Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Unusual Suspects [Eckhart, Dragonsong]

Started by emeraldknight, February 24, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emeraldknight

At this point, Arcturus had two thoughts running through his head: "You have got to be fucking kidding me!", and "Would this be considered an Essyrnian standoff or a game of chicken?"

Clearly, the situation had four possible resolutions: ALICE died, the archer died, they both died, or an outside force intervened. He liked the sound of that last one, but ensuring that meant preventing deaths and praying very hard for something to happen. Whether the bank heist succeeded or not was off the table completely, so for now, keeping people alive was the only goal. The demon only wanted him to be loyal to the anarchists, and Arctutus doubted that Chelsea would want him causing deaths. It would only break her naive views on what anarchism really meant. As there was no money to be found, the mission was a failure, and therefore he had no orders, and was free as long as he got back to HQ sometime soon. "For once, doing some good is in the realm of possibility".

"Look, Ms. Mordecai, it works both ways. However, I think that this brother of yours might be a tad more valuable than the guy I've barely talked to before today. You kill him, your brother dies. I kill your brother, ALICE dies. It's a no-win situation, but ultimately, the consequences on your side are much more severe." He hoped that was okay. "Make them believe you have the power", he thought to himself. "I am in power here".

DragonSong

"Kay!"

"Mia, don't you dare." The archer stared his sister down, jaw set despite the blade at his throat.

Gritting her teeth, the mordecai slowly stepped back from the bard, raising her hands. Her eyes snapped fire and Kay groaned under his breath.

"I hope you're proud," he hissed at his captor. "Look at these people. They're terrified. For what? Some sick, twisted sense of justice? How is this helping them?"

emeraldknight

"Phew"

He sighed in relief, happy that the situation was salvaged. However, this good feeling was shattered when his hostage asked him one of those questions. Arcturus always hated when someone said something like that. "Why are you doing this?", or "How do you live with yourself?" The answer was never easily explained. He wondered how the others in the CFA could deal with things like this.

"I'd be happy to let the musician explain what we're doing here, if you'd be so inclined to listen". He really wanted to thank the woman for letting ALICE go, but he really wasn't in the position to do so, not with a knife to her brother's throat. Even if he did, it would show weakness, and jeopardize ALICE again. Arcturus just wanted to get back to base, forget about everything, and sleep.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The next few seconds seemed to pass like a blur. ALICE had a knife pressed to his neck by the Mordecai whore, then before he could protest both Arcturus and the archer convinced her to fuck off. "Huh." the bard thought. "These pigs are fucking pushovers..." 

As the woman steped away, ALICE strummed a chord on his lyre. "Ha! You two are supposed to be Mordecai?" the teenager said smugly. "What a bunch of jokes!" Suddenly the boy's eyes widened. "Oh fuck! Arcturus, do you know what we need?" He threw his hands in the air dramatically. "Pamphlets! That way we can leave a little manifesto wherever we go! That'd be, like, the best recruiting tool ever!"

ALICE grinned, seemingly unaware of how bad a time it was to talk about this...

emeraldknight

If it was possible to die of exasperation, Arcturus was doing it. "ALICE, just stop. I- Just stop." It really felt like a chore even to say it. The best option seemed to be to tell them to drop their weapons and make a run for it, but he didn't exactly want to leave. Being under the aura of a mordecai just felt so freeing. There was no way he could just leave that behind, then and there!

Deciding against his better judgment, Arcturus grabbed the archer's bow, sure that he'd most likely give it up under the threat of death, and beckoned ALICE towards him. "Everyone who isn't a terrorist, mordecai, or hostage, you're free to go."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

ALICE, viewing himself a freedom fighter rather than a terrorist, shrugged. "Whatever you say, boss." Turning, he would walk towards the door with the fleeing civilians.

emeraldknight

"Get back here, damnit!", Arcturus snapped. "Archer, give your bow to the id... Musician".

DragonSong

Kay's lip curled, and he snapped, "Bite me."

"Kay." Mia stared the terrorist down, but she was speaking to her brother. "Please. Don't be stupid."