but knowing that dragons tended to be thick-skulled.

DragonSong

"Whoa, hey." He raised his hands and backed up a step, shaking his head. "L-look, even if I could...I can't just leave Da. He'd be so pissed, and he's already felt like his family's abandoned him, I just couldn't..."

Celegwen

Freisae pursed her lips, looking past Karyn in the direction where Ren was lounging. He was out of sight, but she felt that he was still in that general area.

"Does he have a human form?" She asked.

"Not all dragons-" Baylrys started.

"I know not all dragons do," the girl interrupted, snapping her head around. "Some do though, now hush." Freisae sighed, looking back at Karyn. "So?"

DragonSong

Karyn raised one eyebrow slowly. "Uh...how else would he have half-dragon children?" Almost instantly he screwed his face up and covered his ears. "Scratch that, I don't want to think about it. And look, I already told you Brigid didn't even know he was a dragon. 'Course he has an avatar."

More than one. Much more than one. Though he saw no need to bring that up just yet.

Celegwen

Alright, she thought, glancing to the side briefly, that probably was a stupid question.

The girl shrugged with a smirk. "So, if he can appear as a human, why not ask him to come?" She asked. "I know it would be a long shot, but it would be a chance to meet his daughter..."

DragonSong

The half-dragon sighed and rubbed at the back of his neck again. It seemed to be a nervous habit. "I mean...I can ask...but I don't think he'll agree to it," he mumbled dejectedly.

Celegwen

"Well, do you have a better idea?" Freisae asked him, hands finding their way to her hips with a shrug. "Or do you want him to just keep moping for a few thousand more years?"

DragonSong

Karyn blushed, looked away, looked back, opened his mouth, closed it again-- and sighed.

"We could, um..." He licked his lips a little nervously. "We could...try to find her? And...bring her...here?"

Celegwen

Freisae lifted her brows, the corners of her mouth turned downward, not in upset, but rather in brief contemplation. It was a thought. It would probably easier to travel as two than three anyway, so perhaps that was the smarter way to go.

"Okay," she said. "Let's go find your sister! Would you like to tell your dad? Or would he put up too much of a fight for you to stay?"

DragonSong

"Ah..." Once again Karyn hedged, debating, then he smiled a little tightly and nodded. "Let's just go."

Celegwen

Freisae smiled, nodding once. "Well, then, we should probably get a move on. Wouldn't want your dad upset for too long!"

"Are you forgetting me?" Baylrys asked, almost sounding dumbfounded. "I can't stroll into Connlaoth unnoticed."

"Of course not," she said. "You'll wait outside the border. We shouldn't take too long, and you just need to stay out of trouble. It'll be fine, Rys. You trust me, right?" He just groaned, which made Freisae chuckle, walking towards the large dragon. She looked at Karyn with a smile. "Are you riding with me?"

DragonSong

Karyn blinked, hesitated, then smiled and shook his head. He let his wings unfurl as he followed. "Nah. I'll do fine on my own."

((End?))

Tags: