Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thought mostly about high-fantasy stuff...

Started by SkyBlade, June 16, 2018, 05:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyBlade

Hey there! So, I am new to this play-by-post stuff and I am really curious to find out what it is like. I've been mostly reading and writing a tiny bit here and there, but so far haven't had the courage to actually start a thread. :)

I am the most into high-fantasy stuff knitted together with all kinds of mystical/cursed objects, creatures, events, places, people, sorcery, medieval and tribal themed matters, maybe riddles or balades here and there.
I still try to find relatively fresh threads, but would always be glad to join any ideas people may have thought about recently that fit into that theme of -- some may describe -- overly arcanic style. ;D :D

See you! :)

quaggan

Hello!

So, you're into cursed objects? I have a cursed character! He's not an object (unless someone pranks him with transformation magic), but he's cursed, and was recently sent to a magic academy for research purposes! I checked your character's application, and was pleased to find out that he wants to learn more about magic - so I recommend my squish for experiments to progress the knowledge of curse magic ^^

I have another idiot stupid enough to get cursed, and since your character seems to be more knowledgeable about magic matters than an average barbarian Adelan, so he can mention stuff and get my squish in trouble!

And when it comes to the nature of magic and research into it, I would recommend the only character I have who actually has her shit together! She's good for doing research, funding research, or just having a proper conversation about magic!

SkyBlade

Greetings!

Sorry for responding relatively late, I still read about the world and I try not the rush the stuff, so that I can get a decent understanding of the game and of people's characters, wants and limits, etc. as well. :)

I think it would be great if I gave a go with Alvaro. But, pardon my English, I am not entirely sure I understood what you said.
Quote from: quaggan on June 16, 2018, 08:55:32 AM... since your character seems to be more knowledgeable about magic matters than an average barbarian Adelan, so he can mention stuff and get my squish in trouble!

Did you mean that the two are quite different in terms of attitude towards magic and, thus, a conflict would make a nice story? (if so, totally agreed) :)

What I personally thought about is something similar...
As far as I have understood, Adelans don't really rely on magic that much and are more inclined to the "barbaric" warrior style. So, maybe the two could meet somewhere in the Draconi Forest (as it's full of wild creatures and I think it would suit better a more action-like story) and have a rather tense relationship during the plot, but could eventually learn that it is best for both to work together.
That would be a very basic adventure tale, but I also wanted to ask you about this particular character (as I have seen on your profile that the "healing" stuff depends on the character, which I totally understand).
So, would you want to make the story more complex and turn it into an actual quest to cure Alvaro?
Or should we just stick to a regular adventure plot? If so, should we plan or just spontaneously jump in and see how it goes?

But those are just some simple things I thought about, waiting to see your point of view and ideas! :)

quaggan

My apologies for being unclear!

Now then, yes, Adelans have a regrettable attitude towards magic. I figured being revealed as either using a magical ability to support himself in combat, or cursed, could really get Alvaro in trouble and produce the desired conflict.

I also must apologize for forgetting to put on his application the specifics with the curse. Since he's Adelan, I don't think he has the sense to believe that his curse can be lifted, let alone trust someone more skilled to help. So I think that a more basic adventure form would be more suitable.

SkyBlade

Great!
Then maybe we can talk and plan something with PMs so as to have basic idea about the plot or at least the beginning.
Or perhaps you'd rather want it to be a spontaneous thing, without a "predestined" story? Either one works for me.