Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Into the Maze of Mirrors and Dreams

Started by Limbo, June 11, 2018, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbo

Two Days Prior.

Koh watched in amusement as the gathered nobles succumbed to the... additives. Supposedly, this particular drug was derived form a species of vine from the jungles of Yoreiq. The effects of this unique plant, so says one Oleander Fell, is to cause intense hallucinations and a sense of dread that leaves one in a state of hysteria. Koh observed that Oleander was not lying, as they stumbled throughout the dining hall. Some, scratching at the locked doors, others cowering underneath the long table.

Having enough of this, Koh cleared his throat and spoke. "Attention! Attention all! Please lay thine eyes upon me!" All at once, everything stopped. Thirty one eyes instantly snapped to attention. For a brief moment, all was silent. Koh wondered what they all saw him as?

"DEMON!" The hostess yelled, from under the table

"M-MONSTER!" Another man said as he scrabbled at the door.

"CLOWN!" This shout amused Koh greatly.

Koh once more laughed, this time he didn't make an effort to hide it; wishing for those gathered to hear. Judging by the gasps of horror and screams, it must have sounded ghastly. With a smirk hidden behind the demonic mask, Koh began to spin a tale to his captive audience.

Now.

The merchant sat at the end of a long table, one hand drumming a rhythm onto the hardwood table. Her olive skin and comely features set into a deep scowl filled with disgust. Though, said hate was not for the assorted sellswords before her. The woman slides a piece of parchment over to a waiting servant who in turn handed it to the seeming leader. Upon the parchment was a picture of a masked man wearing a long coat, below it was an address. The woman leaned back into her char and inhaled sharply; she then spoke in a tinny voice filled with the same disgust as the scowl she wore.

"You lot are to find this... clown. And bring it to me. Dead or Alive, I don't care. Though should you bring it to me alive, expect a bonus." Leaning over the table she rested her chin on both hands. "The address is to a small house near by. This is a simple job, half of you could do this but I want to send a message."

The woman once again reclined into her chair, her face once more took on a neutral expression as she closed her eyes. "Any questions?"