Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Altas Verde Independence Movement

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, May 27, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The Altas Verde Independence Movement

Objective
Fed up with the bureaucracy and taxes imposed by the Serenian government, the Altas Verde Independence Movement (AVIM) fights for their province to secede from the rest of the nation.

What? Secession? Why?

• Altas Verde's culture is very, very different from the rest of Serendipity due to both it's Elven and Adelan roots. The vast majority of Verdans do not consider themselves to be "Serenian" at all, and there are some who consider the demonym an insult. Secession has always been something Verdans grumbled about doing one day.
  • The ruling family of Altas Verde mysteriously vanished about a year ago. The only remaining member of the family, Beryl Feyal, was forced to take up the mantle of High Lady at the absurdly young age of twelve. There a many rumors as to what happened, the most prevailing being that the family fell victim to an attempted coup. Needless to say, tensions among the Verdan nobles have been very, very high as of late.
  • Altas Verde's biggest export- the rare, blue metal known as cyathil- is no longer being mined due to the constantly increasing taxes placed on it by the Serenian government. As many Verdan's livelihoods were reliant on the metal, the province's economy has taken a massive hit. This was considered to be the last straw by many Verdans, and is ultimately what spurned the creation of AVIM.

Who may join?
Any Verdan characters who wish to see their land freed from Serendipity's control is welcome to join AVIM! The majority of secessionists are peaceful, and fight for their cause through activism and lobbying. Extremists do exist, but they're typically shunned by the more numerous, PR focused moderates.

Secessionists often wear long, blue jackets- both to emulate their leader, and to help identify one another. Because of this, AVIM's political opponents derogatorily refer to members of the group as "bluecoats".

Organization Location
The town of Seren is the current home of AVIM, though there are also smaller chapters located in other parts of the province. Douglas uses his rather modest home as an unorthodox base of operations, though the sheer amount of members has forced him to hold his meetings in the town square- they don't all fit in his tiny apartment.

Current Members and Ranks
Leader:
Douglas Scarpetti
Members:
Molly Starklein

OOC Information
No, Altas Verde is not actually seceding. This guild will not accomplish their goal.

I'd prefer if members shoot me a PM before making characters for the guild- I'd like to know what you have in mind, and in general just go over things with you. This really isn't an "event" as much as it is a new status quo for the province, so I'd prefer to pre-approve stuff before it gets made.