Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Back here again {DragonSong}

Started by Lowen Thorn, March 18, 2018, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Soon enough, morning came and Lowen's eyes opened. He sat up, stretching his arms out and he looked around the little room. He felt at peace for a few brief moments before reality came crashing back in.

'Oh right. I killed someone last night.'

This is heavy. The weight in his chest. But he needed to face up to it, and find out exactly what happened. He hated that Hana was the one who had to endure it, but he also felt relieved that someone fully capable of handling herself was there. Maybe she would be the one that could help him understand why he has these blackouts. Maybe, with that, he would learn a little about his past too.

But maybe he didn't want to know.

He stood up from the bed, and made his way over to the door, trying, but failing, to exit.

"It's locked... ?"

DragonSong

Hana heard him wake and move to the door. She book her book to the side and rose to her feet, moving toward his door. She murmured a spell under her breath, breaking the seal instantlybas she turned the knob.

She tried for a smile. "Morning."

Lowen Thorn

"Hey there," he managed to muster.

He didn't feel too much life in him this morning, considering the events of the previous night. That, and his body still felt too weak to do much more than move from the bed to a chair.

Lowen was grateful for the woman's kindness, but he did not feel comfortable in their home anymore. Clearly he was unaware of what he was capable of, and if it happened again, he wouldn't see it happen here.

"I was thinking," he began. "We could go back out into the forest and talk more."

DragonSong

"If that's where you'll be more comfortable," she replied with a shrug and a soft smile. She stepped aside, indicating he should walk in front of her.

Lowen Thorn

"I would," he replied honestly.

He took her lead and walked out the door before her. He continued to walk for a bit until he was a good distance away from the house. Peering over his shoulder, he checked to make sure Hana was still behind him.

"So, are you ready to tell me exactly what happened last night?"

DragonSong

Hana followed just a step behind and beside him, eyeing him calculatingly with every step they took. She tilted her head at him and pursed her lips.

"I'm...not sure I can explain, exactly," she hedged. "I don't think I even entirely understand it."

Lowen Thorn

He shot her a worrying look.

"Well, you said someone else was controlling my body. You said he did it," he said, mostly reminding himself over her. "Can you start there?"

DragonSong

Still worrying her lip, the fox spirit nodded slowly. "Alright... Well, he said his name was Ipsen." She glanced at him sidelong. "Does that mean anything to you?"

Lowen Thorn

"Ipsen..." he murmured, trying to think. "Not really. I've never heard of-"

He stopped, his eyes widening in a rather "Aha!" moment.

"Actually, someone I've never met before called me Ipsen the last time I was in La'marri. I thought he just mistaken me for someone else and went about my business."

DragonSong

"Yes, that would...make sense." Hana sighed, running a hand through her hair. "If this person had only met Ipsen and not you, I mean."

Lowen Thorn

"Ipsen.. Ipsen.. Ipsen.." the man repeated, his hand now on his head as he searched the little memories he had left. Nothing. "It's no use-"

Abruptly, the man let out a huge gasp, his body stiffened, and his eyes went blank to the point where all one could see in them were white.

---

"Arty! Arty!" a young woman called out from down the hall of a quaint little home. She turned the corner, and walked into what looked like a bedroom.

There was a man standing in the room, a warm smile on his face as he held up two different shirts for the woman to observe.

"Artemicion Ipsen Tur! We are going to be late at the rate we are going!"

"I know, sweetheart," he replied with a kind voice. "But which one do you think? We have to make a good impression tonight."

"Oh, Arty," she giggled, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Either one will do."

The man did not look convinced, though his eyes were more playful than serious. "Alys, please!"

"Okay, fine," she said in a defeated tone. "That one."

"Ah, yes! I thought so too!" he replied excitingly. "That's why I love you, Ally."

She smiled warmly before throwing her arms around him in an embrace. "I love you too, dear."

---

Lowen's eyes shot back to their normal state, and he gasped for air one more time almost as if he had previously been unable to breathe. His chest was thumping up an down with heavy breaths, and his heart was beating out of his chest.

'That man.. He looked just like me.'

DragonSong

"Whoa!" Hana grabbed at Lowen's shoulder, a little afraid he might collapse or something. "Hey, lad, you okay?" she asked, staring up into his face worriedly.

Lowen Thorn

"Y-yeah," he said slowly, regaining his composure. "I just felt a little faint. That's all. I must still be recovering from last night."

Lowen shook his head, and let out a deep breath before speaking again. "What were we talking about?"

DragonSong

The kitsune frowned. "Ipsen," she replied slowly. "A man thought that was your name, remember?"

Lowen Thorn

"Ah, right. Ipsen."

He didn't know what to say. What was vision he just saw? Was it indeed just a vision, or was it a flashback? Did he just witness a piece of his missing history? And who was that girl? Alys?

Alys.

---

"W-What the fuck is this?" Arty muttered under his breath.

The man stood with wide-eyes, his beloved just behind him. They were invited to a party, something they had both been very eager to attend. But when they arrived, no one was in the main room. They ventured throughout the home, looking for any signs of life.

Had they gone to the wrong house?

No! He would sure they were at the right one.

They went upstairs, and that's when they found them.

All of them. All dead. At least twenty people, sprawled out on the floor soaking in a mass pool of blood. Some sort of ritual drawings etched all over the walls.

One man stood quietly alone in the middle, his hands behind his back. A survivor? Or the culprit?

He shot a look up at the two lovers with red, burning eyes.

