Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2005, 12:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[Moved thread Talon=Uberdragonduelist Anonymous=Pastel=Arien=Nightcandle]

Talon
Unregistered User
(9/18/03 3:37 pm)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Just Wandering... ‡~‡
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Talon walked into Serendipity Village at his normal slow walking pace. He brushed a strand of hair from his face and put it behind his ear, moving his earring a bit and making in twinkle for a second. He looked around the village for a moment before wandering into the streets amidst the slew of people, knowing that he didn't even have a snowflake's chance in Hell of finding who he was looking for here, but this was just as good as any other place to start.  

Anonymous
Unregistered User
(9/18/03 3:51 pm)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The short woman walks slowly through the village, gawking at everything around as if it were the strangest and most wonderful thing in the entire world. Kind of ironic, considering this woman is dressed finely. Her clothing consists of three layered robes; the top one black with a very low collar that dips down to her waist, just past hip length in the front and down to her ankles in the back and great bell like sleeves. The second is golden, with a V neck collar, knee length with an opening that looks like the greek character omega. The bottom robe is white, with a high collar and long overlapping sleeves that all but covers her ankle length black boots. The golden bells at the ends of them make a soft melody as she steps. 'Round her neck were five necklaces; a black collar adorned with a yellow diamond, two cords one black on white woven so they are joined yet look seperate when worn, a crystal ball set in a tentacle on a cord of black leather and a long silver and gold chain with a pendant that looks like a sword. She lifts a hand and scratches at her head, crowned with long ash grey hair streaked once on each side with cyan. Brilliant, yet confused eyes the color of a rainbow glance around in awe.

As she's watching a man sell an apple to another man she runs into Talon. She looks up at him, her face bold, but hinted with the confusion that marks her eyes.

Talon
Unregistered User
(9/20/03 6:40 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Oh my! ‡~‡
 (OOC: Talon has a British accent.)

Upon feeling someone run into hime, Talon quickly turned aroun.

Talon: Oh my, I'm terribly sorry, miss. I suppose that I really should walk faster. Hope nothing of yours was damaged in that little collision. Is there anything I can help you with? I'm terribly sorry.

Anonymous
Unregistered User
(9/20/03 7:00 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 (OOC: Jolly good ^_^)

"Damaged?" the woman parrots, her face a mask of confusion. It takes a second but the meaning of the word comes to her. "I-I don't think so. I still look the same." Just to make sure she glances at herself, her garments were strange to her, no biggie but he did ask if anything were damaged. She looks up suddenly when Talon asks about helping her. "I can't find my my Ju-dal. He's big and black and has red eyes. He used to be behind me but I can't find him."

Talon
Unregistered User
(9/22/03 4:15 pm)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Say Huh? ‡~‡
 Talon raised an eyebrow, but kept smiling.

Talon: Now what on earth is a Ju-dal? Some kind of pet, like a cat or owl or something? And what's your name anyways?

Anonymous
Unregistered User
(9/22/03 4:33 pm)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 The woman shifts a bit, her confusion peeking like the waves during hide tide. "No, Ju-dal is my-my how did she say it, I don't remember." Her rainbow eyes suddenly light up with inspiration. "Oh, Ju-dal is my servant." Pleased with herself she smiles a little and closes her eyes, wondering where on earth the creature could have gone too so fast and so quietly. Then Talon's second question registered. Feeling confident she pokes around in the few dusty corridors that were open in her mind. Unfortunately the corridors held nothing but dust, nothing of use for the question. "I'm not sure, I don't remember," she says softly her voice still holding a faint echo of her previous confidence.

Talon
Unregistered User
(9/22/03 4:39 pm)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Don't Remember? ‡~‡
 Talon scratches his head a bit and smiles at her again.

Talon: Don't remember? Well I have to call you something! Is there anything you'd like to be called?

Anonymous
Unregistered User
(9/22/03 4:50 pm)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 Again the woman shifts, there wasn't anything she could think of that someone might want to refer to her by. Woman was too vague, anonymous was a description, not a name her mind managed to say, the man before her might balk if she asked for him to call her Mistress like Judal did. "I don't know, I can't think of anything I could be called."

