Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Lit Up (SDB!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, January 07, 2018, 06:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Very good!" Taza said happily, still not relinquishing her grip on the child. "Now Randal, what do you say?"

The boy opened his mouth, then paused as he saw the look Taza was giving him. He sighed. "Don't worry about it Cass!" he said, throwing his hands into the air excitedly. "I forgive you!"

"And I forgive you too!" Taza concurred, roughly leading the girl away. "Aren't manners wonderful? I think we all learned something valuable today." she said, shoving shoving Cassiopeia out the door. ""Remember, if you ever need flowers..." Taza's face turned to one of pure disdain. "...Don't come here."

She slammed the door behind the girl, locking it shut. She turned to the boy, who'd gone back to scratching. "Now, let's see if we have aloe vera in stock..."

Celegwen

Stupid lady, Cassiopeia thought, as the door slammed and locked behind her. She straightened out her dress with her upper lip twitching. The girl stormed back into the alley, picking up her knife where Taza had forced it out of her hand. She clenched her fists and disappeared into her secret hideout beneath one of the abandoned buildings.

~ one month later ~

The girl ran out of a shop with a chicken leg and two potatoes in her hands. She whirled around the bend breathlessly, a cocky grin on her thin lips. A woman raced past her on the street, grumbling about a little thief.

Cassiopeia made her way through the alleys, putting one potato in each of her dress pockets and picking apart the chicken leg as she walked. Glancing onto the street to make sure the coast was clear, she shook her head with a smile. I know you! She thought, jogging across the street to the other side.

"Hey!" She said from behind the familiar dark-haired boy. "You're still alive?" It was more of a statement than a question, but Cassiopeia was slightly surprised that Randal was still kicking.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The air was crisp and chilly as Randal made his way to his third favorite place in the city- the only candy shop in Zantaric. Blue Orchid had exceeded their sales goals for the month, and it was cause to celebrate! The boy grinned as he felt the surplus of coins in his pocket. "Maybe they'll have maple nut toffee today!"

A familiar sounding voice snapped the boy out of his fantasies. "Hello!" he said as he turned around. His face went blank as he saw who it was. "Oh no!" he thought, eyes beginning to widen. "Taza told me not to talk to her!" He shifted in his feet uncomfortably. "But I can't tell her that I won't talk to her! That would be rude!" He swallowed. "I can't pretend I didn't hear her, I'm already staring right at her! What do I do?"

"Um..." Randal said. "I gotta go!" With that he'd hurry away. "Please, please don't follow me!"

Celegwen

Randal was silent for a few seconds with wide eyes when he saw who was following him. Cassiopeia lifted one brow, waiting for him to respond, then he just said he had to go.

How rude! The girl thought, her lip twitching.

She sped up to walk next to him. "Where are ya goin'?" Cassiopeia asked, tilting her head to look at him. "And I don't like people walking away from me." That last comment held a sinister tone to it, one she'd been working on for a few weeks.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Upon seeing the girl begin to walk next to him, Randal quickened his pace. "No no no no no! Stop following me!" Cassiopeia's tone was threatening, causing the boy to wince. "I'm just going to the candy shop!" he said a bit too quickly. "Nothing important, haha!"

"Crud, now she's definitely gonna follow me. Great going, Randal!"

Celegwen

"I want candy, too!" Cassiopeia chirped excitedly. She quickened her pace as Randal did, frowning and glaring at him unintentionally.

Why's he going so fast? She thought.

"Why are you running away from me?" She asked loudly. "Do you not like me or something?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Randal had now broken into a full-fledged run. "You gave me spots!" he cried, legs moving faster and faster with each second. "I was scratching for- OOF!"

Not looking where he was going, the boy tripped and fell over. His eyes watered- he had scraped his knee. Shooting a quick glance at the rolled up parchment he'd slipped on, Randal's gaze soon turned to the approaching girl. "Come oooooon!" he whined. "Go away! Taza says I'm not allowed to talk to you!"

Celegwen

"You whine like a mule!" Cass spat. "You're still alive!"

The girl looked at the tears threatening to spill from Randal's eyes, and felt an unfamiliar pity for him. She knelt next to him with pursed lips, her brown eyes momentarily flashing green - different from the gold that she used to generate illness.

"If you tell anyone I did this, I'll give you small pox." She waved her hand quickly over his knee with a common cold germ on her skin. He wouldn't contract the cold, but it acted as a magnet to draw his white blood cells to the injury. It would be completely healed in seconds. Cass shot him a cold stare. "Again, small pox if you tell!"

She stood up and started walking away, then turned back to him with furrowed brows. "What do you mean you're not allowed to talk to me? If Taza wasn't here, would you talk to me?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Randal flinched, whimpering as the girl's eyes began to glow. "No no no! She's gonna do it again!" he thought, clenching his eyes shut. "Taza's gonna take away my library privileges when she finds out!" The boy's lips trembled, waiting for the itch to return...

But it never came. Opening his eyes, Randal saw that his scraped knee was rapidly healing. His eyes widened. "S-small pox..." the young dealer murmured. "R-right..." 

"Why is she being nice? I thought for sure she'd be mean..."

Randal stood up slowly. "B-but Taza isn't here! If she were here, you'd be staying away!" The boy gave the girl a confused look. "Why d'you wanna talk to me anyway? Don't you not like me or something?"

Celegwen

Cass laughed dismissively. "Why would you think I don't like you?" She exclaimed. "You're one of my favorite toys!"