Alys gasped and Arty stepped in from of her, shielding her away from the man who was now pacing slowly towards them.

"W-What the fuck is this?" Arty repeated in horror.

"They made me do it," he hissed with an eerie, soft tone. From behind his back, he slowly showed them what he was holding. A dagger, covered in blood.

'My dagger', Lowen thought.

"I don't want to do it again," the ominous man said, a sinister smile slipping onto his face.

"Alys, run!" Arty shouted as the man before them lunged in their direction.

---

Lowen gasped back into reality again, this time falling on his back. He looked around frantically until his eyes landed on Hana.

Complete fear was in his eyes, as if he woke up from a nightmare. He locked his gaze on the kitsune for only a moment, before he scrambled to his feet and ran further into the woods.

DragonSong

"Lowen? Lowen!"

He was gone, he was running. Hana hesitated a moment-- if she chased that "other" might come out again, but if she left him on his own...

He may hurt himself. Or someone else.

Growling under her breath, she started running, changing to her fox form between one breath and the next.

Lowen Thorn

Lowen was sprinting at full speed, dodging and side-stepping through the trees frantically as he literally ran away from his past. The only thing he could focus us was the sound of his heart thumping and thudding through his chest.

He kept having little flashes, much the same to the previous two spells.

How could this be? This was not the past he wanted to remember.

---

"You know what to do," the sinister man, trance with demoncraft said as he locked eyes with Arty.

Arty tried to resist, but couldn't look away in time. His eyes went solid blank, and his voice dropped to a monotone whisper. "Yes, I know what to do," he repeated, taking the dagger from the other man's hands.

He slowly turned around, and began walking in the direction where Alys had previously fled.

---

"No!" Lowen screamed as he ran, just before tripping over a root sticking out of the ground. His body was thrown over, rolling into the soil.

DragonSong

"Lowen!"

Hana skidded, paws kicking up earth as she bounded up beside him and had to draw up short to avoid accidentally trampling him. "Lowen?" She knelt in halfling form, ears twitching nervously, and reached out to touch his shoulder. "Hey, lad, can you hear me?"

Lowen Thorn

[OOC: Just a warning, this next bit might be a little fucked up. I just kind of went with it.]

The man's eyes went from solid white to pure black as he remembered the events on that day.

---

"Alys! Alys, honey! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

Arty stalked through the halls of the mansion that he and his wife had came to earlier, dagger in hand. The woman had previously ran at her husband's command upon meeting the sinister being in the upstairs room.

Her heart was beating, almost uncontrollably, as she hid in a cabinet space in one of the spare rooms in the first floor. What was that thing? And where is Arty?

"Alys!" the man called out to her again.

"A-Arty?" she finally spoke in a trembling voice. "Arty, where are you? We have to get out of here."

"Sure, honey. We do. But I need you to come out to me. Let me see you!"

She slowly crawled out of the cabinet space to reveal herself to the man, a look of pure horror in her eyes. "Arty.." she whispered. "Where is he? We must go."

"Oh, what's the rush, darling? We have friends here... don't you want to stay and mingle with your friends?"

The woman looked at him in disbelief, her voice rising in panic. "What's going on with you?! Has.. Has he gotten to you somehow?"

She stepped closer to see the man's eyes. They were as dark as the sky with no stars. Letting out a scream of terror, she turned heel to run away from the man she loved, but was quickly jolted back when he grabbed her arm.

"Well, lookie, lookie, who the hell do we have here?" the man asked, much in the same way Ipsen had talked to Hana. "I can smell the fear on you, girl. What's the matter? Don't you love me anymore?"

"You are NOT the man I love!" she snapped, tears building up in her eyes. "Give me my Arty ba-"

No matter how much she begged and pleaded, the man was too far gone to listen. The last bit of plea was interrupted by the sharp, cold pinch of the knife going through her back. With eyes wide in shock, and heartbreak, she collapsed to the ground.

Rolling her over on her back, the man put a knee each around her legs, hovering over her with a wild look in his eyes.

"Arty p-please.." she mouthed as a tear slipped down the side of her face. "I love you.."

Those were her last words before the man, possessed by the demon upstairs, stabbed her in the heart, in the stomach, and everywhere else - over and over again.

"I love you too Alys! I love you too! It will all be over soon, honey! Don't worry! Just promise you'll never stop loving me!"

He pulled the dagger from the woman one last time, her body and the floor around them completely covered in her blood. He stared into her lifeless eyes for a moment, until the black washed away and he went back to his normal state of mind.

"A-Alys.. N-No! Fuck! Alys! No!" he screamed, shaking her shoulders, trying to cover the wounds, anything. Nothing was working! What had happened? What the hell had happened?!

Collapsing on top of her, the man wept uncontrollably.

---

Lowen's awoke from his trance, making an obvious transition from vision to reality, but his eyes remained black as coal. He stared up at the woman and blinked one, and it was followed by a curious smile.

"Oh, hello. Are you lost?" he asked, sitting upright. "I do not know if I'll be able to help you out if you are. I'm just a kitsune from Thantos, but I tend to travel most days. The name's Tobin. Who are you?"

DragonSong

Oh.

Oh no.

Hana stared at him, speechless for several long moments. "No..."

How the fuck was she supposed to handle this? He-- he wasn't even making sense! He was just...gone.

Wait.

An idea struck her. Potentially a horrible idea, but it was the best she had in the moment. Grasping the man's shoulders tightly, she looked into his eyes and said firmly, "Ipsen, I need to talk to you."

She could only pray it would work.