Talon
Unregistered User
(11/2/03 8:16 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Hmmm... ‡~‡
 Talon put his right hand on his chin and pondered for a moment. (OOC: Talon, are you pondering what I'm pondering? lol)

Talon: Well, would you mind if I gave you a name? Hows about Arien?

Anonymous
Unregistered User
(11/2/03 8:36 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 (Hee hee ^_^)

The woman bit her bottom lip, her rainbow colored eyes drifting to and fro. Arien, Arien? Her mind decided to be enigmatic, not offering any clues what her own name could be. It could be Arien as far as she knew! "I-I guess not. Arien, I like that name where is it from?" She tilted her head to the side slightly.

Talon
Unregistered User
(11/2/03 9:09 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Uhm... ‡~‡
 Talon thought about how to answer her question. He could tell her the truth, but she might ask questions and accidentally bring back some painful emotional baggage. 'Eh, I'll tell her the truth later, I suppose.'

Talon: Oh, that's just something I like to name things.

Arien
Unregistered User
(11/2/03 9:25 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 The woman, Arien, blinks. Something he liked to name things. Did she have something to name things? Again her mind is silent, her mental questions the only thing on her mind. She nods, finally just giving in to something without further dissecting it. A question of a different sort pops into her mind however. "Where is this?"

Talon
Unregistered User
(11/2/03 9:38 am)
Reply  â€¡!‡ What? ‡~‡
 Talon raises an eyebrow at her question.

Talon: Where is what?

Arien
Unregistered User
(11/8/03 1:02 pm)
Reply  Â¤ Unknown ¤
 Who? What? Where? Why? How? Her head was starting to hurt, driving the faint vestements of answers that lurked in her mind back into the depths.

"Um," Arien uttered. Her prismatic eyes darted side to side and one hand perched on her chin. That hand slipped downwards slightly as she thought, trying to remember what she'd wanted specified. Her mind unhelpfully told her that there were many locations around them and unhelpfully didn't clue her in on what they were. The hand comes to a stopping point on a clear orb held in a metal tentacle on a leather cord. The round feel of the orb on her fingers provides a small sense of calm, in a sense spraying away the cobwebs of confusion. She rubs the necklace, bouncing it in her fingers once.

And it glowed.

The light sprang from the orb and landed in a spot just in front of Talon and Arien. The light faded to show the form of a tall, black horse like creature composed of sharp angular features. His eyes were red and threw off coronas of the color, a few black fangs poked through his lips and where hooves would be on a normal horse where on him were claws, two bat like wings hovered over his narrow shoulders. This creature looked to Talon and snorted, turning his attention quickly back to Arien.

"Why toy with me Mistress?"

Arien's became delighted when the creature materialized. She leapt forward and put her arms around the Nightmare's neck happy to see a face that didn't bring on a load of confusion. "Hi Ju-dal," she said.

Judal balked at her contact, pulling his neck from her grasp and snorted again. "Are you sick?"

That just wouldn't do! Serving a mistress that was ill wouldn't bring him esteem among his fellows, in fact they might increase their perennial attacks. He comes to a descision quickly. His mistress was sick and needed treatment, he would show his worth by finding a cure for her sickness. When she was better she would more than likely reward him, perhaps by showing him more of that magic she possesed.

"I shall return Mistress." Judal stepped back a few feet and ran forward, leaping into the air amidst a few gasps by those that happened to be around.

Arien watched her servant take to the skies, not really understanding what he was saying. She watched him go apathetically, on the inside feeling a little dissapointment though, she wanted to ask Judal some things since the creature obviously had some answers to the questions flitting around in her head.

Talon
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 9:28 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Uhh, Right Then... ‡~‡
 Talon blinked a few times, trying with all his might (and brain cells) to figured out exactly what the hell just happened.

Talon: Uhh, was that your, uhm, Ju-dal?

Arien
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 9:33 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 Arien blinked a few times, still looking in the direction Judal flew off in. When Talon spoke she turned back to face him, her small face a picture of confusion. "Um, yeah, that was Ju-dal, but he flew away. I wonder if he'll come back..."

Talon
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 9:39 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ You Never Can Tell With Some People... ‡~‡
 Talon racked his brain for something to say or change the subject with. Anything would do, but upon hearing a soft rumble from his stomach, he thought of the perfect thing to say.

Talon: Well, uhm, Arien, why don't we go, maybe, get... something to eat?

Arien
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 9:51 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 Arien, wait that was her name, maybe. Talon was talking to her. "Eat?" she parroted softly. A rumble came from her own stomach, she hadn't eaten in quite some time, and though she wasn't sure about what he meant her stomach understood perfectly. Fo--od.

She smiled, rainbow eyes glittering. "That sounds good."

Talon
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 10:12 am)
Reply  â€¡~‡ Finally, Something Normal Happens ‡~‡
 Talon smiled at her and started walking towards one of the various little shops, carts and booths in the busy city, trusting that Arien was following him.

Talon: So, you got any idea what kind of food you like, or do you just want to try whatever smells good? I'll eat anything.

Arien
Unregistered User
(12/14/03 10:21 am)
Reply  Â¤Unknown¤
 Arien followed a pace behind Talon, looking around at all the food shops. It all smelled so good, she couldn't decide just what to eat, in fact she wanted to try a little of everything! "Let's get something, anything, it all smells so good," a big smile traced across Arien's face.

uberdragonduelist
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/24/04 9:14 am)
Reply  <-- Talon
 Talon smiled at his new companion. She made him happy. He looked around at all the little shops and carts and pubs and such to eat at, trying to figure out where to start. He closed his eyes and pointed in a random direction.

Talon: Let's start there.

Nightcandle
Satanized for your protection
(1/25/04 10:17 am)
Reply | Edit  <-- Arien
 Arien followed his pointing finger. Her eyes wide, innocent and curious like a child's. "Really, ok," she smiled closing her eyes while she did so. The woman took a few steps toward the place, which turned out to be a little café like shop, the bells at the tips of her boots jingling slightly. After those steps she turned back to look at Talon, clasping her hands behind her back.  

uberdragonduelist
SotE addict
(11/16/04 2:05 pm)
Reply   <-- Talon
 Talon: Well? Let's go on in, shall we?

He walked up to the door and held it open for her.

Talon: Ladies first.

Nightcandle
(11/17/04 11:47 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <-- Arien
 Arien had no objections to Talon opening the door for her. She tromped into the café and looked around, nostrils flaring to catch the scent of all the wonderful foods in it.

A waitress approached them soon after Arien entered, two red menus in her arms. "Welcome to Bayleaf, would you like a window seat?" She smiled pleasantly.

Arien blinked and turned back to Talon. "Does that taste good?"

uberdragonduelist
SotE addict
(11/18/04 3:58 am)
Reply   Re: <-- Arien
 Talon chuckled.

Talon: No, Arien, that's a place to sit. We sit down first and then we tell the lady what we want to eat.

Nightcandle
(11/23/04 11:21 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <-- Arien
 The window seat was where they would sit down and there they would tell the lady what they wanted to eat. Arien pursed her lips in thought and nodded a moment later.

If it was the place they had to sit down before they ate... "We shall have the window seat," she said to the waitress.

Who smiled gently and nodded before walking to an available table, a little oak with four chairs set around it placed next to a big window.

Arien sat in a chair next to the window and looked up expectantly at the waitress. She supposed that after Talon sat they would tell her what they wanted to eat.

uberdragonduelist
Mistress of
the Shinys
(12/5/04 5:32 pm)
Reply   <-- Talon
 Talon looked at her and could almost tell that she was waiting to tell the waitress what she wanted.

Talon: Uhm, first you tell her what you want to drink. Then she'll hand you a menu, a list of things you can eat here. Then once she brings your drink, you tell her what you want to eat. Do you know how to read or shall I need to read the menu to you?

Nightcandle
(12/9/04 12:52 am)
Reply | Edit
   <-- Arien
 Arien tilted her head to the side and nodded slowly. She heard Talon, she just needed to understand it.

The waitress folded her arms behind her back and smiled gently. The woman was probably from out of town.

What to drink? What could she get to drink? Hmmm water, water was something to drink. Red and white, red seemed a little better than white for some reason, she couldn't tell anything else about them. Red lingered in her mind, but she still couldn't tell what it was. Water however, was clearer, water was what she used to wash herself off. It was used to wash and drink.