The young girl frowned slightly. What do you mean she isn't here? She has you basically on a leash!

The frown quickly disappeared, replaced with a shake of her head. "Obviously Taza isn't here, you nincompoop! I meant if she wasn't around! Like, if Taza wasn't around, we could talk and be friends and stuff, right?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Toy?" Randal said nervously. "B-but I'm not a toy! I'm a person!" He crossed his arms, trying his best to look brave. "And no. Taza makes good decisions, if she says you're bad then that means you're no good."

"Oh no! Why did I say that? What if she gets mad and makes me sick again?"

The boy looked both ways. "But, uh, I guess I can't stop you if you wanna go to the candy shop too..."

"Oh Kia, I could get in so much trouble for this!"

Celegwen

"Well, obviously I'm no good!" The girl snorted, biting her lower lip. "This place is meant for bad guys! This is where good guys lose!"

What do you mean you're not a toy? Cass thought, hiding her confusion well. Anyone can be my toy!

She huffed, rocking on her heels briefly. "What's your favorite candy?" She asked, following him. "Mine's butterscotch. I've stolen so much butterscotch! It tastes better stolen, ya know."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"This is where good guys lose!" The words rang in Randal's mind as he walked. It was true if course- being an awesome bad guy was the boy's dream. It was also true, however, that there were different kinds of bad guy. There were also monsters (as Taza called them), people like Chrysanthemum and the Gorwood brothers. Those people were worse than bad- they deserved to have annoying heroes come after them.

"Um..." Randal said distractedly. "I like fruit gums..." The boy furrowed his brow. "So, what kind of bad guy d'you wanna be?" he asked. "I wanna be a drug dealer!"

Celegwen

"I wanna be an assassin," she said, a fire in her eyes. "Ya know, like the ones who no one ever knows was there!"

She smirked, imagining being all grown up and even more powerful than she was. It was a dream of hers to be one of the best assassins ever. That was kind of difficult when she didn't have anyone to help develop her skills, but she refused to give up!

"Why a drug dealer?" She asked, scrunching her nose. "What do drug dealers do? That's not cool and dangerous..."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"You don't know what a drug dealer is?" Randal asked, eyes wide with shock. "They're only like, the coolest thing ever!" The boy puffed up his chest in pride. "They sell plants and things that are illegal! Like opium, and fenshade! And then sometimes there are big fights between rival dealers, and sabotage, and even murders!" He beamed. "I'm gonna be the best dealer ever! Just you wait!"

Randal glanced back as Cassiopeia. "I know an assassin! She's so cool, she doesn't even have to kill people! She just hangs out!"

Celegwen

Cassiopeia's expression twisted into something that resembled disgust. "Why wouldn't she kill anyone?" She exclaimed in shock, putting her hands on her hips. "That's the point of being an assassin! What's she do...? Pretend she kills?"

The girl snorted slightly with overconfidence. The thought of an assassin who didn't kill was just a ridiculous concept to her.

She smirked with pursed lips. "Hey, what if we become partners when we grow up? Like, you're the best drug dealer, and I'm the best assassin. We could be the best criminals in Zantaric ever!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Oh..." Randal said softly. "That's really nice of you to offer, but I'm kinda already part of a group..."

"Oh gosh, I hope that was polite enough!" the boy thought nervously. The girl's offer was very abrupt, and had caught him extremely off guard. "Ahh, I really hope she isn't mad!"

"Haha, sorry!" he said, trying to sound less worried then he really was. "Maybe you could join my crew when you're older? That might be nice..."

"Oh god, I hope she doesn't try to join! She's weiiiiiird!"

"Hey look!" he suddenly said, pointing to a building up ahead. "There it is! Race you there!" The boy took off in a sprint, rushing towards the candy shop's door...

Celegwen

He'll agree eventually, Cass thought, unconsciously glaring at the boy when he gave her his albeit rather nice rejection. Nevertheless, it was a rejection, and Cassiopeia isn't exactly fond of being rejected. After all, the last people who rejected her - when she was sick - all ended up dead.

She didn't really want to kill Randal, though: he was fun! Speaking of which...

"No fair!" She called after him. "You got a head start!" She started running after him, barely gaining on him at all. She didn't need to win, but maybe she'd give him a cold or something for cheating.

Not worth it, she thought, reaching the candy shop after he did.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Laughing gleefully, Randal swung open the door of the candy shop. The door chimes jingled violently. "Haha! Beat you! I wi-OOF!"

The boy crashed headfirst into somebody, knocking them over. Looking down, Randal saw Tiffany Starbrite on the floor rubbing his head. "Oh! I'm really sorry, I was in the way!" the pink haired... person said. Immediately he stood up, pink marshmallows galling out of a hole in the paper bag he'd been carrying. "Are you alright Randal? You aren't hurt, are you?" 

"Umm..." Randal said, pointing to the floor. "Your candy fell..."

Tiffany covered his mouth with his hands. "Oh my gosh!" he gasped. "That's not good at all!"

Celegwen

Catching up to Randal in the candy shop, she laughed immediately at the pink haired girl on the floor. "You dropped your candy," she said after the boy.

She eyed the...was it a girl? Cass suddenly became confused at whether or not this person was male or female. "Uh, are you a boy or a girl?" She blurted out, not realizing that it could be incredibly offensive.

Cass moved around the person with her back towards the candies and hands behind her back, picking candies and slyly putting them in her pockets.

Tags: