Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Murky Water (Open!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, September 15, 2018, 11:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It was a beautiful summer day in Cerenis. The port-town's streets were bustling with activity, and the air was filled with the sound of people enjoying themselves. The scent of the ocean mingled with the smell of fresh seafood. Seagulls wandered about as if they owned the place, squawking at each other and squabbling over unattended food.

Naturally, Emilia hated all of it.

It was much too bright for her liking. The sounds of humans having fun made her angry- it was if they were mocking her. The smell of fish made her nauseous, and those damn birds wouldn't shut up. Pulling her hood over her head in an attempt to keep the sun out of her eyes, Emilia briefly gazed into a shop window- and that's when she saw it.

Image courtesy of Brett Robinson

It was a small figurine, made entirely of seashells. It wasn't exactly pretty- if anything, it was outright tacky- but something about it spoke to the former warlord. "Oh!" she exclaimed softly. "How quaint!" Walking into the shop, Emilia picked up the souvenir and showed it to the clerk. "You'll be giving me this."

The clerk gave her an odd look. "... No, you'll be paying for that."

Emilia rolled her eyes. "Suuuuure. And how much, dare I ask, will you charge me for it?"

"Twenty glints."

Emilia laughed- a snide, condescending noise. "Make it zero glints, and you have a deal. I'm not paying."

The shopkeeper stared blankly at her. "Get out of my shop."

Emilia smiled sweetly. "Gladly!" The woman would turn to leave, taking the tacky figurine with her....