Could she read? She supposed she should tell Talon whether or not she could do that before telling the waitress she wanted water. The word read sounded familiar, she just wasn't sure how to do it. Her body didn't react, like it had when she wondered what food was. It had something to do with the menu that had what they could get to eat though. Maybe that was how to decided what you wanted to eat? She thought she could pick what she wanted to eat, she picked what she wanted to drink. What to eat couldn't be much harder.

"I can," she nodded confidently and looked up at the waitress. "I would like to drink water."

The waitress nodded and looked at Talon. "And for you sir?"

Anonymous

Talon looked at the waitress.

Talon: I'll have tea.

Talon looked at Arien again.

Talon: You looked a bit unsure. Are you positive you don't want me to read it to you?

Anonymous

The waitress nodded. "Do you know what you want to eat or do you need a minute?"

Arien looked down at the menu, squinting her eyes a little and trying to make sense of all the little scriggles on it.  When Talon asked again if she needed help she looked up a him, her face split between looking confused and pondering if he'd believe her if she said she could. Finally she nodded, smiling confidently and laying her menu down on the table.

Now she had to look like she knew what she was doing before Talon figured out that she didn't. She pointed to a drawn picture of a bowl of soup, "This is what I want."

The waitress leaned down a bit to see what she was pointing at and nodded. "And you sir?"

Anonymous

Talon glanced at the menu. He ate meat occasionally, but did prefer a vegetarian meal.

Talon: I'll just have a large salad please.

Anonymous

The waitress grinned at them both and scribbled down their choices on a pad of paper. "I'll have your drinks in a moment," she said cheerily before walking off.

Arien looked down at the menu, still trying to make sense of all the little squiggles. Some were starting to make sense, the shorter ones 'and', 'a', 'the' etc. Hopefully she'd nail it before the food came, or if she was lucky before the drinks.

Anonymous

Talon noticed Arien still looking at the menu.

Talon: Oh, have you changed your mind?

Anonymous

Hmmm, more of the marks were making sense now. If she concentrated on them a little she could figure out what they stood for, and recognize the same marks in a different spot. Progress, she smiled a little-

And jerked her head up when Talon spoke to her, her eyes widening a little. "No, I'm-" her eyes flittered side to side as she thought, trying to figure out just what to tell him she was doing. "I'm looking at the other...parts."

Anonymous

Talon: Are you sure you know how to read. I don't mean to be rude, but I can help you if you want me to. I won't think any less of you.

Anonymous

Arien looked up at him, mouth partially open. She didn't know what to say. He wouldn't 'think less' of her if she didn't know how to read, but she almost knew. Now she could understand every other word on the page, if it was a small word. The squiggles, writing stood for sounds, so she could match sounds from words she knew with words she didn't. It wasn't too hard, not now.

Then the waitress came back with their drinks. She set a glass of water next to Arien and a glass of tea next to Talon, smiled and went off to do some other thing. Arien took a drink immediatly after her glass was put down, a tiny sip that barely lowered the level of water in the cup.

She couldn't just drink water, she had to answer Talon. Arien toyed with her crystal ball talisman, looking down in it to see her warped robes. After playing with her necklace a bit she looked back up at him, her lips pressed into a line. "I can read a little of it."

Anonymous

Talon: Oh, alright then. Let me know if you need any help, and I'll gladly administer it!

He took a sip of his tea and found it to be quite hot. He blew on it a few times before taking another sip. He then noticed how fast Arien drank her water.

Talon: Are you thirsty? *chuckle*

Anonymous

Arien nodded and reached for her water, taking a much more substantial drink than she had before and blushed when Talon pointed out how she was attacking the drink. She set the glass down quickly.

A bit too quickly, and a bit too hard it seemed, the glass cracked and water began to leak onto the table. Arien watched it puddle away from the glass and glanced back up at Talon, her lips pressed in a thin line. "I'll get it," she said, not really knowing how she could stop the water from coming out of the glass. First she lifted the broken glass and put her free hand in it, trying to corral it into a circle. The drips from the glass made that difficult.

Then she held the glass over the far edge of the table and began sweeping her little puddle towards it. That got some of the water into it, but there were still lines marking where the puddle was swept. She brushed them at the glass, they went everywhere, hitting her more than the glass.

Then she saw something. Arien raised an eyebrow and set her glass back on the table, tilting her right arm across the table. There were two bow shaped peices of bronze in her palm, touching each other but facing so the curved part was outstretched, there wasn't any visible skin between the two metal bits. But Arien wasn't looking at that, she was pulling her overlaying sleeves back to her elbow and looking at her arm. Which was laced with scars; long thin scars that looked like they were made with a knife. Most were horizontal, but there was one running vertical. It was longer, nearly wrist to elbow and deeper than the others, and it also had a slight purple tinge to it where the others were brown-red.

Arien looked at her arm for a moment before looking back up at Talon. She tilted her head a little, trying to get a look at his forearms. This wasn't right, from what little she knew she knew that people didn't usually have stripes on their arms.

Anonymous

Talon grabbed a napkin and dabbed at the remnants of the puddle on the table until he noticed Arien's arms. He gently grabbed her and and pulled it toward him so that he could see her arm. His eyes widened.

Talon: My goodness, you're covered in scars! Whatever could have done that to you?

Talon wanted to say more, but he couldn't figure out what to say. She had amnesia, he knew she wouldn't know what happened, thought it felt right to ask her.

Anonymous

Arien didn't resist when Talon pulled her arm toward him, instead shifting a little so she wouldn't end up in an uncomfortable position. "Scars?" she repeated, narrowing her eyes a little and looking down at her arm with Talon.

Scars formed over a bad wound. How did she get this many on her arm?

"I don't know," she propped her other arm up on the table and shook the sleeves down. The arm didn't have any marks. "There's nothing on this arm," she tilted it towards Talon. "Someone must have hurt me."

She looked back down at her scarred arm, looking at one in particular. "One is purple," she said softly. "How could it become purple?"

Anonymous

Talon examined her arm some more.

Talon: I've never seen a purple scar before. Maybe it was infected or something.

At that moment the waitress showed up with their food.

Waitress: Uhm, excuse me, I really need to set this down.

Talon: Oh, I'm terribly sorry.

Talon let go of Arien's arm and the waitress waited on her to remove her arms from the table.

Anonymous

An infection. Arien looked at Talon curiously while her mind scrambled to find a meaning for the word. She slid her arm off the table when the waitress arrived, looking down at her arm afterwards.

Infection. Sometime after getting that cut it made her sick. That could have turned the scar purple, maybe. Looking at the scar made her feel funny though, and she didn't think it was the infection acting up.

It made her throat ache and made her eyes itch. It was a faint feeling, but none of her other scars or effects made her feel like that. Infection sickness seemed different from it, somehow. She looked up at Talon, back at her arm and then back up at him. "Looking at this scar makes my throat hurt," she said softly. Talon knew about infections, maybe he would know what could make a throat hurt.

Anonymous

The waitress set the food down on the table; the bowl of soup in front of Arien, and the salad in front of Talon. Talon smiled at the waitress and handed her some money as she left. He waited for the waitress to leave before answering Arien's question.

Talon: Well, I'm no cleric, but I can't think of any infection in your arm that would make your throat hurt. Terribly sorry. Well, go on and eat up. Maybe you'll remember things better on a full stomach.

Anonymous

Arien nodded and picked up her spoon, sweeping it back and forth across the surface of her bowl. The smell made her stomach feel hallow, but that sore feeling in her throat wouldn't go away. Should she eat? Would the food make her throat sorer? If Talon knew anything about that he didn't say, he just said that she should try to eat something. That she would be able to remember better on a full stomach. Remember seemed like a good thing, maybe that could help her throat.

She swept the spoon around the bowl before scooping up some soup sticking the entire dished surface of the spoon in her mouth. Meh, it clacked against her teeth, and she couldn't taste the soup over the tang of the metal. She pulled the spoon out of her mouth and swept it across the soup a few more times.

Her throat wasn't so sore now though. The food was doing good!

Anonymous

((OOC: *Bangs head on table* It is so hard to post here! *cries* It's just so boring.))

Talon watched Arien take a few sips of the soup, watching her facial expression to make sure she wasn't in pain or anything. It looked like she was doing alright, so Talon took a few bites of his salad. He was worried about Arien's scars, but they looked quite old, so obviously she had lived through them so far. This woman was rather strange, but Talon liked her anyways, so he didn't say anything about it.